ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
Ian, Bobby and Rogerriffin - Mexico City
© and special thanks to Tzonistac!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC/DC - Let There Be Rock Return to archive
12th September 2006 11:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The Story Of AC/DC Is On The Way

AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

by Paul Cashmer
undercover.com
September 12 2006

Rock journalist Susan Masino has written the definitive AC/DC book ‘Let There Be Rock: The Story of AC/DC’.
Masino, a journo of 29 years, first met the band in 1977 and has remained friends ever since.

The book traces the start of the band in Sydney, Australia and the tragic death of Bon Scott in 1980. It continues with the resurrection of the band under Brian Johnson with the ‘Back In Black’ album and brings fans up to date with the Acca Dacca story in the 21st Century.

Masino’s previous works include ‘Famous Wisconsin Musicians’ and ‘Rock and Roll Fantasy: My Life and Times with AC/DC, Van Halen and Kiss’.
She also appeared in the 2003 DVD ‘Van Halen: The Early Years”.
The book will be released next month through Omnibus Press.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
13th September 2006 09:13 AM
Pierre Thanks...

If you like ACDC...

http://www.highwaytoacdc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7587
13th September 2006 10:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Pierre wrote:
Thanks...

OK. But this blurb is not much of a plug for the book though.

13th September 2006 12:16 PM
F505 Overrated bullshit
13th September 2006 12:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
F505 wrote:
Overrated bullshit

The book or the band?
13th September 2006 12:53 PM
F505 The band!
13th September 2006 01:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
F505 wrote:
The band!

Oh well go play your ABBA records. Bad Taste doesn't know national boundaries. Euros never did understand rock n roll.
13th September 2006 02:14 PM
F505
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Oh well go play your ABBA records. Bad Taste doesn't know national boundaries. Euros never did understand rock n roll.

You are right: ACDC is even worse than ABBA!!!
13th September 2006 02:36 PM
Pierre Remember TORONTO 2003 ?
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/A/Acdc/2003/08/01/742719.html

'AC/DC stole the show'

By JOHN KRYK

In yesterday's Sun we asked SARS-Stock concert-goers what they thought of the show -- just the music.
Almost every respondent echoed what Sun music critic Jane Stevenson wrote yesterday: That AC/DC was the most electrifying act of the day.

Thanks to everyone for sending us your thoughts. Herewith, a sampling:

More than seven hours after the show began, AC/DC came out and brought the house down. People were wailing on air guitars, singing aloud, dousing each other with water, clapping their hands to the songs and honouring an old concert tradition by throwing toilet paper in the air. Nearly half a million people, who were drained and tired thanks to the blistering sun, got up in unison and gave it all they had -- just as the Aussie rockers had done. In one of the biggest concerts in music history, AC/DC upstaged them all. For rocking out like that, we salute you.

-- Cory Smith

One word to sum up the Stones' performance: Anti-climax. Someone should have told their sound crew that being able to hear the guitars is a good thing. Instead, the glaring technical difficulties ruined the set. But give the Stones credit for at least trying to make the best of a bad situation. In the end, though, AC/DC completely stole the show.

-- Dan Logan

Wow, that was a pretty crazy time at Downsview. The Guess Who rocked, and AC/DC was the best act I think I've ever witnessed at a concert. They ROCKED! Wow, Dirty Deeds, Thunderstruck and TNT as well as Shook Me All Night Long -- they rocked the house and stole the show. The Stones could have been better and it didn't help that everybody was exhausted and wanted to leave. This concert rocked.

-- Chad Erickson

Excellent show. Disappointment: Skydivers, Justin Timberlake. Surprise: Sam Roberts rocked, and Mike Bullard actually was funny for once. Worth the wait: The Stones were okay, but AC/DC stole the show.

-- Paul Schaffner

Everyone was awesome -- yes, even Justin Timberlake (shame on those bottle-bashers). But the fun really began with Rush. As usual they sounded great. Then AC/DC rocked the place -- at that point there was no more sitting down. The Stones were the cherry on the sundae, which made for pure satisfaction. Bravo to everyone, and I mean everyone.

-- Susie Ferreira

That was the greatest concert ever! Now I can understand how the people at Woodstock felt.

-- Chris Bell

All the bands were great, but AC/DC blew everyone away. The Stones are still and always will be the greatest roll 'n' roll band in the world. I was very, very disappointed in the way some of the fans disrespected Justin Timberlake. That is not T.O. But I will never forget last night!

-- Dan Croll

The crowd and bands were amazing. The Guess Who and AC/DC rock! The only downside was what happened to Justin Timberlake. He showed Toronto respect and deserved it in return. Thanks for an awesome day, Toronto!

-- Wayne and Janet Harju

I am 55 and my wife of 28 years, Brenda, is 53. We're from Niagara Falls, Ont., and we attended the concert. The Guess Who rocked with guitarist Randy Bachman. AC/DC guitarist Angus Young got the crowd going, and the Rolling Stones put on all the finishing touches. The rest were okay in their own right.

-- Ed Helinski Sr.

Yes, AC/DC was awesome. Had I seen only The Guess Who, Rush and AC/DC I would have been happy. But the Stones were a blast. Jagger is the best frontman in rock. The guitar-cam on Ron Wood was fantastic, and the pyro show during Sympathy For The Devil was awesome. The Stones rocked my world and I could not understand the people leaving.

-- Kim Maggiacomo

Arriving later in the day due to having to work midnights, we could hear the Isley Brothers walking up the Allen after parking at Yorkdale. It sounded pretty good from even far off. Next up was Blue Rodeo, and they sounded really good but really didn't get that good of a response from where we were. Justin Timberlake was god-awful, but you have to admire his determination to at least help out with the concert. The Guess Who and Rush were excellent. AC/DC rocked everyone. Had to leave to go to work before the Stones came on, but they sounded good on the radio.

-- Jason Thompson

It was aaaaaaaaaaaaaall good.

-- Valeria Campagna

Angus! Angus!! What can I say? AC/DC did it again, proving they can still make you feel tingly inside (evident by the amount of boobs flashed on the screen). As for the Stones, despite the 30-second lull between each song they put on a hell of a show for 60-year-olds.

-- Alison Currie

SARS-Stock was an unbelievable experience that I will never forget. AC/DC definitely gets my vote for the best rocking band. Their onstage act was second to none. All the acts, except those Flaming Lip tumours, helped to bridge not only the generation gap, but the gap of mis-information about Toronto and Canada.

-- Sean Harvey

AC/DC! Front row, nothing but electric! Toronto is rolling now cause of the Stones. And what a Rush! La Chicane who? Justin on the bill? What a waste. Where were The Hip? A good day for Canada, a great day for Toronto. And Toronto Sun, you rock -- nice coverage!

-- Ryan Elms

Awesome. Perfect, perfect, perfect. A fantastic job by all the bands. They were great, and all of us who were there are going down in rock-concert history.

-- Veronique Fournier

AC/DC was awesome, just perfect! The Guess Who got the crowd rocking. Justin Timberlake sucked, and so did La Chicane. Blue Rodeo could have played more. The Stones, of course, are one of a kind. Most of all, I enjoyed AC/DC.

-- Dale Patton

Being there all day and seeing all the different artists perform was great, but AC/DC stole the show. They were fantastic!

-- Diane Little

[Edited by Pierre]
13th September 2006 02:37 PM
glencar Howe many trees will die for this monstrosity????
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)