ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Don't Stop" at the FleetCenter, Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Mindless Hero Worship" Return to archive
09-13-02 04:58 PM
Mother baby I just got meditating on this again the other night. Kind of a follow up to an old thread. I had answered part of a Jaxx quote to the effect that most people on the board are too "wise and jaded" to enter into that or something along those lines. I kind of had to disagree but I could only speak for myself obviously. What's wrong with it if you've got the "right" heros? I bought my first Stones record in 1965 or 66 when I was a kid, and if my memory doesn't fail me, I've entered into "hero worship" many times.

Actually I kind of thought that hero worship was half the fun of being a Stones fan!!!!!
[Edited by Mother baby]
09-13-02 05:06 PM
Maxlugar If you are going to have heroes, than The Rolling Stones are the ones to worship.

If you need anything else, I'll be right here working late unfortunately.

Maxy
09-13-02 05:09 PM
Riffhard Well,I don't know about all that Mother Baby,but,I do know this.Five times everyday I roll out my prayer rug(Stones tapestry)and I put my self in a prone position facing whatever direction The Stones happen to be playing that night.I then repeat a mantra over and over while I kowtow at least thirty times as Exile is turned up to titinitus volume.I wouldn't say I participate in idle hero worship though.

Al Hazi Riffhard Ala Mode
[Edited by Riffhard]
09-13-02 05:13 PM
Maxlugar Oh that's a great one Riffy.

What do you wear on your head?

Hey are your still spinning those platers right now?

Can you play Had IT With You for me? Even though I won't hear it, it'll make me fell good that the good people of Jersey will.

TIA.

M ack sy!
09-13-02 05:23 PM
Joey " If you need anything else, I'll be right here working late unfortunately. "

Me too Maxy !!!!!

Say ....I have an idea ...........................

Let's meet here in one hour :

http://facesandnames.citysearch.com/1.html

First round is on me !!!!!

Bunny

09-13-02 05:26 PM
Mother baby [quote]Riffhard wrote:
Five times everyday I roll out my prayer rug(Stones tapestry)and I put my self in a prone position facing whatever direction The Stones happen to be playing that night.I then repeat a mantra over and over while I kowtow at least thirty times as Exile is turned up to titinitus volume. I wouldn't say I participate in idle hero worship though.

Oh. You forgot to turn on the record player?
09-13-02 05:27 PM
sirmoonie Joey, thats friggin' awesome! Jude, remember her? Man, remember that time over at Jude's place? Walter's chick got up and she slapped Johhny's face. Man, we just feel about the place. If that chick don't wanna know, forget her!
09-13-02 05:29 PM
Riffhard Oh yeah Maxy,
I'm on right freaking now.Every M-F 3-7pm baby!Then I'm off to The Friendly Sons of the Shillielagh for several pints of Guinness!I'd love to play some Dirty Work for you but I just played Don't Stop!Fuck Yup!

Riffhard
09-13-02 07:55 PM
Jaxx LOLROTF. i'm howling. you are 2funny! i indicated that we too sophisticated around here for something as mere as hero worship. its not a blind adoration here. the archives of full of criticisms of lazy albums, lazy guitar players and other critiques. it doesn't come off as hero worship, to me, anyway.

sorry, i didn't mean to speak for everyone. lol. apparently compliments are taken as badly as flames...oh well.
09-13-02 08:08 PM
Pants Make the Man I don't understand what you're getting at, Mother baby. Listening to the Stones doesn't buy me toilet paper, if that's what you mean.
09-14-02 10:44 AM
Mother baby
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
lol. apparently compliments are taken as badly as flames...oh well.

Oh I hope I didn't take it badly, it was just some thoughts I had. I don't even take my own "hero worship" too seriously, in fact I've cut way down on it in recent years.

(also I didn't mean to put the frowny face up there, i put the dot on the wrong side)
[Edited by Mother baby]