ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Belzer and Stern praise Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-09-03 10:16 PM
BILL PERKS WOODY WAS ON TO PROMOTE SLIDE ON THIS;FRED HAS THE BEST JOB IN AMERICA;PLAYING SOUNDEFFECTS THAT ARE HILARIOUS.HOW MUCH YOU THINK BABA BOOEY MAKES?HE STILL DOES CHEESY APPEARANCES WHERE HE GETS ABUSED.JACKIE WAS GREAT BUT ARTIE HAS MADE ME FORGET HIM.KC IS A HOMO.
09-10-03 02:11 AM
gypsy I guess Jackie couldn't take all that teasing that they do back and forth...which does get pretty freakin' harsh! I know he lost his cool many times...but I guess it got to be too much for him. Fred has lost his cool several times as well, and has threatened to leave the show.
Thanks for the Fred info, Lux...I thought he'd be really cool and funny in person...guess not...gawd, shiny pants?! Ugh!
09-10-03 07:34 AM
Maxlugar Jackie was an intregal part of the Howard Stern show and is incredibly missed.

But you are all missing the biggest loss that show suffered even before that: Billy West.

Never in the history of mankind has their been a funnier act then when he was there with Jackie and Fred.

Stern is a major douche and Artie is not helping.

I am glad to hear he now gives the Stones their due though.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Word to yer MACKY!

[Edited by Maxlugar]
09-10-03 12:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot WTF?

So now everyone give props and much love to the Rolling Stones? Is it "cool" to pretend to dig the Stones? Are the Stones now some kind of fashion statement? When is the MTV "Icons" gig?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that noise.

IMO, the last thing we need is a bunch of fair weather celeb fans. It's a fuckin' insult to those of us that sweat, bleed, breathe, ejaculate Stones. Richard Belzer and Howard Stern ain't shit. So Belzer was "astounded" at how good the Stones are? Fuck him. We have all known for DECADES how good the Stones are. We are "astounded" when they aren't that good! Those guys are just name dropping to show how "down" they are with the whole "retro" and "vintage" thing. You think either one of those fucks had to buy a ticket? Do you think they would have gone to see the Stones if they DID actually have to buy the tickets? Hell no they would not gone. Fuck them and the limo they rode in on. They went to see the Stones because it makes them look good.

Maxy & I are 10 times better people than those 2 clowns. Hell, 3/4ths of the people who post on this board are better people than Belzer and Stern. If it was up to me whether to invite Nasty Habits or Howard Stern to my place for dinner...Nasty would win EVERY time. He's much more interesting.

Fred, on the other hand, is one of us. Ever see those posts on SFJ by Fred "Stray Cat" Norris? I rest my case.
09-10-03 01:09 PM
Joey

***** DATELINE SEPTEMBER 13TH -- MEMORIAL STADIUM -- LINCOLN , NEBRASKA ********

Final Score :

Nebraska 28 , Penn State 13

YES !!!!!!!!

Bunny !
09-10-03 02:23 PM
Mother baby [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>IMO, the last thing we need is a bunch of fair weather celeb fans. It's a fuckin' insult to those of us that sweat, bleed, breathe, ejaculate Stones.<

Well it looks like ya'll were ahead of the curve. Consider it a compliment and give yourself a toast.

[Edited by Mother baby]
09-10-03 03:01 PM
gypsy I agree with you, SS. I'm all like, "get off of Belzer's and Stern's nutsacks already." I mean, they're both idiots anyways...and why should we value their opinions?
Did you notice how Joey jumped right on the bandwagon? Typical.
09-10-03 03:03 PM
jb SS, am I one of the 3/4ths "better" people?
09-10-03 03:05 PM
telecaster Which pro wrestler dumped Belzer on his head on Letterman?

Was it Jesse Ventura? Hulk Hogan?

09-10-03 03:07 PM
Joey " Did you notice how Joey jumped right on the bandwagon? Typical. "

You make Joey sad .
09-10-03 03:10 PM
gypsy SS is the man...gotta kiss his ass, y'know.
Joey " SS is the man...gotta kiss his ass, y'know. "

You make Joey shave Ball Sac !

jb Hulk Hogan..legal action ensued.
09-10-03 03:46 PM
Joey " Hulk Hogan..legal action ensued. "

{ ? }
09-10-03 03:53 PM
jb He piled drived Belzer in a wrestling demo on some talk show and really hurt him...
09-10-03 04:19 PM
luxury1 SS--do you really think that is Fred Stern SHow Norris on SFJ?? I asked him once via email, but got no reply. I always wondered.
09-10-03 04:34 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ahead of the curve?

Yeah, well said.

Well, the rest of them COULD have been ahead of the curve too....except they were too busy making easy jokes about wrinkles and cockroaches.

I've said this before and I'm sticking too it. Stones fans like you find here on this board are a very rare breed. We know what from what. Our common bond is the dirty little secret known as the Rolling Stones.

I don't want just anybody thinking that they can buy an album or two, see a show and think that they can invade our little society. Bullshit. I'm a selfish bastard. I don't want to share with just anyone. To be a real fan takes some work, effort, dedication. You gotta spend money you don't have. You gotta do road trips. You gotta make time.

Stern and Belzer do nothing more than pay lip service because it is cool to do so right now. They'll also be the first ones ripping on them when the boys fall out of favor again.

Gypsy....while the thought of you kissing my ass is appealing, and interesting...I'd rather have you kissing me on the other side.

Joey...it won't even be that close. The Lions are a major disappointment. They might be decent next year...but this year is gonna be a long one. As much as I hate to say it, Joepa needs to retire.
09-10-03 04:36 PM
Joey " I've said this before and I'm sticking too it. Stones fans like you find here on this board are a very rare breed. We know what from what. Our common bond is the dirty little secret known as the Rolling Stones. "

Agreed Stoney !

Ours is a secret society . Undercover of the night we are ! Hug Me .

Jacky !
09-10-03 08:05 PM
purrcafe Howard's opinions change to suit the content of his show, but Belzer has been a Stones fan from way, way back. Anyone remember his appearance on Saturday Night Live back in the late 70s? He did a dead on Jagger impersonation.

A Baba-Booey to y'all!
09-10-03 09:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK, so Belzer has been a fan for a long time....so why then should he be so "astounded" that the Stones are so good? If he is such a big fan, shouldn't he EXPECT that the Stones are that good?

So what is up wit dat?
09-10-03 10:13 PM
steel driving hammer God I love the Stones SS.

I listen to other shit on the radio and 99.8% just puts me in a bad mood.

I need the Stones like a rose needs rain water!

I need the Stones like Keith needs a cigarette!

I need the Stones like Mick needs runway!

I need the Stones like Charlie needs to be alone!

I need the Stones like Ronnie needs a drink!

And still, it ain't enough for me.

Turn it up.
09-10-03 10:15 PM
steel driving hammer Fucking love em' man.
09-10-03 10:32 PM
BILL PERKS BILLY WEST WAS KING-I STILL MISS HIM TERRIBLY;HE'S GONE ON TO BETTER AND HIGHER PAYING GIGS,BUT THE SHOW HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME SINCE HE LEFT.
09-10-03 11:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot I miss Hank.

And yeah, Luxy...I think it's the same Fred.
09-11-03 06:58 AM
luxury1 Oh god, Hank. I forgot about him. He was funny as shit, --remember his hold on music trivia? I think he could beat Gary, couldn't he?--even when drunk outta his little mind.
09-11-03 07:34 AM
Maxlugar We truly are better than the rest of the people alive.

And us Dirty Work fans are just a little bit better than that.

So I feel much better than most today.

Plus I got great posting skills. "Game", if you will.

I got "Game"

Or "Skills", as my brothers on the court would say.

Anyway, um....

MAXY!!!!
09-12-03 11:22 PM
BILL PERKS HANK DIED LOVING DIRTY WORK..RIP HANK!
09-13-03 01:29 AM
sammy davis jr. Belzer is a very UGLY man.
Page: 1 2