ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
Ian, Bobby and Rogerriffin - Mexico City
© and special thanks to Tzonistac!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MLH appreciation thread Return to archive
12th September 2006 10:18 AM
Saint Sway "what a drag it is getting old" INDEED!

MOTHERS LITTLE HELPER baby!!

such a great song. One of their best. Yet never performed live! (Gazza please consult your ouija board for confirmation)

I hope this is one of the songs that they are currently busy rehearsing for the Wide Open Fall Tour - its a tune they could easily still pull off and both the diehards and the casual fans would appreciate and love to hear
12th September 2006 10:26 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I hope this is one of the songs that they are currently busy rehearsing for the Wide Open Fall Tour - its a tune they could easily still pull off and both the diehards and the casual fans would appreciate and love to hear

It's a great song, but I can't picture Jagger singing "what a drag it is getting old" now! It was way easier while he was in his twenties and it all seemed like a tiny little dot lost in the horizon
12th September 2006 10:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
"what a drag it is getting old" INDEED!

MOTHERS LITTLE HELPER baby!!

such a great song. One of their best. Yet never performed live! (Gazza please consult your ouija board for confirmation)

My ouija board indicates that it has been played live

http://rocksoff.org/releasedsongsneverperformed.htm

However, as it was only ever performed on the US and UK tours from June to October 1966, it may as well not have been

Youre right - everyone would know it, and as it was a big hit, theres no real reason for its lengthy absence.

Cant see it happening, though!
12th September 2006 10:43 AM
Saint Sway MLF would of fit in perfect at those amazing Paradisio shows they did for the Stripped album
12th September 2006 10:44 AM
Zeeta It's quite a tough, hard and fast song as well. I really dig it...
12th September 2006 11:58 AM
Some Guy It could very well bring sexy back.
12th September 2006 12:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
It could very well bring sexy back.

will it appear on the Sacred Sin soundtrack?
12th September 2006 12:30 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

will it appear on the Sacred Sin soundtrack?

humiliationness.
13th September 2006 11:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well compared to the Beatles songs on the charts at the time........................

I don't think MLH hit #1 did it. Don't think so but....

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
13th September 2006 12:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Well compared to the Beatles songs on the charts at the time........................

I don't think MLH hit #1 did it. Don't think so but....

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

HTW did hit #1....only to be knocked off the slot by Sugar Sugar .....Viva the Archies!
13th September 2006 12:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well if I had to get knocked out of number one, I suppose. The Stones couldn't have felt too bad. That was a good song.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)