ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Don't Stop" at the FleetCenter, Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: why always america before europe.........,,,? Return to archive
09-15-02 06:48 PM
sonicrock JUST THINK ABOUT......why they always played, since 1969 always america first ??
this is not any polital friction matter usa/europe is just a very stones related wonder?? coz if you think about it?? europe didnt saw any carol in 69/70 tour but america didn t saw any roll over beethoven in then same time. i mean by that, that every show is good to see,, for different reasons, but an hello is supposed to be happy ,as a goodbye is supposed to be sad, '(in most of case) ,but you america didn t have the opportunity to see what s mean a 2 or 3 years tour ends, i mean the last show, and whe, whe never happen to see the first......well tha t it...excuse my aproximative english, if somebody have a tough about it with no money in it ll be great long live RS. SONICROCK
09-15-02 06:53 PM
CS It's money, in the USA they not just sell at higher prices, they sell more shows.
09-15-02 07:10 PM
Gazza For maximum media publicity and financial impact, it makes more sense to start the tour in the US as its the #1 market for both. Most acts generally do this when they embark on a world tour.

Also,in the US,if youre playing concerts (notably outdoor ones) you can work it that you can play SOMEWHERE in that country at any time of the year...ie,you can play an outdoor show in Arizona in January or Florida in November,but you couldnt really play anywhere in Europe at that time. So,as Stones tours tend to start in the second half/last third of a year,playing the US is more practical.

the rule of thumb is that you tour during the summer or at least when the weather is reliable...so playing in the southern hemisphere makes more sense around Feb/March because thats their summer and maybe only about a third of the US and none of Europe is suitable for stadiums at that time of year.

Availability of stadiums and arenas is also another thing - as the baseball season runs from spring to October and the American football season runs from September - January, you can work it so you can get some form of major sports stadium available at some point. In Europe you only really have May - August to play stadiums,if that. The US also has more large capacity arenas, so subject to them not being used for ice hockey,basketball or Holiday on Ice or suchlike, your options are more open and you have more choice of which ones to use. Theres actually very few indoor arenas in Europe worth a damn that also seat more than about 12,000 people.
09-15-02 08:18 PM
sonicrock thanks gazza, even if i have more to say about it i may almost agree, but for god sake one of my dream is to see the stones kick of a world tour in europe, marquee for example, sometime is wise not to grow up, take care everybody stones needs you us as much as we need them peace sonicrock