ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I am ready to Rock! Return to archive
09-03-03 09:29 AM
JaggerLips Yes folks I will be attending the little concert down at The Manchester MEN Arena this Friday 5th September. I will be dressed in a black T-shirt with the Tongue and Lips logo planted firmly into the centtre of my chest and red plectrum style earings with the words "ROCK ON" written on in white so you could say I will look the part. Now I will get out of this somewhat sarcastic interlude into the sheer excitement of the fact that not long from now I will be seeing my idols for the first time!!!!!

MICK, KEITH, RONNIE, CHARLIE! I CAN'T WAIT TILL WE SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER!!! NOW I NEED YOU GUYS MORE THAN EVER.

I keep getting what's best described as electrical currents through my body when I think of it hell knows what I will be like when I see them!

I will give you my report after the Greatest Show on earth hits my neighbouring city of Manchester, not far for me as I live in Liverpool!
09-03-03 05:26 PM
montana hey jaggerlips!!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers, lour
09-03-03 06:53 PM
throbby The first time! You are in for one hell of an evening.

Rock on!
09-04-03 06:48 PM
hotlicks FIRST TIME IS ALWAYS THE BEST
HAVE A BLAST-LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REVIEW>
09-04-03 07:19 PM
Boomy Have a good time, Jaggerslips.
09-06-03 10:38 AM
riccardo So,how was the first time?
09-06-03 10:45 AM
throbby Yes, give us the details.
09-06-03 11:59 AM
LadyJane Give her some time!

Can't you all remember your first time? It's so special!She's probably still in a state of shock! You anticipate and wonder what it will be like. During..you think you are dreaming and then you bask in the afterglow.

Hmmm....I am referring to one's first Rolling Stones Concert. Although...it's remarkably similar to......ya know.

LadyJ.
09-10-03 08:11 AM
JaggerLips OKAY HERE IS MY EXCUSE I HAVE NO INTERNET AT HOME SO I HAVE TO MAKE TO WITH INTERNET AT MY LIBRARY WHICH SOMETIMS DOESN'T WORK!! I TRIED ON MONDAY, STAYED AT HOME ON TUESDAY TO READ GORGE ORWELL'S '1984' FANTASTIC WHICH I READ IN A DAY! FANTASTIC BOOK SO NOW IT IS WEDNESDAY AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO HERE IS MY REVIEW!

I am still in a state of disbelief I still can't get over the fact that I have seen the Stones live they rocked my world! I have to say that I wish that I was born in the 50's then I could be with them from the very start and I would have gone to a lot more shows by now, who knows what number concert the Manchester one would be?? Anyway at this moment I feel like crying, have felt like this since the Stones left the stage. Mick did things to me inside that just made me love him even more than I ever did, Ronnie was on it all night as well as Keith, Keith was really touching with his rendidtion of Slipping Away as was Mick with Sweet Virginia. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what do I write?? I was dancing practically all night and without knowing it was mimicking Mick's moves his sashaying and his twirly arms and hands, he was fantastic. Charlie on Paint it Black was great, Mick on Can you hear me Knocking on harmonica was a real treat as you don't get that on the album so now I want to get a live album, maybe this tour will have one.

Sympathy really go inside me you know? Mick was so on it during that song, I know he has sung it like over 1000 times now but he still sings it with the same amount of desperation that he always has!

Loved the introductions bit with Mick and him wearing that green hat, how I wished I was the the hat........
Anyway the 2 songs I haven't heard before were Mannish Boy which I thought sounded like Sway! and also If you can't rock me which is a terrific song.
Now I want to see them again so much it makes me want to cry! Incidently I have bought a huge poster with the Stones on it, it's a black and white little number and Keith looks scary as ever but now having gotten used to it on my bedroom wall he is scaring me less and less HAHAHAHAHA
God what can I say now?? Like I said at the start I wish I was born in a different era rather than in 1983! GRRRRRRRRRRRR Maybe in a past life I have been to many Stones shows and that's why in this life I love them so much??

By the way I am so jealous of Lisa Fisher and the way she got to dance with Mick, you should have seen the jealous look on my face!
At the end when they did JJ Flash some freaks from the crowd got on stage and luckily they were taken off by the stewards. I was scared for Keith as they got so close to him that is the only thing I really didn't like (ok I was jealous!)

Yes Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie defintely make me feel like a different person now, like thay have taken something away from me, metaphorically speaking my virginity, or was it metaphorically I don't know.

After the show coming home to Liverpool in the car I could swear I saw Charlie Watts in a stretch white limo just managed to see through the black tinted glass, he looked sad, but he always does and I was sad too that that might be the last time I get to see him and th e rest for real again but at least I have seen them now, nobody can take that away from me!
Do you think after this tour the Stones will tour again if so I definitely want to go see at least 2 shows!