ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Don't Stop" at the FleetCenter, Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A moment for the victims of 9/11 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
09-10-02 11:10 PM
gypsymofo60 It's a little after midday here in Eastern Australia, and I'd like to take a minute to think about the victims, and their families and friends.......................
09-10-02 11:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl That's why we put that header, RIP all those innocent victims of such a fucking coward murder, and for nothing.
09-10-02 11:59 PM
Martha Thank you for posting such an appropriate header everyone.

May the familes, and friends of the victims be graced with support, peace and love on this very difficult day. I can't imagine having lost someone in this horrendous way.

I almost rather not remember it happened. But appreciate the candle's gentle reminder.

May everyone here at Rock's Off be blessed today and everyday.

PEACE TO ALL,
april

09-11-02 12:08 AM
Scottfree RIP
09-11-02 02:08 AM
marcus aurelianus Yes , rest in peace all the innocent victims :
those who died on 11th september 2001 . Yes , it was horrendous .I 'll never forget what I saw .

But I 'd ALSO like to take a minute for all those innocents Killed by the U.S army : Dresde , Hiroshima , Nagazaki , Irak(700 000 children died because of the embargo imposed by the U.S), Lybia , Grenade ,and SO ON ...

May ALL of YOU REST IN PEACE .

I dedicate this post to J.B

" Don't play with fire "

09-11-02 02:41 AM
gypsymofo60 There is always somebody who has to start protracting every enth degree isn't there?...My original post had nothing to do with religion, or politics, or who's right, who's wrong. I'm not going to get into a slagging match over this topic because it is still too raw, but if certain people can't just let these people have this one day of the year, then all I can say is you should be pitied rather than chastised; That is a totaly unecessary reply, especially on this day.
09-11-02 05:55 AM
Moonisup Let's think att all people who died a meaningless death, no mather what religion ore race

rik
09-11-02 06:13 AM
Mathijs Maybe this day should be a day to remember all casualties of conflicts: America vs. Al-Quida, the Bask Nation vs. Spain, Israel vs. Palastine, the people in Zimbabwe suffering from Mugabe's regime, the people in Nepal suffering from the Chinese occupation, and probably dozens more conflicts.

The attacks on the WTC are a tragedy which should be remembered. But in Northern-Ireland twice as much people are murdered over the last decade, and I for one have never lit a candle for the Irish poeple.

Mathijs

09-11-02 06:23 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Please don't switch to politics, PLEASE.

If we are going to put candles to remember every event with more than 1,000 victims, we are not to have stones headers anymore.

Yes, events like this had happened and happens every day and everywhere. Sorry if the omision of headers for other events upsets someone.

BTW, the people from Northern Irleand are not Irish, they are British
09-11-02 07:11 AM
Soul Survivor Osama Bin Fuckin' Laden can go fuck his self. I am fortunate I was in no way injured on September 11, but sympathy goes out to the innocent victoms. They just showed up for work, and then they lose their lives. It's so fucked up. And it's so sad.
09-11-02 07:32 AM
Maxlugar But I 'd ALSO like to take a minute for all those innocents Killed by the U.S army resde , Hiroshima , Nagazaki , Irak(700 000 children died because of the embargo imposed by the U.S), Lybia , Grenade ,and SO ON ...

Cultural relativism at it's worst.

Before you start hinting that the United States in equally to blame for these atrocities, you should think about this: No other country in the history of the world has and the military power the U.S. has had. And no other country in the history of the world has shown the restraint in using this power. It is unprecedented!

So smack a camel jockey upside the head today for me, will ya?

TIA! (Thanks In Advance)

Maxy!
09-11-02 07:44 AM
egon i understand the reactions of some of you that say
"and what about...?"

but today IS the 11th of september.

We have a lot of americans on this board, and i can understand that is is a difficult and tragic day for them.

So let this be their day, without us starting a discussion.

I wish peace and happiness for EVERYONE in this world,
but today just a bit of extra strength for our american friends.

egon.
09-11-02 07:59 AM
Moonisup Well egon, I agree with you. We all know what happened last year, and we all know some strange things are happening now. BUT this is not the PLACE and TIME to discus it!!
Please everyone, have some sympathy with our americans, and let's not discus politics, the tour is on, so no time for foreign politics. Let us think of all the little children who haven't got any parents, ore the parents who will survive their children, in the US and all over the world!!

let's drink to the hard working people
let's drink to the good not the evil
[Edited by Moonisup]
09-11-02 08:49 AM
Sir Stonesalot I work in Emergency Services. And what I am about to do is something that should be universally accepted. Today, thank a cop, or a fireman, or an EMT, or an emergency dispatcher...and tell 'em that you appreciate what they do.

My heart is with the guys in the fire houses, the precinct stations, the ERs, the Comm Centers. They lost close to 500 brothers and sisters. And all they were trying to do was save just one more soul....
09-11-02 09:00 AM
nankerphelge I keep thinking about the kids that lost parents. We have some in our school whose parents were killed at the Pentagon. It tough enough to understand this whole thing armed with the knowledge that most of us have. But the kids don't have that foundation to help rationalize the irrational. All they know is mom or dad (or both) doesn't come home anymore. That is so sad...
09-11-02 09:07 AM
Maxlugar Yes SS'y. So true.

Also, we should thank our brave men of the military who are currently tracking down these rats, one by one, and killing them.

Bless you!

Maxy!
09-11-02 09:17 AM
ASDEGUIA [quote]Mathijs wrote:
Maybe this day should be a day to remember all casualties of conflicts: America vs. Al-Quida, the Bask Nation vs. Spain, Israel vs. Palastine, the people in Zimbabwe suffering from Mugabe's regime, the people in Nepal suffering from the Chinese occupation, and probably dozens more conflicts.

The attacks on the WTC are a tragedy which should be remembered. But in Northern-Ireland twice as much people are murdered over the last decade, and I for one have never lit a candle for the Irish poeple.

Mathijs

HI , just inform you: Bask Nation , is Vasque Country (north spain�s region) where live many many good people with a small number of ....all we know already.

09-11-02 09:21 AM
gypsymofo60 Maxy,.....You are fucking priceless my son! I tip my hat! "camel jockeys" hahahahahaha! what a gem!
09-11-02 09:28 AM
jb May god bless the innocent victims who perished and comfort their families and friends during this most painful day of remembrance.
09-11-02 09:56 AM
Riffhard Rip to all the victims of these barbaric animals who in an act of idiological idiocy woke a sleeping giant.We shall smite them in their caves,we will smite them in their palaces that they built with the oil money they got from the very innocents they slaughtered,we shall smite them under any rocks they crawl,and ANYONE who thinks we don't have the duty a right and obligation to free the world of muderous bastards like these can kiss our collective asses.

There is much more I could say,such as The United States gives more humanitarian aid than any other country by more than five fold,but I won't bother now.

Get the point marcus!!!

It's our National day of mourning and remeberance.Let us have with out the judgmental BS!!!!!

Riffhard
No more will be said by me!

[Edited by Riffhard]
09-11-02 10:15 AM
marcus aurelianus To Maxlugar :

Sorry , but I don't agree with you .
Who gave weapons to the Talibans in the nineties ?
Who enabled the Talibanes to go on power in the eighties/nineties ? And why ?
America played with fire . Don't be blind , Maxlugar .

Do believe me I'm sorry for what happened on 11th Sept.01.
I pray for ALL victims , those Americans killed in New York,
Washington and Pennsylvania .BUT ALSO for those , not killed by the American peoples , but by the American rulers
for decades .

This was my last post about that subject .
09-11-02 10:22 AM
jb There is no place for politics today...we are mourning the deaths of men, woman, and children who are but for the grace of god. Nothing else matters...please keep politics out of this discussion...These people were simply innocent victims of terror who did nothing to deserve this!
09-11-02 10:25 AM
gypsymofo60 The Taliban are originaly Pakistani, and for a long time backed by Pakistan, nothing to do with America! I'm glad you are sorry for what happened, but making excuses for that gutless act defies reason , and logic. If these people you defend are so in need of your support I suggest you take up arms in their cause eh? Go live in Iraq, though I should avoid the northern regions, I hear there is always the likelyhood of VX precipitation, emanating from those poor hard done by Saddamites.
09-11-02 10:32 AM
glencar Dear God in Heaven, please help the families of the 9-11 victims. This is surely a tough day for them.

I agree with most of what Voodoo Chile writes but remember that the people of Northern Ireland are half Irish. Soon they'll be free.
09-11-02 10:46 AM
Richard Hurrah 911: isn't that the emergency phone number in the States ?
09-11-02 10:48 AM
jaggedstone hey marcus..go fuck yourself...love it or leave it asshole!
09-11-02 10:57 AM
Maxlugar It's debatable if they were "Taliban" back in the 80's (not the 90's) but we armed them to save them from Soviet domination. And this is how they repay us?

We play with fire because we have to. No one else is gonna to the heavy lifting in this world. I wish we didn't. Then Europe would have to fund a military instead of welfare. Then the world will grow up.

I hope I get home alive tonight.......

Developing........
09-11-02 10:59 AM
David Marcus would never let anything like the truth stand in the way of his hatred of the United States. There's no arguing with this type of ignorance. It is beyond reason.
09-11-02 11:01 AM
glencar I think some Euros on this thread are confusing the Mujahadeen who we armed in the 80s with the Taliban which came about in the 90s. Was there cross-membership? Most likely. But none of this has anything to do with lessening the loss of 3000 good people one year ago today. Grow up, jerks!
09-11-02 11:05 AM
David
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think some Euros on this thread are confusing the Mujahadeen who we armed in the 80s with the Taliban which came about in the 90s. Was there cross-membership? Most likely. But none of this has anything to do with lessening the loss of 3000 good people one year ago today. Grow up, jerks!

Facts???
Damn You!!! Marcus will still hate the U.S. regardless of your petty facts!
Page: 1 2 3