ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NEW CONTEST!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-12-03 10:01 AM
steel driving hammer Loose is not the same a lose!

Whatcho talking?
09-12-03 10:03 AM
stonedinaustralia between 22 and 1,000 - that's 978/1 - at those odds there's only one bet

however, SS if you hadn't have defined the market i would have said:

9,764,865,732,975,994,458,326,986.0089655555555 (recurring)

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
09-12-03 10:07 AM
Joey " I'll be watching Penn State loose too btw. "

It's going to be sweet ..........................After what Joe Pa did to my beloved Huskers last year -- Damn !!!!!

I will be thinking of all of my C-10 Brothers this Saturday evening as I sit in Glorious Memorial Stadium ( Lincoln , NE ) , pouring little bottles of Bacardi into me coke and cheering on the Big Red !!!!!!!!!!!

What ?!?!?!?!?! Oh ,of course :

My back to the wall
A victim of laughing chance ;
This is for me
The essence of true romance .
Sharing the things we know and love
With those of my kind ;
Libations ................
Sensations ....................
That stagger the mind .

I crawl like a viper
Through these suburban streets ;
Make love to these women
Languid and bittersweet .
I'll rise when the sun goes down
Cover every game in town ;
A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home .

I'll learn to work the saxophone
I'll play just what I feel ;
Drink Barenjager all night long
And die behind the wheel .
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when the Nittany Lions lose ;
They call Nebraska the " CornHuskers "
Call me Stoney Blues .

..................Stoney Blues !

The Jercee , Established 1999

09-12-03 10:10 AM
Sir Stonesalot LOL! SIA! Thanks for the giggle bro. What is wrong with the Whizz board? I haven't been able to get a post on there for a long time. Is it broke, or did I get banned?

SDH...I don't know what you meant by "loose". You are the one who posted it, you don't know? I though it was midwestern slang for "kick Husker ass".
09-12-03 10:22 AM
stonedinaustralia SS - i noticed your sex pistols post and the hosts response just "disappeared"

i'll have to put up something to see if it's working and (co?)-incidentally nasty has been quiet around here (last heard passing comments on aerosmith - of all people!!)...but i don't like to seem like a worrier

maybe i should buy a record or two off of him or maybe he finally landed that big gig with "mojo" and now he only lurks around here to steal material (just like his ideal, bob dylan)...there, that ought to rattle his cage...

see you there PB...

nasty, are you out there??
09-12-03 10:23 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I though it was midwestern slang for "kick Husker ass".

I don't understand what "I though it was"

That sentence you posted doesn't sound right.

Ah, the Little Bitch got Soooooooul...
09-12-03 10:26 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hey, you are right...my Pistols post IS gone!

I don't think he's mad at me....he sent me the 1st Senor Soul Subscription Service...and I didn't subscribe yet.

I think the board crashed.
09-12-03 10:28 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

I think the board crashed.

that's the feeling i get
09-12-03 10:32 AM
Sir Stonesalot > I'll be watching Penn State loose too btw<

That is what you posted.

It didn't make any sense, so I just assumed that the word "loose" was midwestern slang for "kick Husker ass". Like, "we are gonna get loose on them, and kick our opponents in the posterior".

Don't worry about it, the joke went over your head. But then again, fart jokes go over your head.
09-12-03 01:40 PM
Martha Great contest SS, as usual. The compilation sounds juicy.

Put me down for 69, too. Sounds like a good number to me...lol!
09-12-03 02:21 PM
FPM C10 Well, I've already heard the fuckin' disk - it, or its fuckin' counterpart, has been a fuckin' staple on fuckin' roadtrips with that fucker SS for some fuckin' time. We fuckin' listened to it on the fuckin' way to the fuckin' Pistols show, fer fuck's sake, but I did NOT fuckin' count the fuckin' fucks. Fuck ME!

I'll guess 900. I prayed over the question, and received a vision of a 900-foot tall Jesus, and verily did he say unto me: "It's 900, fuckhead!"
09-12-03 02:42 PM
Factory Girl Hey, F/ing FPM! I don't want to interfere with your bizarro semi-philosophical rant.

However, my qustion to you is- have you seen the movies Quills and Astronaut's wife. What are your thoughts? TIA!
09-12-03 03:32 PM
Sir Stonesalot A mere 90 minutes is all you have left!!!

Make yer guess and take yer chances!!!

Fuckers!
09-12-03 03:32 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hey, F/ing FPM! I don't want to interfere with your bizarro semi-philosophical rant.

However, my qustion to you is- have you seen the movies Quills and Astronaut's wife. What are your thoughts? TIA!

The 900 Foot Jesus thing is a reference to Oral Roberts, who said he saw a 900-ft tall Jesus who showed him where to build a hospital. Later there was a musical entity known as DJ 900 Foot Jesus. I just always liked that. How could you look at a giant jesus and know he was exactly 900 feet tall? I guess that's where FAITH comes in.

Later Oral told his TV suckers, er, viewers, that Gawd hisself was going to KILL Oral if he didn't raise 3 million dollars by the end of the month. Luckily, his flock ponied up the cash, and Oral lived to grift another day.

ANYWAY - I didn't like either one of those movies too much. I far preferred the portrayal of de Sade in "Marat/Sade"; the de Sade in "Quills" is a little too cuddly for me...actually if you're interested in de Sade, watch "Salo", Pasolini's version of "120 Days of Sodom"...that should sate your curiosity...

...and um, actually I don't remember much about the Astronaut's Wife except that Johnny Depp is in it, so maybe I DID like that one. Still, that one he's in NOW with Antonio Banderas looks AWFUL. He's not 900 feet tall, y'know.

What did YOU think of them?

I highly recommend "Bowling For Columbine".
09-12-03 03:42 PM
Joey

Fleabit .............................................

Has anyone ever mentioned to you that you kinda resemble John Entwistle ( circa 2002 , June ) ???????????????

Well ?!?!?!?!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJERCEE !

The Jercee !
09-12-03 03:46 PM
Factory Girl FPM, I haven't wathched either yet. Perhaps, I'll exchange Astronaut for Devil's Advocate.

You should check out Basketball Diaries. I just bought the dvd.

Let me digress about De Sade-I was buying Quills and Best Buy, and the BB clerk (20 year old girl) started talking to me about DeSade and Quills.

Clerk: "Oh, You like De Sade?"

I: "I do like De Sade. You should read his writings, like 'Philosophy in the Bedroom'. Or, just get his Complete Works from the library."

Clerk: "Thanks for the recommendation. I'll just buy it at Borders."

I was just amused by this. I hope I'm not corrupting the youth.

09-12-03 03:48 PM
Factory Girl Joey, shouldn't you be doing weird things with your liver now???
09-12-03 04:01 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I was buying Quills and Best Buy, and the BB clerk (20 year old girl) started talking to me about DeSade and Quills.

Clerk: "Oh, You like De Sade?"

I: "I do like De Sade. You should read his writings, like 'Philosophy in the Bedroom'. Or, just get his Complete Works from the library."

Clerk: "Thanks for the recommendation. I'll just buy it at Borders."

I was just amused by this. I hope I'm not corrupting the youth.

Geez, that is kinda....HOT. If the clerk had been a boy, he would've been in the stockroom flogging his nether regions within ten minutes of your conversation. But the fact that it was a GIRL...hmmmm....gotta go to the stockroom. Be back in ten minutes.
09-12-03 05:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK Fuckers...this contest is DONE!!!

One person got VERY close...only 9 F-Bombs off the correct number.

The correct numbers go like this:

1) Fuck You-Dig-8
2) Bodies(live)-Sex Pistols-7
3) Bottle Of Smoke-The Pogues-15
4) Attitude-G N R-7
5) Closer-NIN-4
6) Dance Motherfucker Dance-The Violent Femmes-26
7) Fuck This Town-Robbie Fulks-13
8) Sexy Motherfucker-Prince-31
9) Pigs In Zen-Jane's Addiction-2
10) Nothing-Reel Big Fish-18
11) Irresponsible Hate Anthem-Marilyn Manson-19
12) The City With Two Faces-Goldfinger-11
13) Space Is The Place-Spacehog-2
14) You Got It-Mudhoney-1
15) Bad Habit-Offspring-3
16) Starfucker-Stones-61
17) Rock Star-Hole-4
18) Don't Fuck Me Up-Cracker-16
19) Stagger Lee-Nick Cave-10
20) What I Got-Sublime-2
21) Repoman-Iggy-2
22) Mudhead-Supersuckers-5

Total F-Bombs-268

Congrats Keithrichards210, you got within 25 F-Bombs! You are the winner. I will need your mailing addy...so PM me here at the board and I'll ship it out soonest.

Now, since someone got within 25, according to the contest rules, I don't have to give out discs to anyone else. KR210 busted the curve, so to speak. But being the cool, kind, and overly generous person that I am, I will also pay out to dealer squealing, Jeremy Beadles Hand, L&A, and jumacfly...they all guessed in the 200's. So you guys all need to PM me your mailing addresses too.

And now you all know how many F-Bombs are in Starfucker.

Take THAT trivia heads!

Congrats to the winners, and thanks for playing to those who didn't win. Hope you all got a giggle out of it.

Congrat
09-12-03 05:51 PM
Martha So who the fuck won the fuckin' Fuck compilation CD?

I need to fuckin' know, motherfucker.
09-12-03 06:38 PM
glencar 99 times
09-12-03 07:04 PM
KeithRichards210 Holy fuck, I fuckin' won the fuckin' contest! Talk about fuckin' luck!

That'll never fuckin' happen again...
But I must say I'm looking forward to my fuckin' prize...I fuckin' thank you!
KR Fuckin' 210

09-13-03 12:32 AM
FPM C10
quote:
KeithRichards210 wrote:
Holy fuck, I fuckin' won the fuckin' contest! Talk about fuckin' luck!

KR Fuckin' 210

Congratufuckinlations!
09-13-03 12:53 AM
parmeda
quote:
KeithRichards210 wrote:
Holy fuck, I fuckin' won the fuckin' contest! Talk about fuckin' luck!

That'll never fuckin' happen again...
But I must say I'm looking forward to my fuckin' prize...I fuckin' thank you!
KR Fuckin' 210

LOL! Congrats, you Fucker!

Hey SS! *bat-bat-bat-bat-bat-WINK*
What would it take to GET "fucked" from you? lmFUCKINGao
09-13-03 10:40 AM
Martha Well I still like the number 69....so I consider myself a "winner" anyway...motherfucker.

This little contest was great fun, just when we needed a break from the sad losses of late. :-)

Thanks Stonesy, you are the BEST!!!

Fuck Yup!

Love ya,
Martha Mellencamp

P.S. Did I mention that Johnny was wearing the same outfit at Farm Aid that he had worn the night we met, back in the day? White short sleeve t-shirt and blue jeans. I think he wore that to let me know he was thinking of me since he was unable to see me before the show. It was a very busy day...afterall.
09-13-03 10:55 AM
mac_daddy nice compilation, ssa.

if you are down with more trading, send me an email - I have more dylan than you can shake a stick at right now...
09-13-03 03:01 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:
P.S. Did I mention that Johnny was wearing the same outfit at Farm Aid that he had worn the night we met, back in the day? White short sleeve t-shirt and blue jeans. I think he wore that to let me know he was thinking of me since he was unable to see me before the show. It was a very busy day...afterall.

My Dear Martha (not to be confused w/Martha My Dear who is ALSO a dear): Of course I thought of YOU yesterday, and of the thoughtful gift you once gave me - but I must admit that if you have already shared the story of meeting Johnny Cash with the class, I was absent that day. Could you please tell us about it in more detail?

Cardinal Fang ALSO met Johnny Cash. I find the idea of meeting Johnny Cash akin to the notion of meeting Paul Bunyan - a MUCH larger-than-life chunk of pure America. So great that somebody MUST'VE made him up.

I've been listening to him all day.

Who else could have walked into San Quentin and sung "San Quentin" :

San Quentin, you've been livin' hell to me
You've hosted me since nineteen sixty three
I've seen 'em come and go and I've seen them die
And long ago I stopped askin' why

San Quentin, I hate every inch of you.
You've cut me and have scarred me thru an' thru.
And I'll walk out a wiser weaker man;
Mister Congressman why can't you understand.

San Quentin, what good do you think you do?
Do you think I'll be different when you're through?
You bent my heart and mind and you may my soul,
And your stone walls turn my blood a little cold.

San Quentin, may you rot and burn in hell.
May your walls fall and may I live to tell.
May all the world forget you ever stood.
And may all the world regret you did no good.

San Quentin, you've been livin' hell to me.

Who else could've done it, who could've possibly bridged the gap between the Inside and the Outside? NOBODY. He held (and deserved) the utter respect of EVERYONE. The warden evidently respected him enough to allow this harsh piece of reality to be performed INSIDE the walls, and the inmates respected him for speaking for THEM when nobody else would.

He also performed the uproarious "Cocaine Blues" which drew cheers every time the "hero" took a shot of cocaine or "shot that bad bitch down".

It was his two (recorded) prison concerts which made me (and everyone else who already didn't) realize that he was MUCH more than just a country singer, or even just a singer. He was a holy man of some sort, I guess, a prophet or a sage or a seer. Anyone who has read my comments on the "guru" thread knows I am NOT a Christian, but Johnny's beliefs have my complete and utter respect. If there were more Christians like HIM - who put more emphasis on walking the walk than talking the talk - our "Christian" country might not be going down the tubes right now.

Ah hell, we didn't need this. Another desperately sad example of a loss that can never be recouped, of the truly great America that once was fading into memory only to be replaced by counterfeits and frauds.

Sorry that I've slipped into melancholia again. Been doing it all day. I'm sure SOMETHING good is happening SOMEWHERE.

Anyway, Martha - please tell me about meeting Johnny Cash.
09-14-03 01:34 AM
FPM C10 Jeez - I gotta get more sleep. Obviously Martha was talking about her better half, John Mellencamp, and not Johnny Cash. Then I write a buncha stuff that shoulda been in a different thread.

Nevermind!
09-14-03 06:33 AM
L&A YYYYEEEESSSSSSSS !
Thank you, Sir Stonesalot, check your f*°"ing PM
Page: 1 2