ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Don't Stop" at the FleetCenter, Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A little story Return to archive
09-13-02 09:28 PM
nankerphelge Wanted to share this all with you while I'm in such a fucking tender mood tonite.

The missus called her granny the other nite after the Fleet opener.

And do you what she said? She said:
Ooooh oooooh, Granny I'm a Fool to Cry.

No, that's not right, she said:

"Hi Granny, we went to the Stones' opener at the Fleet last night. Yeah it was fun, but do you know what the most fun was? It was going to Sully's pub and meeting all these people that know each other by name but not by face. They all go on-line to this place and talk and shit and then meet at a show and get faced."

"That's lovely dear" said Granny, "do they smoke dope and get fucked up too?"

"Yes granny, they do"

It was touching -- I am still sobbing like a little wussy boy at it.

But I wanted to share this with y'all because it is true and I can't wait to meet y'all on the road....

09-13-02 10:19 PM
scope Wait, let me get a tissue to dry my eyes .........................................
Okay, I'm back now. That was so touching. I say we hoist a pint in honor of Granny. You ARE coming to NY, right Nanky?
[Edited by scope]
09-13-02 10:56 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
scope wrote:
Wait, let me get a tissue to dry my eyes .........................................

what the fuck
09-14-02 08:29 AM
nankerphelge And yes I am coming to NY scope -- with a crowd like this going, how could I not!

[Edited by Jaxx]
09-14-02 09:10 AM
Jaxx hey scope: i have one giants stadium ticket available if you still need one. let me know.
09-14-02 09:23 AM
nankerphelge Getting a little heavy with that edit hand there Jaxxy!
09-14-02 09:30 AM
Jaxx i know. its your granny for chrissake!
09-14-02 10:02 AM
Maxlugar I'd like to do bong hits with Granny!

M!
09-14-02 10:04 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh good Lord!

It was a JOKE.

And I'll bet you the first round in NYC that nanky laughed his ass off when he saw that.

You should have seen what I was going to post! I tamed it WAY down.
09-14-02 11:30 AM
nankerphelge I did laugh my ass off -- the visual of the old cartoon lady from Playboy came to mind!! And granny, sweet as she is, has a devilish sense of humor herself -- she comes up with some shit that makes me blush!!

09-14-02 12:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot I think Jaxxy whacked the JB is a Clown thread too. Pity. There was some really great stuff in that thread. I'll bet it was my dick sucking feminist joke that killed it.

I'm so misunderstood.
09-14-02 01:05 PM
scope
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
hey scope: i have one giants stadium ticket available if you still need one. let me know.

Yeah. Still need one and I'll take you up on the offer. I know I probably could have scored something at the gate, but it's good to know I can relax and party knowing I have ticket in hand.
Now I can focus on the tailgate planning.
Thanks
-scope