ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Don't Stop" at the FleetCenter, Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A moment for the victims of 9/11 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
09-11-02 11:08 AM
egon why is it so difficult for you people to just give the discussions a rest for today???

this is not the place for it, nor is it the time!

we all read the posts here and have the urge to reply.
i'm no different, but i will not do so today.

furthermore, if this threat goes out of hand (and it's starting to) it is probably going to be deleted.

and then not only the nasty ones messages will be gone, but so will the nice ones.

so come on, just today, please???
09-11-02 11:33 AM
sarah I would like to thank god for another chance at being alive, and I would like to take a step back and think of all of the innocent people that passed away today. Of course we cannot forget that in any other country this happens all the time, we have to think of them too. Let's not let our love go in Vain.
09-11-02 11:52 AM
Joey Indeed , may God bless the innocent victims who perished and comfort their families and friends .

My God also bless all of the primo booze and very expensive forty year old bottles of French wine that perished when the " World Trade Club " went down with the collapse of Tower One .

That is reason enough to kill every single one of those towel headed Taliban bastards .

Joey

09-11-02 12:40 PM
Pants Make the Man My heart really goes out to NYC relative's of victim's of this totally senseless, utterly evil act. Man, that's the greatest city on Earth! A short prayer, if I may: Dear Father in Heaven, I thank You, in your infinite wisdom, for not making me president of the United States, because You know and I know that if I were president, I would have nuked 3/4th's of the middle-east by now and anybody else that didn't like it. You know I would have gassed near-eastern non-Arabic countries (why though, Father, have we not yet engaged the middle-eastern, Arabic countries? When?) such as Pakistan and Indonesia too. Ditto eastern Africa. So again, I humbly thank You. God bless NYC (!), westerner's everywhere and "The World's Greatest Rock And Roll Band, The Rolling Stones!" And a special shout out to Israel and India! Don't let those turd burglar's get you down! Amen, Salom and Hallelujah.
09-11-02 01:18 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Pants Make the Man wrote:
My heart really goes out to NYC relative's of victim's of this totally senseless, utterly evil act. Man, that's the greatest city on Earth! A short prayer, if I may: Dear Father in Heaven, I thank You, in your infinite wisdom, for not making me president of the United States, because You know and I know that if I were president, I would have nuked 3/4th's of the middle-east by now and anybody else that didn't like it. You know I would have gassed near-eastern non-Arabic countries (why though, Father, have we not yet engaged the middle-eastern, Arabic countries? When?) such as Pakistan and Indonesia too. Ditto eastern Africa. So again, I humbly thank You. God bless NYC (!), westerner's everywhere and "The World's Greatest Rock And Roll Band, The Rolling Stones!" And a special shout out to Israel and India! Don't let those turd burglar's get you down! Amen, Salom and Hallelujah.

Very sensitive comments mate you should be ashamed of yourself.

We all remember the tragedy last year on this day, where we all were etc and I can just say that NYC and the victims of this disgusting act of murder, you are in our thoughts today.

Peace everyone

Mark

09-11-02 01:36 PM
Pants Make the Man I'm not ashamed of myself, Scot Rocks, buddy. But I DO thank God that I'm not the president of the United States because, well, see my previous post. Read between these line's: Oil mean's fuck all to me, compared to 3,200 innocent dead.
09-11-02 01:45 PM
jb Pants makes the man-you are 100% correct...you are courageous to post the truth!
09-11-02 01:53 PM
Scot Rocks I am not going continue this fruitless argument, on a day which is supposed to be about rememberance.

Mark
09-11-02 01:56 PM
Joey " Oil mean's fuck all to me "

Damn Straight my Brother .............read Daniel Yergin's book " The Prize " and discover why " Oil " is and always has been the shining light for everything our country says and does in this world .

Remember , as long as Papa Bush is alive , those Arabs will do as George W. wants them to do ..........

Word -- to your mother !

J . Diddy

09-11-02 02:00 PM
jb Joey. read "The secret war against the Jews" and you will see what Oil has done to form 20th century America.
09-11-02 02:37 PM
Joey Oil barons have bought off so damn many of our country's politicians ......LBJ and Nixon and the two
Bushies immediately come to mind ............I no longer care as long as I am completely sated in food , booze , coos and Stones !

Josh , If you get a chance , watch the PBS special " Why the Twin Towers Fell " tonight . The documentary shows the flawed design structure that puts to rest the canard that " It was a miracle that the buildings stood as long as they did . "

Bullshit - - the damn things had a 'drywall ' interior instead of a 'concrete ' interior . No wonder it only took a couple of years to construct two skyscrapers one hundred and ten stories tall . Jesus !!!!!!!!

" Tie me Up and call me Suzi Ronnie "

J . fly

09-11-02 02:53 PM
Mickjagger1963 RIP
09-11-02 03:12 PM
Maxlugar No Joey!

It's that exoskeleton design that enabled those towers to stand after they were hit.

The fact that the steel melted and the trusses slipped is what made the thing fall. And the fact that it fell in such a controlled manner and didn't tip over and take out 20 more buildings is further proof. Why do you think one plane came down from the North and the other from the South? They wanted to tip those towers over in opposite directions and cause them to take out tons of other buildings.

Those damn things made me proud to be a New Yorker. We would all talk about them as kids as they were going up.

Now those smelly, retarded, bearded, sand licking, cave dwelling, in front of a camp fire circle jerking, praying to Allah 40 times a daying, camel scrotum nibbling, exploding in public places planning, entire cities made of mud dwelling, three rocks for a stereo system cranking, warlord adoring, Genie in a friggin' lamp caressing, Ali Baba babbling, flying carpet piloting, sons of bitches took them away!

It isn't right.

Maxy!
09-11-02 03:30 PM
jb On the IORR cite, I found Mathijs comments personally offensive!
09-11-02 03:36 PM
Miss U. Hope this day passes smoothly for everyone. Canadians are in fear too.
Jagger's voice is my security blanket...

http://www.funstun.com/think_it_over.swf
09-11-02 03:38 PM
marcus aurelianus To David and others :

I do not hate the Americans .I have some good friends in ...
New York !

Again , I was deeply shocked about the events of 11th september .Listen to a foreigner sometimes , it could
enable you to see other facts .

I know it's a special day for you Americans .So I won't develop today . We'll discuss the facts later , if you still wish .

May ALL the victims rest in peace .
09-11-02 03:38 PM
jb Most beautiful and poignant!
I was referring to Miss U's post.
[Edited by jb]
Also, no disrespect, but your(Europe) point of view has led to 2 World Wars and the deaths of 100's of millions. Europeans have a thing for genocides!
[Edited by jb]
09-11-02 03:50 PM
Miss U.
quote:

Also, no disrespect, but your(Europe) point of view has led to 2 World Wars and the deaths of 100's of millions. Europeans have a thing for genocides!
[Edited by jb]

Who are you talking to????
09-11-02 03:51 PM
jb Marcus
09-11-02 04:00 PM
Moonisup Yes indeed, we europeans have had the strange desire to start wars, and then asking for help cos we can't win it! I ain't talking about holland here cos we tried to stay neutral 2 times! Don't call us cowards, but we're to small do anything, that's is why holland is an us-supporting country, we are realistic enough to see that we can't do things on our when we are at war, their are other great things we can do, but not fighting a war on our own!!!

rik
09-11-02 04:02 PM
Joey " It's that exoskeleton design that enabled those towers to stand after they were hit "

The PBS documentary , which is on tonight and is a MUST SEE by the way , states that the towers were designed to withstand a Boeing 707 ( The largest aircraft at that time ) crashing into the side of them .

However , the engineers used drywall to cover the interior core steel skeleton and not concrete . The drywall is very weak on a good day and simply collapsed as the planes rammed into the upper floors . The fires melted the interior core superstructure and the trusses collapsed , causing the floors to pancake .

Oh Hell ,the point is moot ! What is really tragic is that the Lower Manhattan Skyline now looks exactly like downtown Cleveland or Kansas City . Sad !!!!!!

09-11-02 04:08 PM
sonicrock RIP
09-11-02 04:20 PM
David
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Yes indeed, we europeans have had the strange desire to start wars, and then asking for help cos we can't win it! I ain't talking about holland here cos we tried to stay neutral 2 times! Don't call us cowards, but we're to small do anything, that's is why holland is an us-supporting country, we are realistic enough to see that we can't do things on our when we are at war, their are other great things we can do, but not fighting a war on our own!!!

rik

Heineken. Thanks. I prefer guiness but am willing to settle for a heineken. thanks, holland, for your Heineken.
09-11-02 04:30 PM
Moonisup Heineken yeah and bikes. You can use your bike go get some Heineken, that is why we invented the bike!!
09-11-02 04:42 PM
Moonisup I just a the most beautiful documentary about the 9-11 heroes, the firefighters!! It brought tears to my eyes!!!!
09-11-02 04:44 PM
Pants Make the Man "The Prize"? I'll have to look into that, young Joey. About your avatar- I know that guy! A very charming fellow, if I do say so myself! God bless NYC and P-e-a-c-e O-u-t
09-11-02 04:48 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! "If it's one thing that we've learned, you don't fuck with New York!
Mick Jagger

RIP
09-11-02 07:01 PM
Gazza T>he attacks on the WTC are a tragedy which should be remembered. But in Northern-Ireland twice as much people are murdered over the last decade, and I for one have never lit a candle for the Irish poeple.

Thats actually factually inaccurate even though I thank you for your concern. The total since 1969 is approximately 3,700 - the vast majority of which were in the 1970's and 1980's. Since 1994,the total has thankfully been relatively small,although of course ONE death is one too many. To get it into perspective,thats only a few hundred more in 33 years than the number of people killed in America a year ago in the space of a couple of hours.

This isnt a time to use a simple thread of remembrance into another exercise in "what-about-ery" and sabre-rattling etc. as some people have chosen to do. To do so IMO is an insult to the memory of a terrible crime committed against innocent people and an atrocity which I know personally affected many people who use this board. That's what this thread and the candle on the top of the page is about today after all, even if its correct to say that no-one anywhere warrants a terrorist attack like this. Lets keep the politics out of the thread and concentrate on the humanitarian aspect of today's anniversary. If anything,it should be a symbol for all of us that it mustnt happen again.
09-11-02 08:22 PM
glencar NBC is showing some of my fellow air trafic controllers & what they saw on 9-11.
09-11-02 08:32 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Gazza wrote:
T>he attacks on the WTC are a tragedy which should be remembered. But in Northern-Ireland twice as much people are murdered over the last decade, and I for one have never lit a candle for the Irish poeple.

Thats actually factually inaccurate even though I thank you for your concern. The total since 1969 is approximately 3,700 - the vast majority of which were in the 1970's and 1980's. Since 1994,the total has thankfully been relatively small,although of course ONE death is one too many. To get it into perspective,thats only a few hundred more in 33 years than the number of people killed in America a year ago in the space of a couple of hours.

This isnt a time to use a simple thread of remembrance into another exercise in "what-about-ery" and sabre-rattling etc. as some people have chosen to do. To do so IMO is an insult to the memory of a terrible crime committed against innocent people and an atrocity which I know personally affected many people who use this board. That's what this thread and the candle on the top of the page is about today after all, even if its correct to say that no-one anywhere warrants a terrorist attack like this. Lets keep the politics out of the thread and concentrate on the humanitarian aspect of today's anniversary. If anything,it should be a symbol for all of us that it mustnt happen again.

...Difference is Gazza; The Irish kill one another! And all though I feel Britain should have left it long ago They learn nothing. 9/11 was perpetrated by an outside influence, and over 3,000 people dying in one day is unfathomable to the 21st century mindset.
Page: 1 2 3