ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Don't Stop" at the FleetCenter, Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Video Tree from 2 boston shows?! Return to archive
09-11-02 01:07 PM
marko Ok,some good news to everyone.Today i received a boot video
list,from my connection guy and i lost my nerves straight
away.2 boston shows allready available on vhs&dvd,both shows
are 2cam mix.Shows are fleet center&gillette stadium.too bad
the orpheum isn�t available yet!So tomorrow i will order
following stuff.
Boston fleet center 9.3.02,complete 2cam mix
Boston gillette stadium,9.5.02,complete 2cam mix
Chicago 9.22.97 rehearsals PRO 50min
Chicago 9.23.97 110mins PRO

and suprise suprise,on cd
Boston,orpheum theatre 9.8.02...i don�t the quality,but i
will take a risk.

So why not share these videos with you,,so i�m thinkin,why
not a video tree?For rock off members.Bad thing about video
tapes is that,more you copy,worse it gets,,,so now i need
2-3 mates to continue this after me....

oh i forgot,,,if i order them tomorrow(I WILL),,,i should
get them about after 2.5-3 weeks time,,,if you�re patience,
maybe we could pull this off?

more chipa?
09-11-02 01:24 PM
posada Sounds great!! Keep us posted!
09-11-02 02:33 PM
k_riffhard Yes please keep us informed !!!

[Edited by k_riffhard]
09-11-02 02:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know I'll help out!

Martha? This sounds like something that you could be invaluable for!

09-11-02 02:45 PM
Joey Count me in !!!!!!

09-11-02 02:51 PM
Mickjagger1963 Please, count me in and Thank you very much!
09-11-02 03:21 PM
Soul Survivor Count me in
09-11-02 03:38 PM
Larry Dallas I don't know if this helps, but I have access to a DVD burner. A friend has one and I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem burning a few for me.

09-11-02 04:28 PM
Jerry in Boston I've never participated in a tree before but I'd certainly like to get involved. I can do VHS for NTSC.

~ Jer
09-11-02 04:46 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You know I'll help out!

Martha? This sounds like something that you could be invaluable for!

I have been WAITING for the call to duty!

Give me the master and I can make ten (yes that's right I said 10) dubs at a time...this will avoid distributing shitty third generation copies...and I am very trustworthy..I have references!

Private message me and I'll give you my address and we can work out the details.

Thanks!!!!!!
09-11-02 05:33 PM
sammy davis jr. Count in Sammy! I can burn music CD's quick.
09-11-02 05:39 PM
Cardinal Fang Marko, Sir Cardinal X Stonesalot, & Martha !!

Hey Marko, I HAVE the Boston 9/3 Fleet show on CD-R in an above average audience recording that somebody anonymously mailed me from Boston last week. This is NOT that below average one with the loud audience noises that, that one dude had for download either but a DIFFERENT source. (No offense to the dude)

The reason I bring this up is that I'm sending it to Gazza as a surprise so he can tree it here. (DON'T tell the G-Man though!! - Let him be surprised)

I can also help out with a video tree, my esteemed Cardinal X. can vouch for my rep.

While I've got everybody's attention, I don't think I've ever told this story here (or anywhere before, for that matter) I've met Martha a LONG time ago. Back then she had a different name and she probably wouldn't remember me? (maybe she would? I'm pretty memorable) I'll give her a clue:
December 1987, Los Angeles book store. You were a head of me in line. I had on a white jacket that you seemed to like, I had brown "poofy" hair like Ronnie's, black Chuck Taylor high top sneakers and was a total smart ass. You said your name was "Not Martha" (but something like it) and I said that I already knew a girl with that "same name". Do you remember me, "Cardinal Fang" ? (probably not) The reason I remember you is that you reminded me of my girlfriend at the time and she was back in Sacramento and I was in L.A. (and I'll leave it at that)

Anyway, IF I can help you all out, I would like to, too.

Now I Gotta Bail.

Later, Cardinal Fang
09-11-02 06:18 PM
Gazza Thank you,Marko, Cardinal Fang (hope you got my previous e-mail..you can always get me by using the private message facility on this page if your e-mail isnt working)and everyone else

OK..time to get the show on the road.

We'll happily tree the Fleet & Gillette shows on video as soon as Marko gets it and advises us of what its like. Marko,I'll be happy to act as a branch and copy at least five PAL copies for you..the more branches you have one generation down from your copy obviously the better quality everyone will get..obviously anyone getting a copy from you who lives in North America/Japan will have to convert it to their NTSC system in order to trade it...I suggest their "leaves" help them with the cost of doing so(shouldnt cost very much)

OK..right now we'll accept sign ups for the Boston Fleet show on CDR. At this time,please DONT e-mail me about the video trees as the tree isnt available yet.

Xyzzy already has a copy of the Fleet CDR which I presume is the same copy as Cardinal Fang's..ideally I should have a copy from both of them shortly so we'll be able to figure out which to use (or both if need be!)

Right now,if you want to take part in this tree, please e-mail me at [email protected] with "BOSTON FLEET" as the subject line. As this e-mail address is exclusively being used for trees, do NOT mail me at that address for any other purpose as it'll be hard for me to keep track of.

Your e-mail MUST contain the following info:

1. Your "rocks off" screen name
2. Your e-mail address
3. Country of residence (if in US/Canada,please also add your state/province)
4. Whether you wish to sign up as a "branch" in the tree (ie you will be willing to burn CDR copies for others) or as a "leaf" (which means you'll receive your copy from a "branch" and do not wish to/are unable to make copies for others)
5. (if applicable) If signing up as a branch,state how many copies you would be willing to make for others.

Please note that the number of people who will be chosen as branches depends on demand. Therefore,some people who request to be a branch may well be selected as a "leaf".

There will shortly be a separate page on this message board for the CDR trees and a FAQ guide for those who arent familiar with the CDR tree concept. However,if you need more info on how it works,please see this link for the Bob Dylan CDR tree community

http://www.dylantree.com/docs/tree_faq.php

Therefore you have seven days to register. The tree structure will be sent to those who have registered shortly afterwards,as I want to get this up and running before I go to New York on the 25th September.

Other trees will be added soon and as the tour progresses. Hopefully we may have something from the Orpheum to tree soon also.

09-11-02 06:31 PM
Pants Make the Man Ahhh, yes. The cloud's are parting and Ronnie's face is smiling down at me. You should be hearing from me shortly, Ronnie willing, Gazza.
09-11-02 06:38 PM
Martha
quote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:
Marko, Sir Cardinal X Stonesalot, & Martha !!

While I've got everybody's attention, I don't think I've ever told this story here (or anywhere before, for that matter) I've met Martha a LONG time ago. Back then she had a different name and she probably wouldn't remember me? (maybe she would? I'm pretty memorable) I'll give her a clue:
December 1987, Los Angeles book store. You were a head of me in line. I had on a white jacket that you seemed to like, I had brown "poofy" hair like Ronnie's, black Chuck Taylor high top sneakers and was a total smart ass. You said your name was "Not Martha" (but something like it) and I said that I already knew a girl with that "same name". Do you remember me, "Cardinal Fang" ? (probably not) The reason I remember you is that you reminded me of my girlfriend at the time and she was back in Sacramento and I was in L.A. (and I'll leave it at that)

Anyway, IF I can help you all out, I would like to, too.

Now I Gotta Bail.

Later, Cardinal Fang

You have GOT to be shitting me......

I was in LA in November 25th through December 15th of 1987..taking short trips to San Fran and SanDiego during that time-frame....

I remember frequenting several bookstores at the time..and cannot at this momnet (however I'm in complete and utter shock) remember meeting you Cardinal Fang.

Do you have any other hints...did we sleep together? LOL!!!!!

You know how the 80's were..and I was a college girl on holiday break.

If this is actually true, and you did meet me in a bookstore in 1987.... then I am completely astonished.... actually dumbfounded might be a more accurate description.

How did you see my photo by the way...

developing.......yet, in shock......

the (normally), peace-filled,
martha
09-11-02 06:43 PM
Bob Tamp yes, i definately want in on the Boston shows
09-11-02 06:50 PM
Cardinal Fang Damn it Gazza!

It was supposed to be a surprise! (act surprised when you get it) I may be able to differentiate between the sources of the Fleet show tapes since I've heard both of the sources available so far. (my copy and that other "noisy" audience copy) My quieter audience source tape, fades up on Mannish Boy, the "noisy" version, does NOT. Perhaps Xyzzy can tell us if his version of Mannish Boy ALSO fades up. If it does, then we probably have the same source? What about it Xyzzy dude?

Later, Cardinal Fang

P.S. G.G !! I think my e-mail is still fucked up? I got your e-mail and replied. I think I need to go to Yahoo.com or something for my free e-mail needs? Those damned email.com/mail.com people!
09-11-02 07:08 PM
Gazza It was supposed to be a surprise! (act surprised when you get it)

well..after all..as a great man once said "our first element is surprise....."..if its a surprise,then uh....posting the info here isnt the smartest move youve ever done!

didnt get your e-mail..use the private message facility if you need to
09-11-02 09:27 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
Martha wrote:

You have GOT to be shitting me......

I was in LA in November 25th through December 15th of 1987..taking short trips to San Fran and SanDiego during that time-frame....

I remember frequenting several bookstores at the time..and cannot at this momnet (however I'm in complete and utter shock) remember meeting you Cardinal Fang.

Do you have any other hints...did we sleep together? LOL!!!!!

You know how the 80's were..and I was a college girl on holiday break.

If this is actually true, and you did meet me in a bookstore in 1987.... then I am completely astonished.... actually dumbfounded might be a more accurate description.

How did you see my photo by the way...

developing.......yet, in shock......

the (normally), peace-filled,
martha

Marta My Dear..... :-)

I would never "kiss and tell" so I will say that for "the record" NO, we didn't sleep together. ;-) Mainly because I was feeling guilty about my girlfriend back home. Even though I AM a "VERY" bad boy, I AM a Cardinal afterall and when I'm in a "relationship" with a girl, I try to be faithful. (I SWEAR, I really do!!) No matter how TEMPTING the offers. I think I'm one of the few guys here who can HONESTLY say that I've turned down more offers than I've accepted. (Seriously!) That either makes me an EXCELLENT boyfriend or a dumb male? You all decide?

Anyway, Martha, here are the details of what I can remember:

It was in early December, 1987 and you and I were in line at a book store on Sunset Blvd that was across the street from Tower Records and we were in line to meet Ronnie Wood. You and I were talking about Joe Perry, who had just tried to gate crash this event when his limo pulled up and Joe tried to cut in line. Thankfully, the bookstore told him to "hit the road". If I remember correctly Martha, you said that you liked him, I said he was a, "Keith Clone". Hell for that matter, I was a "Keith Clone" too. (just not a famous one!) I had a white jacket that you really liked. I saw your picture here at Rocks Off's "Links" page. (You still look as good as you did then, if I may say so.) As I said, you really, really, REALLY reminded me of my girlfriend at the time and I was in Hollywood at the time with my drummer and bass player to do some over dubs for Enigma Records for an album that NEVER got released. Let's just say, you reminded me ALOT of my girlfriend!! Anyway, we were both in line for Ronnie. Luckily while I was in line I got to befriend a guy named Bill German who I can't thank enough. I remember when you and I finally got to meet Ronnie, your camera worked and my friend Mike's DIDN'T!! (his flash was all fucked up) Ronnie autographed our books in silver ink and (I don't remember if you did?) but I also talked (= hit on) Jo Wood and she autographed my book in "pink" ink.

No, we didn't sleep together but if things had been different in my life I think we would have! Trust me Martha, you would have NEVER forgotten me either because you would have experienced things that most guys won't (or can't) do. ;-) My "real" name is Jimmy Whitley, as in, "THE Jimmy Whitley".

Love, Jimmy

P.S. I'm still in California.

09-11-02 09:47 PM
ERWAN Thanks Marco!
I've already signed up to be a branch for the Boston Fleet and sure for the others like orpheum,etc.....
09-11-02 10:23 PM
Martha
quote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:

Marta My Dear..... :-)

Anyway, Martha, here are the details of what I can remember:

It was in early December, 1987 and you and I were in line at a book store on Sunset Blvd that was across the street from Tower Records and we were in line to meet Ronnie Wood. You and I were talking about Joe Perry, who had just tried to gate crash this event when his limo pulled up and Joe tried to cut in line. Thankfully, the bookstore told him to "hit the road". If I remember correctly Martha, you said that you liked him, I said he was a, "Keith Clone". Hell for that matter, I was a "Keith Clone" too. (just not a famous one!) I had a white jacket that you really liked. I saw your picture here at Rocks Off's "Links" page. (You still look as good as you did then, if I may say so.) As I said, you really, really, REALLY reminded me of my girlfriend at the time and I was in Hollywood at the time with my drummer and bass player to do some over dubs for Enigma Records for an album that NEVER got released. Let's just say, you reminded me ALOT of my girlfriend!! Anyway, we were both in line for Ronnie. Luckily while I was in line I got to befriend a guy named Bill German who I can't thank enough. I remember when you and I finally got to meet Ronnie, your camera worked and my friend Mike's DIDN'T!! (his flash was all fucked up) Ronnie autographed our books in silver ink and (I don't remember if you did?) but I also talked (= hit on) Jo Wood and she autographed my book in "pink" ink.

No, we didn't sleep together but if things had been different in my life I think we would have! Trust me Martha, you would have NEVER forgotten me either because you would have experienced things that most guys won't (or can't) do. ;-) My "real" name is Jimmy Whitley, as in, "THE Jimmy Whitley".

Love, Jimmy

P.S. I'm still in California.

Holy shit..this is the most surreal thing I've ever encountered here folks...I WAS in LA in early December of 1987...but I am NOT the right Martha....Martha My Dear...is the Martha you are looking for.

I don't have my picture posted on the links page but I had recently sent a photo of myself and my husband to Joey and Gazza through my private e-mail..So when I read your first story Cardinal..and looked back into my calendars to make certain I was in LA. then, I about flipped out.

Hearing more of the story makes it clear..I can see why you would remember such a day. I was no where near this event..but wish I would've been.

Maybe Martha My Dear will read this thread and remember you..I'm sure I would've myself.

It's weird though that I happened to be in L.A. at this time...

developing.....

thanks for the rest of the story...

now I can sleep tonight.

peace,
Martha..just plain martha

P.S. It makes you a GREAT boyfriend!
09-12-02 02:24 AM
peterdv nice stories LOL

anyway ,if you ever need a branch for europe to make vhs copies, i'm your man :-)

cu
damn, can't wait to see those treed...thrilled
Peter
09-12-02 03:47 AM
Keef999 Hi Marko,

Great. Please count me in !!
I can burn cd's and video tapes in PAL format. I live in Spain, so I could distribute the video tapes and the cd's for all Europe.

Alvaro
09-12-02 07:41 AM
straycat58 I can burn CDs and copy VHS; no problem. I can distribute to Italian fans. Plase include me in the list
my e-mail: [email protected]
09-12-02 05:06 PM
Cardinal Fang For Martha:

That is pretty wild ! Just think had you been there Martha, you could have met "the other" Martha, Ronnie & Jo Wood, and yours truly. (and Ian McLagan & Bill German) I just wish I could be more specific on the exact date. I think it was around the 8th through 12th. You sent your picture to Joey? You've got guts. You don't want to know what he's going to do with them!

For Gazza:

I'll try to "get it off" for you by this weekend. :-)

quote:
Gazza wrote:
well..after all..as a great man once said "our first element is surprise....."..if its a surprise,then uh....posting the info here isnt the smartest move youve ever done!

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Later, Cardinal Fang

09-12-02 06:10 PM
Martha
quote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:
For Martha:

That is pretty wild ! Just think had you been there Martha, you could have met "the other" Martha, Ronnie & Jo Wood, and yours truly. (and Ian McLagan & Bill German) I just wish I could be more specific on the exact date. I think it was around the 8th through 12th.

It IS pretty wild...and I wish I would've known and been there that day...you have some great memories to cherish Cardinal.

You sent your picture to Joey? You've got guts. You don't want to know what he's going to do with them!

LOL...it is a photo of me with my husband!

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Later, Cardinal Fang

Please do!

peace...let the good times roll...martha

09-16-02 06:01 AM
MRD8 A friend of mine in New Jersey picked up a copy of the Fleet Center video yesterday at a record show and is mailing it to me today via priority mail...he called me last night and gave me his review...its a 3 cam mix, not 2 as he has been advertising it...he said the quality is amazing...filmed with new digital cams the picture/sound quality is superb, he said it fades from shot to shot when one angle gets blocked...looks semi-pro he says...I'll give you a more precise song by song rundown on it after I get it...
On another note I have a fantastic 2CDR set of the Fleet Center show, apparently a different source then the Cardinal referred to...this one is part of the 6CD box that Laughing Weasel Records just put out...I have the Orpheum show comming in this week from the same set...my friend who sent it tells me the Orpheum doesn't sound quite as good as the Fleet but is still decent...I can give you an email address to order the boxset if you want all three shows faster!
09-16-02 06:28 AM
fmk438j Sounds like they went to a lot of trouble. If it's the same guy(s) that offered it on keno's, then the've probably made a packet. These guys were even offereing it in DVD format. Good for us.
[Edited by fmk438j]