ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Don't Stop" at the FleetCenter, Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards on the cover of Rolling Stone? Return to archive
09-12-02 11:52 PM
Tom ??? Now is out RS 906 October 03, 2002 and no Keith, instead we have Jennifer Love Hewitt, not bad cover at all but where's Keith
09-13-02 12:12 AM
glencar I think only the European edition had Keith on the cover. That Hewitt gal is on every cover this month. She made a J. Lo record, I think.
09-13-02 12:23 AM
tumblingdice I heard it will be the one that comes out next around the 27th
09-13-02 12:35 AM
Riffhard Yes.The Keith cover is for the 27th.If they only release it in Europe it wouldn't make much sense as they aren't on tour in Europe yet.Although I must say Jann Wenner has pulled more idiotic moves with that rag in the last 10 years or so that nothing would suprize me.

It's kind of funny when you think about it.Wenner names his magazine Rolling Stone as a triubute to the band,and while the magazine is now irrelevant the band is getting the greatest reviews they've seen in over a decade!

Riffhard
09-13-02 06:18 AM
Pants Make the Man Jennifer Love Hewitt? That's ridiculous. What has she ever done for rock and roll, besides have a great figure, that would get her on the cover of "Rolling Stones" magazine? Jan Wenner better get back on the bandwagon. P.S. I wonder what that magazine's (inevitable) review of one of the Stones' show's will be like. From the review's I've been reading, it seem's like something special should be in order. Maybe Jan can drum up some well deserved publicity amongst the younger crowd that think's Korn or Slipknot is the last word in rock and roll.
09-13-02 08:55 AM
Sir Stonesalot Rolling Stone is a joke. Rolling Stones are a way of life. Subtle difference, but what a HUGE difference it is.

Ever do a search for Rolling Stones on ebay, and see how many people list old Rolling Stone magazines as "Rolling Stones issue 1672, John Travolta cover...RARE"

What the fuck is the matter with them?
09-13-02 08:57 AM
nankerphelge They're idiots.
Comes from upbringing.
They're parents are probably idiots too.
09-13-02 09:36 AM
jb Love Hewitt has shed her good girl image and has a new video out. She is a remarkably beautiful young woman with voluptious breasts.
09-13-02 12:01 PM
56DeSoto I'd always read that Rolling Stone magazine was named after Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" with a nod to some of the old blues connections of that phrase and had nothing to do with our beloved Rolling Stones band.

If Keith does end up on the cover here in the US it will be one of the rare issues of Rolling Stone that I'm won't be embarassed to have on my coffee table. Usually I end up folding those atrocious covers over and out of sight...

56DeSoto
Amanda
www.edithgrove.com
[Edited by 56DeSoto]
09-13-02 12:31 PM
Riffhard Well Amanda when Jan Wenner presented the Grammy Lifetime Achievment Award to the Stones he stated that he felt the Stones were one of the most deserving rock and roll bands to receive accolades and awards because they more than anyone defined the true rebellious spirit of R&R.He went on to say that it was for that very reason that he named his magazine after them.

Riffhard
09-13-02 12:40 PM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-13-02 12:49 PM
Pants Make the Man A well meaning friend recently gave me four or five of the newest issues of "Rolling Stones". I read, all total, the John Entwistle obituary, the new Springsteen album review (perfect rating), the Townshend interview (funny, as usual), and then tossed them all in the trash. No wait, I did also read a couple of paragraph's from an insider's report of the "California surf-rocker's on metha-amphetamine epidemic."
09-13-02 01:42 PM
egon the back street boys were on the cover once....
09-13-02 04:04 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Rolling Stone is a joke. Rolling Stones are a way of life. Subtle difference, but what a HUGE difference it is.

"way of life"??? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
I've got my own "way of life" with the Stones being a good part of the soundtrack but I'm missing it. Sorry.

09-13-02 04:06 PM
jb It's a way of living...not constrained to the acceptable human norms....
[Edited by jb]
09-13-02 04:20 PM
Mother baby
quote:
jb wrote:
It's a way of living...not constrained to the acceptable human norms....
[Edited by jb]

You know I hate to dance around with angels on the head of a pin but who's doing the "accepting"? I'd argue that the Stones ARE acceptable human norms...just turn the hour glass upside down again. lol.
09-13-02 04:25 PM
jb I always like your posts MB...you alright with me!
09-14-02 02:09 PM
Mother baby
quote:
jb wrote:
I always like your posts MB...you alright with me!

Thanks, well some of them are a bit sketchy but thank God for the delete and edit buttons.
[Edited by Mother baby]