ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Don't Stop" at the FleetCenter, Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Over 1000 members and over 30,000 posts, Rocks Off Rocks on!! Return to archive
09-14-02 10:30 PM
Scot Rocks Just noticed those numbers. Keep up the good work on the best Stones board on the net.

Thanks

Mark
09-14-02 10:33 PM
Soul Survivor Im glad I was/is a part of it
09-14-02 10:43 PM
parmeda It is nice, isn't it?

Jaxx, Gazza & Voo should be sooooo proud...and THANKED, again, and again.

Thanks you guys...and thanks to the members that bring me so much entertainment in my busy day.
09-14-02 10:44 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
Im glad I was/is a part of it

you sure are soulie

on the figures you are .093% of the membership yet your number of posts represents 1.83% of all posts

and you've only been posting for 7 weeks!!

at this rate you will be responsible for 1/2 the posts on the board in about two years time
09-14-02 11:12 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

you sure are soulie

on the figures you are .093% of the membership yet your number of posts represents 1.83% of all posts

at this rate you will be responsible for 1/2 the posts on the board in about two years time

How do you know the figures!?
09-15-02 04:40 PM
stonedinaustralia 1. under the "post new" tounge at the top of the board there is a note of the number of registered users and the total number of posts made (as pointed out by Scot Rocks)

2. at the bottom of your last message posted is the total number of posts you have made

3. your profile indictes when you began posting

4. recalculate the fractions into percentages and there you have "the figures" - then do a projection based on the rate of posting so far to 50% of all posts

hope this helps

cheers

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
09-15-02 04:45 PM
Moonisup hahahahha lol
Well with 1080 memebers, we can get fesh news real fast here!! mmmmmmmmm can't wait till europe!!

Soullie the masterposter!!!!!

The flying dutchmen

Rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
09-15-02 04:45 PM
Gazza >on the figures you are .093% of the membership yet your number of posts represents 1.83% of all posts

>at this rate you will be responsible for 1/2 the posts on the board in about two years time
thats a bit like that statistic about Elvis impersonators (ie when Elvis died in 1977,there were something like about 200 registered Elvis impersonators in the world,now theres tens of thousands. Using that multiplication yardstick,in another 25 years approximately one quarter of the world's population willl be Elvis impersonators....)

regarding the number of registered users for this board - its actually gone up by around 10% since the tour started. Quite a few new people who I'm not familiar with signing up for the tree as well - which makes me make the obvious statement.....feel free to post more often,folks!!
09-15-02 04:50 PM
Moonisup Well Gazza, I have to introduce myself now,
as soon as I got the internet I became a member, I followed this board at school but I could not register!!
A question:

How long does this board exist???

The flying dutchmen,
Yours truly, rik
09-15-02 04:54 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Soullie the masterposter!!!!!

I'm honored
09-15-02 05:02 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:

I'm honored

i thought you were on some kind of new high powered designer amphetamine
09-15-02 05:12 PM
Gazza >How long does this board exist???

Since 24th March 1999 to be precise (I think thats the exact date!) Certainly it was the same week that the 3 of us met up in Hartford,Ct for the Stones shows there - which is,so far,the only occasion any of us have met each other (not that easy when we all live in different countries - ie, Mexico, US and UK)

Previously we were part of another board called "Goin' Home" which started in August 1998 and which closed due to spamming,so the three of us opened this one, as Gerardo twisted our arms a lot..LOL. we've all known each other however since January 1998 when we all posted on the old BTB world tour message board.

thanks for registering and welcome aboard. (if you excuse the pun..)

09-15-02 05:16 PM
Moonisup Cool, Hope to meet some fellow rockers in Holland next year!!!

Rik
09-15-02 06:05 PM
stonedinaustralia soulie - i should point out the "projection" - as gazza'a elvis example illustrates - is flawed - the law of diminishing returns will get you every time - but i'm sure, in true stones style, you will push that law to it's limits
09-15-02 06:34 PM
Soul Survivor Don't worry, I'll be at 2,000 posts (probably) at the beginning of 2003
09-15-02 06:35 PM
Soul Survivor beginning meaning January - March