ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Belzer and Stern praise Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-09-03 10:36 AM
sandrew Was listening to Howard Stern on the way into work this morning, and Richard Belzer was singing the praises of the Stones, saying he caught the show at Twickenham and was "astounded" at how good they are.

The Belz must be a hard-core fan, 'cause he knew all about the upcoming DVD release, too.

Howard Stern, and Artie, too, were in complete agreement with Belz ... Although, I always get the sense from Stern that monetary success is his only standard for whether a band, actor, comedian is "succeeding."

Stern did, however, mention that Jagger was in "top condition."
09-09-03 10:43 AM
jb Nice for a change..I stopped listening to him when he constantly bashed Mick and the boys..he is a huge Beatles fan and I couldn't take it....I think his stance on the Stones has mellowed over the years.
Whatever happened to jackie the joke man?
09-09-03 11:18 AM
Joey " Whatever happened to jackie the joke man? "

Got fired !

Howard Stern loves the Stones because his gorgeous new model girlfriend is a big fan of Mick Jagger . I believe that Maxy actually saw Howard at the Giants Stadium Stones' gig .

Yes , his girlfriend is Jewish .

Joey !

09-09-03 11:19 AM
jb How come Jackie got fired...weren't they together for many years?
09-09-03 11:23 AM
Joey " How come Jackie got fired...weren't they together for many years? "

Jackie wouldn't back down on his salary demands .

Either that or they were competing for the same girlfriend .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJercee !

09-09-03 11:23 AM
sandrew Jackie tried to hold out for more money, when he was making roughly a million dollars a year. He got greedy, and Stern offloaded him.

Artie Lang is far funnier, and the show's better off without the Jokeman.

Stern mentioned he was in the front row at Giants Stadium...
09-09-03 11:27 AM
jb You know, I will make around 600k this year and it really does not seem like a lot of money. I think Jackie deserved more thana million...he wrote all of the material and took a lot of abuse from big nose.
[Edited by jb]
09-09-03 11:41 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
You know, I will make around 600k this year and it really does not seem like a lot of money. I think Jackie deserved more thana million...he wrote all of the material and took a lot of abuse from big nose.
[Edited by jb]

jb I might be in your tax bracket soon. I am putting the finishing touches on my "At Home Laser Eye Surgery Kit"
which I think will be a huge success

Last week I heard Stern say the Stones are the best band ever
09-09-03 11:47 AM
jb LOL Tele...how is the recruiting business these days? My brotherinlaw went from 250-300k yearly to about 75k...the big corps just aren't hiring....I try not to make fun of him, but it's hard.
09-09-03 11:48 AM
purrcafe Jackie didn't necessarily get fired. He walked off the show (for the second time), and instead of pursuing him (again) Howard chose to replace him. Jackie's was probably the worst career move in the entire history of employment, which is too bad, 'cause he was pretty damn funny.
09-09-03 11:50 AM
jb Next to Mick Taylor's.
09-09-03 11:52 AM
nankerphelge At home laser eye surgery!

Make sure your directions are crystal clear tho -- knowing my luck, I'd get those IKEA type drawings with no words.
Just a picture of a guy, standing in front of a mirror, with the laser, and an arrow pointing towards his eye.

09-09-03 11:53 AM
jb pANU EYE INSTITUTE.
09-09-03 11:59 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Next to Mick Taylor's.

Worse than McClain Stevenson?

Recruiting blows donkey dicks jb. It is picking up however
09-09-03 12:03 PM
Joey

Well , he COULD pull a Patrick Duffy and come back to the show ...........................Just say Artie's tenure was all a bad dream .

Jackie did write some pretty funny stuff for the skits and for Howard to ask his guests . Based on that fact alone he is sorely missed by many of Stern's fans.
09-09-03 12:06 PM
jb He played "Uncle Funnys" down here.....
09-09-03 12:11 PM
Joey " He played "Uncle Funnys" down here..... "

Where ?!?!?! At Mizner Park Amphitheatre ?!?!?!

WHAT ?!?!?!?! Oh , sure , Here ya go :

Take I-95 or Florida Turnpike to the Glades Road exit. Head East to Federal Highway. Make a right. Amphitheatre is on the left.

Jercee !

09-09-03 12:15 PM
jb Joey, the "hot" new area down here is "City Place" located in downtown West Palm Beach.
09-09-03 12:25 PM
Joey " Joey, the "hot" new area down here is "City Place" located in downtown West Palm Beach. "

Is it a bar / restaurant / club / venue ???????????

Not a " Gay Club " I hope ???????
09-09-03 12:29 PM
jb It is comprised of upscale shopping areas, a few clubs, and a lot of restaurants....get off on Okeechoobee east and I-95 and proceed 2 miles east...you can't miss it.
09-09-03 12:41 PM
Joey " get off on Okeechoobee east and I-95 and proceed 2 miles east...you can't miss it. "

If they got a " Charlestons " I am there my Brother .

Jacimbo !

09-09-03 12:47 PM
jb They have a "Cheesecake factory" and Bannana republic
09-09-03 12:51 PM
Joey They have a "Cheesecake factory"

You make Joey giddy !
09-09-03 12:57 PM
gypsy I wondered what happened to Jackie. What an idiot for leaving. Artie is pretty damn funny...as is Fred...I have a crush on Fred...even though he is a dork.

jb, my mom lives in Sarasota. Maybe Joey can come down here to OK, and then we'll head to FL.
09-09-03 01:14 PM
Joey " Maybe Joey can come down here to OK, and then we'll head to FL. "

That's a great idea ...............the " Rainy Season " is almost over .

09-09-03 01:52 PM
Boomy Which Stone has been on Stern's show? Was it Ronnie or Keith?
09-09-03 02:10 PM
telecaster
quote:
Boomy wrote:
Which Stone has been on Stern's show? Was it Ronnie or Keith?

Mick Taylor was on. Stern was blasting him for leaving
09-09-03 02:15 PM
Boomy Ok, thanks for the answer. I've never heard his radio show because it is not played here. I'm thinking because of how conservative Indiana is they don't play his show. But I have seen the shows on E!...and I don't really like it.

[Edited by Boomy]
09-09-03 02:51 PM
luxury1 Gypsy---I saw Fred's band in VT last year. THey opened with Dead Flowers!! Fred is a good singer/guitarist. They did a couple more Stones songs and some Rod Stewart, Stevie Ray ZZ Topp, etc I forget!!. I enjoyed them immensely and danced all night. I even talked to Fred, and yes, he is a dork. You shoulda seen the stupid shiny pants and shirt he had on--his "fancy stage clothes"--yewwwww.
I like Artie--more of a sad sack than Jackie--Jackie tried to be high and mighty. However, I think they were both good at working with Howard.
Remember the fan song parody that won??-- "THree Blind MIce" to "Jackie is a ...."--what was it?? Every time they played that stupid song I had tears rolling down my face.
09-09-03 02:52 PM
luxury1 Oh yeah--Max was yelling out to Howard--"where's Allison?" at Giants!
Page: 1 2