ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey you musicians!! Return to archive
09-09-03 11:34 AM
Jumacfly Hi my friends

well, i d like to know if any of you are musicians??
i ask this question coz nowadays my band and I are recording our first release.
our band is called Gecko, and we plan to record five songs...our style is a kind of pop rock mixed with dub and nice ballads ( the best way to connect kath and jb!! lol !)
so, if you are musicians tell me and let s share our music!

Cheers
JU
09-09-03 06:56 PM
stewed & Keefed Play drums,keyboard and blues harp...but not in a band now,but my sons are... check them out... www.thegilttrip.com
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
09-09-03 07:05 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I play bass, piano, a little guitar and sing in a five-man-wrecking-machine known as The Thames. Our first full-length appearance will be coming this November - if all goes well, we'll record it and do an MC5-type deal, putting out a live album first. We're pretty rockin', 'cept for the drummer, who plays a lot like Ringo Starr. He can keep some semblance of time, though, which is good enough. It just means no Who covers.

Unless we want to cover something from Face Dances or It's Hard.

*shudder*.

-tSYX --- It's very very very very hard...
09-10-03 04:29 AM
Zeeta
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
The Thames. *shudder*.

-tSYX --- It's very very very very hard...

Good name mate!

I play guitar - me and m brother play together fairly well, blues stuff a la Keith and Ronnie's warm up room but obviously not as good!
09-10-03 05:06 AM
Jumacfly thanks for replying boys!
we finished the recording last night...now we re very happy of the result and gonna mix it this week end....
i ll let you know of course!
Anyway have you got flyers, posters or even t shirts of your bands??
09-10-03 07:32 AM
stonedinaustralia hey ju - sorry to take so long to respond but it's a long story - to make it short i play guitar and piano (or keyboards if you want) - i "sort of" know my way around a sax but i've never owned one to properly get into it and i understand cross keys harmonica

i write songs too ('tho my output has been decreasing relative to the passge of time - it's hard, these days, to find something worth getting worked up enough about to write a song about - just what the world needs, more than another book, another song (smiley face with air of bemused resignation)

while i still play in the privacy of my own home it's been a few (like 6) years since i played a show

i am still working on my reggae/country/funk band hybrid - think shitloads of wah wah pedal a la (like my spanish - mon frere!!) peter tosh, fingerprint file and through the lonely nights - i wanna do a wah wah version of "lost highway" - you know, "i'm a rolling stone, all alone and lost..." (wait til you hear my ideas for the video!!)

and then there's my "computer" music - i have a work called "keith richards was involved in a car crash" - i have this tape of a news broadcast from the uk (the BBC?) -with the early morning news of keith's "mishap" in '76 - it's a female newsreader and she sounds good, she says:

"keith richards was involved in car crash in newport pagnelle in buckinghamshire today

he was thought to be returning from london following last nights stone's concert in stafford - his bentley car left th road and crashed into a field - (there's more but it costs) on the disc it sounds kinda like this -

he was thought to be returning from london following last nights stone's concert in stafford in stafford in stafford in stafford he was thought to be returning he was thought to be returning...he was thought to be returning following last nights stone's concert in stafford his bentley car left the road and crashed into a field in stafford in stafford - keith richards was involved in car crash in newport pagnelle in buckinghamshire today his bentley car left the road his bentley car left the road his bentley car left the road and crashed into a field

if only he hadn't been driving a "bent"ley car...

well, you get the idea - hard to put it into words - it's all overdubbed on itself and for music i have a couple of samples from the performance soundtrack with a nice clash harmonica lick - it's armageddeon (sp?) time - that's why i've finally turned to the visual arts - i paint more than anything these days - i'm attracted to the shiny colours...

anyway ju, i'd like to hear your work, can you send me an email file so that i can burn it and hear it??

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
09-10-03 09:01 AM
padre I play guitar and sing in a group called Saltwater Jinx. The genre is roots; mainly acoustic instruments (dobro, harmonica, mandolin, suitcase drums, etc) doing blues, country and rock and a roll. With attitude!
09-10-03 10:50 AM
Jumacfly SIA, everybody, have you got records of your different bands??
i thought we could make a tree, just for fun!!
SIA: be sure i ll send you a copy as soon as we burn the cd!
09-10-03 01:24 PM
padre I suggested a record of Stones covers done by bands/players hanging in this board a few months back but it didn't interest that many people... I still think it would be a great idea. The album would be a classic! Or interesting at least.
09-10-03 01:43 PM
jb Flute
09-10-03 01:48 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
jb wrote:
Flute

Skin, I suppose?