ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glasgow. SECC Arena - 3 September - Setlist , pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-04-03 09:49 AM
nankerphelge IORR reporting that Keith kissed Ronnie on the lips on the way to the B stage!

A little dig at Madonna & the pussycats maybe?

Must have been hysterical!!

09-04-03 12:29 PM
Gazza >Hey Gazza--WAKE UP. We need a review.

er no,I dont think so,Luxy! I think youve done ok getting three or four setlist updates during the show plus the soundcheck!! I do go to the shows primarily for my own enjoyment after all and have a life outside this board, y'know!! I dont carry a computer with me when I'm on the road (which I was why I phone or text in setlists) and today I had to fly home, so I'm afraid reviews have to wait a while. Texting a full review would be far too time consuming!

Anyway, I'm starting to run out of superlatives for these UK shows. Five crackers in a row,and this was one of the best yet. Monday night was a very good,solid show but this one definitely had the edge in every way. I figured something special was up when I'd heard that Keith had soundchecked "you win again" (the fact he played it twice suggests he's intending to treat us to it at some point) and although it was mildly disappointing he didn't (although I didnt REALLY expect it) there were enough treats in a show which featured EIGHT changes from the show two days earlier.

The sound was much improved, the guitars were louder than bombs and the whole band were really into it, spurred on by a very enthusiastic - and surprisingly YOUNG - crowd. Keith's solo set was as good as I've ever seen him do, and it was a real jaw dropper when he talked about tryin' somthing different before croaking a couple of lines A CAPPELLA of "Loch lomond" before the crowd picked it up and sang the rest of the chorus. Suffice to say, the place went absolutely nuts and any of the audience who regarded Keith's set as a "piss break" truly missed a wonderful moment. Whatever next? "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" in Dublin??

Other highlights, "thats how strong my love is" (has this been played in an arenas on this tour yet?), a hard rockin' "miss you" (a great improvement on its sporadic outings this tour than the flaccid, self-indulgent dross it became on the last tour), "midnight rambler" (need I say more) and "Paint it black".

Oh,and Keith looked cool as f*** in his black shirt with a huge skull and crossbones on the back - no wonder Johnny Depp based his character in "Pirates of the Caribbean" on him.
[Edited by Gazza]
09-04-03 01:50 PM
Gazza >IORR reporting that Keith kissed Ronnie on the lips on the way to the B stage!

kinda dispels the recent gossip that Keith isnt speakin' to him, doesnt it?
09-04-03 03:11 PM
montana some pix here

http://www.lfi.co.uk/scripts/kws30pre.exe?site=LFI&picktype=GfxOnly&type=GfxOnly&maxhits=12&FLFA_FIELD=&SEARCH_FILTERA=&search=LFLON+003177&hmessage=THE%20ROLLING%20STONES%20LIVE%20IN%20CONCERT%20AT%20THE%20SECC%20IN%20GLASGOW&submit=lsearch

lour
09-04-03 03:16 PM
luxury1 Oh Gazza--I knew you had it in ya!! See, that was all I was looking for--you always seem to be able to report on the vibe of the show--which is always something I tune into also. And I am greatly shocked that you dont carry a laptop around with you when attending Stones gigs. (smiley face).

What a great show this must have been. Looks like Mick is back in fine form, as he chose Thats How Strong and Miss You--and the guitars are loud once again. Wow. I knew they read this board, I just knew it.
09-04-03 03:44 PM
Gazza patience is a virtue,Lux - thanks for waiting!
09-04-03 06:22 PM
glencar I like that they did 8 different songs from Monday's show. An Irish friend of mine went to the show on Monday & said it was fine but not like the Paris show in July. I hope "The Nearness of You" gets played in Dublin.
09-10-03 04:26 PM
jb My name is glen and I like cars..how juvenile...
Page: 1 2