ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Don't Stop" at the FleetCenter, Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Heard The Four Complete New Songs On The Radio Return to archive
09-11-02 11:08 PM
Soldatti Today in Buenos Aires one radio play the four new tunes in complete form:

My Favorites in order:

1- Keys To Your Love: The song begins a little weak but later the melodies are precious ("I Got The Secret Of Your Heart"), Ronnie play a beautiful slide solo and Mick sings back-up vocals in falsetto. I got problems in hear the Mick lyrics but in the Shidoobee board "Kep" make the dirty work:
I got the keys to your love
I got the secret of your heart
No matter were you go baby, when I'm to far from it
yeah uummmm naaaaaaaaa
I got the keys to your love
I got the secret of your heart
Keys to your love (repeats until the finish)

The song ends in the same form what "Brand New Set Of Rules" but repeating "Keys To Your Love" until the end. This song is very nostalgic and smell like a goodbye song.

2- Stealing My Heart: Great riff in the beginning and very good guitars interplay. Again Ronnie play another solo of slide but this is very long (Mick sing "Oh Yeah", "Ahh" during the solo), the acoustic guitars in the back make a good work. The chorus are:
Stealing My Heart
Stealing My Heart
Stealing My Heart
Stealing My Heart, yeeeeaaa...
this part is addictive to sing.

The song finish with a jam (and singing "Stealing My Heart", "Yeeaaa", "Stealing, Stealing, Stealing, Stealing My Heaaaaart!! oh yeah, come on") to fade-out. The time of the song is 3:39. Is the best rock song of the band in years, for me. Knowing the most of the fans in this board, this song surely will be the most lovely for all.

3- Losing My Touch: Well, a good Keith ballad, is a little more good of the two in "Bridges..." and is more short. The soul of the song is the piano and the slide guitar of Ronnie. Keith sing very relaxed and deep for me.

4- Don't Stop: I don't know why they choose this song for single when "Keys..." and "Stealing.." are much more better and more structured. The only good of this song is the catchy chorus of "Don't Stop" and the Keith riff. The band play this much better live than studio.
09-12-02 12:01 AM
Boomhauer Hopefully the future Stones studio album will have some great songs, too.

I've heard Don't Stop on rock station's almost everyday. I think people are really liking this song. I like it, like it, yes I do.

I've heard the 30 sec. clips of the other songs and I'd say I'm quite impressed.
09-12-02 02:08 PM
prism Ron plays the solo in Don't Stop, doesn't he?. That line in Keys is "No matter where you go we're not too far apart"