ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Don't Stop" at the FleetCenter, Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WHAT ABOUT SWAY ???? Return to archive
09-13-02 10:17 AM
sonicrock 4 GIG GONE AND STILL NO SWAY I M DOWN ON MY KNEES AND PRAY
09-13-02 03:01 PM
chrisis2 seriously, man

did they rehearse it?
09-13-02 03:14 PM
Soul Survivor yes they rehearsed it
09-13-02 05:02 PM
MRD8 They rehearsed it and I'm sure they'll play it during the Sticky Fingers miniset at one of the arena or theater shows...
09-13-02 09:14 PM
Soul Survivor Yup. But they could also play: Dead Flowers, Sister Morphine, Moonlight Mile, Bitch, You Gotta Move, and I Got The Blues.

They have played 3 from Sticky Fingers, and theres 7 songs left. That means SWAY might not even get played
09-14-02 01:01 PM
Gimme Shelter I really hope to hear "Sway" as well. I'm still in awe that we're getting "Can't You Hear Me Knocking", that is totally cool!
09-14-02 01:20 PM
Soul Survivor not only are we getting it, im in awe about how good it sounds
09-14-02 01:28 PM
Moonisup It is just that demon life
09-14-02 01:28 PM
Soul Survivor it's got you in it's sway.........
09-14-02 02:30 PM
sly I have a feeling it's gonna make its live debut at the Aragon. I also think they're gonna play alot from exile since none of the Chicago shows had an exile theme.
09-15-02 08:46 PM
sonicrock hey man would like very much that and slave as well why not???
09-15-02 08:57 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I talked to Tom Ridge in Chicago via cellphone... he was at some sort of place with loud music with a strong bass-beat.

"After careful consideration, my Savage Young Bumshaker, I've determined that SWAY, rehearsed very early on, is not a likely contender. For one, Keith and Ronnie did not play on it - it was the two Micks. Another thing - Keith doesn't much care for it, and after giving Mick both "Fool To Cry" and "Emotional Rescue" when he could have just as easily done "She's So Cold" and another Exile number on Forty Licks, it's unlikely he'll make such a consession on-stage. It was rehearsed twice according to the Toronto Team - once on August 6, once on August 8. It has not been rehearsed since. While it is possible that they just nailed it and didn't need to drag it out again, I doubt that considering the changed lineup that it's being played at all this tour. Now leave me and these wonderful sister dancers alone. Is that a strap-on, babe?"

The rest was drowned out by incoherant moaning.

-tSYX --- Well I'm a lonesome schoolboy... And if I finish this song I'll get nasty e-mail for weeks...
09-15-02 11:01 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
sonicrock wrote:
4 GIG GONE AND STILL NO SWAY I M DOWN ON MY KNEES AND PRAY

Your knees must really hurt by now...

I hope you bought pads...

It's gonna be a long tour...

And it's not that I don't want to hear it, 'cuz I do! It's just that I don't think it's gonna happen!

-tSYX --- Bah dah, dah dah *dah*, dah dah dah dah (Instrumental Satisfaction, baby, yeah!)
09-16-02 12:54 AM
T&A the rumor is that they are teeing up Dear Doctor for Aragon. I think you will see Sway along the way somewhere. Remember, they will likely do several Sticky theme nights and they won't all feature the same tunes, so I'm sure Sway will get an airing or three....
09-16-02 03:13 AM
Moonisup I really hope for sway to ore for I got the blues, that is also very very good!

rik