ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
Ian, Bobby and Rogerriffin - Mexico City
© and special thanks to Tzonistac!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Faces reunion Return to archive
12th September 2006 02:38 PM
GimmeExile ROD STEWART PLANNING A FACES REUNION

He's turned down offers from former bandmates KENNEY JONES and RON WOOD before, but ROD STEWART is apparently scheming to get THE FACES back together after thirty years apart. "It'd be great to put the band together for charity, a one-off event," Stewart told Billboard.com. "Ronnie is always up for it, so is [keyboardist] IAN [McLAGAN] and Kenney. We'd just need to find ourselves a bass player." (Former Faces bassist RONNIE LANE succumbed to a long-term battle with multiple sclerosis in 1997.) Although he's encouraged by Stewart's statement, McLagan isn't getting his hopes up: "Rod talks about it, but he never does anything about it. He'd enjoy it ... but I think he wouldn't want to split the money like we used to. He could make me a millionaire in three weeks if he wanted," he said.
12th September 2006 03:02 PM
Nellcote At least MAC is still showing his wit, after losing his wife in that tragic accident. His statement is so true, Rod's taken this band down this reunion road before. Probably because he's dropping his "rock standards" lp next month...
12th September 2006 03:26 PM
mojoman
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
ROD STEWART PLANNING A FACES REUNION

He's turned down offers from former bandmates KENNEY JONES and RON WOOD before, but ROD STEWART is apparently scheming to get THE FACES back together after thirty years apart. "It'd be great to put the band together for charity, a one-off event," Stewart told Billboard.com. "Ronnie is always up for it, so is [keyboardist] IAN [McLAGAN] and Kenney. We'd just need to find ourselves a bass player." (Former Faces bassist RONNIE LANE succumbed to a long-term battle with multiple sclerosis in 1997.) Although he's encouraged by Stewart's statement, McLagan isn't getting his hopes up: "Rod talks about it, but he never does anything about it. He'd enjoy it ... but I think he wouldn't want to split the money like we used to. He could make me a millionaire in three weeks if he wanted," he said.

bass player? what about tetsu?
12th September 2006 04:04 PM
gustavobala
quote:
mojoman wrote:

bass player? what about tetsu?

i tought the same...

will be great if faces would be back....but i don´t if this reaLLy will be happen!!!!!
12th September 2006 05:23 PM
Saint Sway who are they going to get to play guitar????
12th September 2006 05:34 PM
Dan Just what we need, another scab reunion. This would be cool with a Time Machine.
12th September 2006 07:10 PM
Gazza Havent either Rod or Ronnie said this every 3 months for about the last 12 years now?
12th September 2006 08:19 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Havent either Rod or Ronnie said this every 3 months for about the last 12 years now?

To paraphrase the title of the Rod/Ronnie project that's hanging fire, They Don't Strum, We Still Wait.
12th September 2006 10:45 PM
M.O.W.A.T. This would go a long way to re-establishing Rod's rock 'n' roll credibility. Come on and do it, Rod! Show some balls (and by that I mean 'testicular fortitude' not soccer balls!) and do a proper tour. I would love to see the Faces!
13th September 2006 12:07 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
who are they going to get to play guitar????

No kidding! It's one thing when Ronnie is 2nd retard on a Stones tour, but on a Faces tour in 2006? They'd need 3 backup guitarists to create the illusion.
13th September 2006 12:19 AM
voodoopug
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
This would go a long way to re-establishing Rod's rock 'n' roll credibility. Come on and do it, Rod! Show some balls (and by that I mean 'testicular fortitude' not soccer balls!) and do a proper tour. I would love to see the Faces!

Rod has nothing to prove, his songbook series/tour has been extremely profitable!!
13th September 2006 12:29 AM
Lethargy
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
This would go a long way to re-establishing Rod's rock 'n' roll credibility. Come on and do it, Rod! Show some balls (and by that I mean 'testicular fortitude' not soccer balls!) and do a proper tour. I would love to see the Faces!

No way, it's too late. Rod hasn't rocked in 30 years. He can't even pretend he still rocks - or even gives a crap - any more.

And oh yeah, he's another one of those artists of integrity who has pre-announced a "farewell tour" and then gone on to tour many times again.

Rod is an ass.
13th September 2006 03:18 AM
RedlandsRodge "Mick's everything a rock 'n' roll singer should be, but I can sing the pants off him" - Rod Stewart 1974

keep visiting http://www.world-of-keith-richards.piczo.com

[Edited by RedlandsRodge]
13th September 2006 06:31 PM
sammy davis jr. Hell I could play bass for those louts. Pass the gin Woody.
13th September 2006 11:48 PM
Lethargy
quote:
RedlandsRodge wrote:
"Mick's everything a rock 'n' roll singer should be, but I can sing the pants off him" - Rod Stewart 1974

keep visiting http://www.world-of-keith-richards.piczo.com

[Edited by RedlandsRodge]

Congratulations, Rod - you were good in 1974. That was 32 years ago. Since then, you've done nothing but lame ballads, disco, cover tunes, and in-advance-announced 'farewell' tours many times. You are a DICK, sir.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)