ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (ns) Return to archive
08-26-03 10:00 AM
Factory Girl Should I go see them live?? Tix are only $15!!! Will my ears bleed? Anyone has their live stuff? Any advice ia appreciated. TIA!
08-26-03 10:12 AM
Zeeta Buy the tix NOW!!!

Saw them in November - great stuff - as you know - V loud! Good live band - wear black leather!
Have you got their albums as obviously it would be better if you know their stuff.
yeah, I dug it and tix are so cheap compared to a certain other band!
08-26-03 10:12 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, I saw that too FG. If I can find someone to go with....I'm so there.
08-26-03 10:17 AM
Factory Girl CD recomendations, anyone??? Do I need earplugs??
08-26-03 10:27 AM
Zeeta Yes!!

Well they only have 2 - their self titled debut:

BRMC

and Take Them on On Your Own released about a month ago:

I prefer their first album - but they may be playing stuff from their new to promote.

Enjoy
[Edited by Zeeta]
[Edited by Zeeta]
08-26-03 10:56 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I liked a few tracks off their first, but found it almost too much sonic assault, not enough music. They stray perilously close to becoming another irrelevant hard-rock band on some tracks - but on "Whatever Happened To My Rock'n'Roll", all's forgiven. That's quite the song.

Haven't heard their second yet - I'll have to check it out.

-tSYX --- 'cuz I can't fuckin' wait...
08-26-03 11:10 AM
Zeeta TSYZ:
True - but when the are good they are REALLY good - also live is a different, better experience trust me!

What modern bands are you into mate?
08-26-03 07:14 PM
mac_daddy I bought my ticket a while ago

I also wear earplugs - esp. for bands like this that are indoors. brmc, trail of dead, dinosaur jr (years ago, I have no idea what J. is up to now) - these guys just try to be as loud as possible. The older I get, the less resilient (sp) my ears seem to be, so I wear plugs to almost all these club shows that I go to...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
08-27-03 04:18 PM
Honky Tonk Man Saw them live earlier this month. Not as good as the show i saw in November, but still great. I don't know what i think of the new material yet. They played a decent enough selection. The new single "Stop" is pretty good.

$15 sounds like a bargain FG. Don't miss out

Alex
08-27-03 04:51 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
I also wear earplugs - esp. for bands like this that are indoors. brmc, trail of dead, dinosaur jr (years ago, I have no idea what J. is up to now)

mac_daddy !

I opened a gig for J about 4 years ago and it was by far the L O U D E S T gig I have ever played/been to in my life ! (I always wear earplugs too) It was so loud that I had to leave the building. I went out behind the building in the backstage area, got IN my car, shut the doors, took out my earplugs and could STILL HEAR the gig crystal clear. I could have taped the gig INSIDE my car with the doors shut. That's how loud J. Mascis plays. Last I heard J was playing with Mike Watt and Ron Ashton but now that those two are playing with Iggy I don't know what J is up to ?

For SS & FG

GO !!! Fifteen bucks for just about ANY decent band is cheap. Think about it, people pay 9 bucks to go to shitty movies like "Gigli".

Wear earplugs.

Nice Pisols review Marc !! I am seeing them again on the 3rd.

You kids have fun !!

Later, Cardinal Fang
08-27-03 05:05 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:
Fifteen bucks for just about ANY decent band is cheap. Think about it, people pay 9 bucks to go to shitty movies like "Gigli".

LOL!!

Heard about this?

Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros' final album, "Streetcore," will be released Oct. 21 and will include eight original tracks, plus a cover of Bob Marley's "Redemption Song."

AP Photo

Strummer, a snarling punk icon and former singer-songwriter for The Clash, died Dec. 22 of a heart attack. He was 50.

The album will also include a cover of "Before I Grow Too Old" by Bobby Charles, re-titled "Silver and Gold." A video has already been shot for the track "Coma Girl."

His influence far exceeded his record sales. U2 singer Bono called The Clash "the greatest rock band. They wrote the rule book for U2."
08-27-03 05:59 PM
Cardinal Fang Yes, I did already know about the new Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros album.

Ian sent it to me about 2 months ago.

I didn't know about the video for Coma Girl though. It's probably from the live video ?

More importantly, the question on everyone's minds, Did you REALLY go to Europe for the Stones shows or is this another, "I'm a black UPS driver, I got a Dylan soundboard the SAME NIGHT of the show, I got married, etc,etc,etc." sort of deal ????? If so, why not be USEFULL and give us an original review ??

I'm pretty sure I "prolly" already know the answer.

Later, Cardinal Fang
08-27-03 06:30 PM
steel driving hammer If I send you my airline ticket stub will you send me some 82 shows?

I didn't really have a good time over there. We just stayed in our hotel room mostly looking out the window and watching tv. Amsterdam is very old, you can almost smell the history in the air. I did heroin for the 1st time there and got so sick, also some coke, alot pot and hash. Everytime I woke up, the first thing I did was get high.

Since I came back, I realized, rock and roll is just rock and roll. It's too strong for me and I'm going start taking better care of myself like actually showing up for Raquetball leagues and smoking and drinking less which I'm trying to do.

I went w/ my dad to the hospital a few days ago for him to have a wire injected in his arm that leads to his heart to administer some dye to see if he has blockage and that for me really cememted it for me.

They were times in Amsterdam when I said to myself, I want out.

We saw the Stones at Ahoy and it was very good! I didn't even have to piss!
09-01-03 12:18 PM
mac_daddy anybody else check out the brmc on their current US tour?
09-05-03 07:51 PM
mac_daddy Factory Girl - did you check them out?

How long do they play?
09-06-03 01:04 PM
Factory Girl They're here on 9/18. I don't know if I'm going yet.
09-06-03 02:22 PM
Honky Tonk Man They replaced the White Stripes at this years Reading/Leeds festivals. Saw highlights of their performance on MTV 2. Really good. They did a killer cover version of the Stripes "The Hardest Button To Button"

You really 'ought to go Factory Girl

Alex
09-07-03 06:42 AM
mac_daddy pulled a nice sounding tape from tonight's show. I am going to need a little help with the setlist. However, if anybody wants to trade for what will be a two-disc set, I am happy to oblige...
09-12-03 09:58 PM
mac_daddy last chance - none of you folks want to trade for a copy of the recording I made last Saturday? It sounds pretty good, if I do say so myself