ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Don't Stop" at the FleetCenter, Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Out of Our Heads Remaster Screw-Up Return to archive
09-13-02 09:23 PM
mattb Has anyone else noticed they put The Last Time and Satisfaction on the UK version? They used to be on the USA version if I'm not mistaken.
09-13-02 09:38 PM
glencar I have the UK version & I don't ahve those songs on it. You got lucky, babe. It's probably going to be worth a million pesos someday.
09-13-02 09:58 PM
mattb Actually I think they made a mistake on the ad I was looking at. I'll have to check at the store. Which do you prefer?
09-13-02 11:13 PM
glencar The UK version. It's got a lot more stuff & I can get "Satisfaction" elsewhere.
09-14-02 12:46 AM
Stonesthrow Matt-- The UK version has only 6 of the songs on the US version of OOOH. They are replaced by 4 songs from December's Children and 2 from Now! Although Satisfaction, The Last Time, and Play With Fire are my favorites from that album/cd, I agree with Glencar to get UK. Reason is that it's strictly mono and better versions of those three songs can be found elsewhere. Also, UK is more what they intended in the first place. BTW, from the SACDs I've heard, the greatest improvement is on Between the Buttons. 12 X 5 is a close second because of 6 songs newly in stereo including the wonderful long version of 2120 S. Michigan Ave.

09-14-02 02:22 AM
1stonesfan Matt -

The only song NOT on the UK version that's on the US version is Paint It Black. Everything else on the US version is on the UK version (plus 2). I found this site: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/music/rollingstones-faq/part4/ to be the best rundown of what's what between UK and US recordings. What I learned...buy the US versions and you'll essentially get all the UK songs though on different albums...
[Edited by 1stonesfan]
09-14-02 02:37 AM
Stonesthrow 1Stonesfan-- I love Aftermath as much as the next guy. Maybe more since it's my favorite. However, Matt was talking about Out Of Our Heads. As Emily Litella would say, "That's very different." If it turns out you have that rare version of OOOH which contains Paint It, Black, you may have a real collector's item.

09-14-02 08:14 AM
Stonesprofessor The original Buttons CD was so HORRIBLE, it would have been very hard for the remaster NOT to be better...personally, I havent heard any of the remasters yet that doesnt impress in one way or another..and the significance of ABKCO making the UK versions available shouldnt be sneezed at either! All in all, you have to give ABKCO credit for doing it in a first class manner....
09-14-02 10:07 AM
mattb Thanks everyone. Does anyone have the link to the article that was in a magazine right when the remasters came out that was very similar to the other link I was given - it compared all the remasters and said what versions were used - it really got into the nitty gritty like how the older stereo Satisfaction on the German CD was different and stuff like that? I saw the link here a couple of times. It was from audio review or audi phile or something. Also, I thought the old Let It Bleed was ok - is it worth buying the Remaster?
[Edited by mattb]