ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hitler's favorite filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl dead at 101 (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
09-10-03 01:16 PM
Mother baby Well, I wouldn't worry about her too much, Nazism is long dead....but fascism is still alive and well unfortunately.
09-10-03 01:17 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Joey wrote:
We Americans killed Four Million Vietnamese in a losing effort ...............Thus , we are better than the Germans because they killed Six Million Jews in a losing effort ( not to mention Twenty Million Russians , tons of Poles and Fins , a couple of Czechs here and there , etc ...... )

JACKY !

haha, I think you forgot 6 million German citizens in the winter of 45-46, who where dying of cold, and didn't have anything to eat
[Edited by Moonisup]
09-10-03 01:20 PM
Mother baby Yeah Moon, that one got swept under the rug.
09-10-03 01:29 PM
jb I am no Bush supporter, but to compare the liberation of a nation from a dictator like Sadaam to what this piece of scum did to promote and glorify Nazism is quite appalling.
09-10-03 01:51 PM
Maxlugar HANG MAXY????

I've already been hung!

Well hung.

I'm well hung!

LOL!!!

YES!

(He's still got it!)

MACKY!!!
09-10-03 01:56 PM
jb Is that political board still around Max.?
09-10-03 02:00 PM
sirmoonie Yeah, she was obviously a high energy, talented person who apparently had unbounded optimism. But it was to her detriment in many ways. From what I've read she never apologized (in fact wondered why she was being asked to) and her explanations for her actions are straight out of the standard German post-war excuse playbook - I was unaware of events happening right in front of my face, Hitler was so mesmerizing he could convince anyone of anything, blah blah. I know we are all supposed to buy this crap now, but she was right in the mix.

I don't think it makes any sense to compare her to the Werner V. et al. The fact that they were never held accountable either doesn't make her shortcomings any less noticeable. She made a lot of bad decisions and I don't think she ever cared one way or the other despite having had way longer than most people to reflect on it all.

But I apologize for my over the top posting. Top o' post.

I will get all wehrmachted and uberstincken on Beck's tonight as repentance.

Muckie!

Mongo!
09-10-03 02:04 PM
Moonisup "I will get all wehrmachted and uberstincken on Beck's tonight as repentance"

good idea, I will do that with Amstel, watching a soccer game
09-10-03 02:05 PM
jb Moonie, you were , in the words of Howard Cosell, "telling it like it is'...It amazes me how people want to pay tribute to someone who was directly involved in glorifying the most despicable movement to ever exist on the face of the planet. Who cares if she was a great artist, so was John Gacey for that matter(mostly mordern clown art).
[Edited by jb]
09-10-03 02:15 PM
sirmoonie Josh, I think Maxwell may be German but he keeps it well hidden. He's no dummy. He knows which side of the bed the vaseline is on.
09-10-03 02:16 PM
Factory Girl moonie< i need legal advise. May I PM you?
09-10-03 02:21 PM
jb Did I already state that my neighbor is the former #3 women's tennis player in the world Hanna mandilokova?
09-10-03 02:23 PM
sirmoonie Go ahead FG.
09-10-03 02:27 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
I am no Bush supporter, but to compare the liberation of a nation from a dictator like Sadaam to what this piece of scum did to promote and glorify Nazism is quite appalling.

Well, Josh, I DID say "I'm not comparing Bush to Hitler" to preface my statement, so I guess you're only seeing what you want to see. My point was how far down from the top the blame goes. Does it stretch from Hitler all the way down to the guy who cleaned toilets at the Reichstag? Should every single German and Rumanian and Italian have been executed after the war?

The crimes Bush is guilty of are lesser in scope and severity, but are crimes nonetheless. Will blame go all the way down to the people who trusted him?

I never said Leni R was a great PERSON, I said she was a great FILM-MAKER. I think a lot of the issues that were stirred up here were interesting, to say the least. And I didn't know there was a connection to the Stones!

Referring to the invasion of Iraq as "the liberation of a nation" at this late date is naive. Reminds me of that time the Nazis "liberated" Stalingrad.
09-10-03 02:32 PM
jb I understand you position.
09-10-03 02:39 PM
Joey

Fleabit ..................

Are we winning the " Hearts and Minds " of the people of Iraq ?

Is " Iraqization " the same as " Vietnamization " ?

Did North Vietnam EVER intend to let a Peace Treaty separate the North and the South ?

Will there be a Draft ?

Shall I call this hot little blonde Minky whose phone number I picked up Friday Evening ?

Shall I drink Stoney's Ball Custard if the Huskers lose to the Nittany ( Sic ) Lions this weekend ? Shiver .......................................

Please ................I's justs gots to knows what you's thinks .

Developing ....................................

" Tie me up and call Me Fredo Ronnie "

Jercee !
09-10-03 02:43 PM
sirmoonie I wonder if the guy who cleaned Hitler's toilet was able to find work again after he was released by the Allies?
09-10-03 02:51 PM
jb Regrettably, the war on terror showed that our only true friends are England and Israel. The Germans and French are not even helping us with post war Iraq b/c of their oil interests.
Also, did you know that saudi Arabia today announced the banning of Jewish Barbie dolls....
09-10-03 02:52 PM
Joey " The Germans and French are not even helping us with post war Iraq b/c of their oil interests. "

Josh , have you ever had a " Pierced Hood " ??????

Developing ...........................

Snarky !
09-10-03 03:04 PM
jb Yes...but watch out for the Neosporum early on.
09-10-03 03:06 PM
Joey " Yes...but watch out for the Neosporum early on. "

Bless You my Israel loving Brother .

You are much loved by the Jercee !

Jercee !
09-10-03 03:09 PM
jb Weare part of SS's 3/4th's of posters he would rahter have dinner with than Howard Stern and Richard belzer(both Jews).
09-10-03 03:09 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
jb wrote:
Is that political board still around Max.?

Here it is,

http://www.dushkin.com/discussions/wp/index.html
09-10-03 03:12 PM
jb Thanks SDH,,,,and thanks for removing the picture of that jew hating bitch.
09-10-03 03:19 PM
steel driving hammer Your welcome my Padaone...
09-10-03 03:27 PM
Factory Girl moonie, check your pm.
09-10-03 04:30 PM
nankerphelge Wait a second!

I could be hanged for supporting my President?

That seems a bit harsh considering he was right.

But even if he wasn't, doesn't that kind of go against the "tolerant" left view of the world???

And who exactly is gonna do this hanging?

I'd hate to start fucking up anyone carrying a rope...

09-10-03 04:32 PM
jb If anyone knows the lyrics to the theme from "Pokemon" I would appreciate it....
09-10-03 04:34 PM
Joey " If anyone knows the lyrics to the theme from "Pokemon" I would appreciate it.... "

Yesterday - well it seemed so cool
When I walked you home, kissed goodnight
I said "it's love" you said "all right"
It's funny how I could never cry
Until tonight and you pass by
Hand in hand with another guy
You're dressed to kill and guess who's dying?
Dance away the heartache
Dance away the tears
- Dance away
Loneliness is a crowded room
Full of open hearts turned to stone
All together all alone
All at once my whole world had changed
Now I'm in the dark, off the wall
Let the strobe light up them all
I close my eyes and dance till dawn
- Dance away
Now I know I must walk the line
Until I find an open door
There was I - many times a fool
I hope and pray, but not too much
Out of reach is out of touch
All the way is far enough
- Dance away

The Joey !

09-10-03 06:07 PM
throbby What I want to know is how often JC talks to GWB?
Page: 1 2 3