ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
Ian, Bobby and Rogerriffin - Mexico City
© and special thanks to Tzonistac!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cool find...Jagger's best solo song? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th September 2006 10:44 PM
Throwaway
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
That is a great find, nice work Throwawayie.

Thanks. But yea, MJ touring separately, while there were good songs, totally not cool. When I listen to boots of him playing Stones songs, while the musicians may be technically brilliant (see Satch, Jeff Beck), the songs themselves are missing that Keith touch. I mean, listen to him play CYHMK from Australia, and you'll know..totally sterile, flat sounding. I never thought there could be a bad version of that song, but the 80's touch did it!
12th September 2006 07:37 AM
Mel Belli Got2RollMe, do you have "Have You Seen Your Mother" from Webster Hall?
12th September 2006 07:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mahatma Kane Jeeves wrote:
Ruthless People was a good tune IMO

It was. Although the non-LP b-side "I'm Ringing" was even better.
12th September 2006 08:48 AM
Throwaway Gottorollme-

Why thank you!
12th September 2006 09:40 AM
Green Tea Jagger's solo work is very underrated.
12th September 2006 11:30 AM
Egbert
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:

Does anyone really wnat to hear a nearly 70 year old Mick Jagger sing about "putting a gun right in your face" or talk about his "cock" in Rough Justice?

That is why Dylan has the #1 record in the US right now. He is not trying to be anything but Bob Dylan. Mick (espically w/ the Stones) feels he must play a certain part. And I think the public can see through this.

I'd be far more interested in hearing the Stones be the Stones in 2006/2007. Not what they think the public wants them to be.

I hear what you're saying about Gunface, but songs like Already Over Me, Always Suffering, and ASMB aren't at all like that.
12th September 2006 11:35 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

Thanks. But yea, MJ touring separately, while there were good songs, totally not cool. When I listen to boots of him playing Stones songs, while the musicians may be technically brilliant (see Satch, Jeff Beck), the songs themselves are missing that Keith touch. I mean, listen to him play CYHMK from Australia, and you'll know..totally sterile, flat sounding. I never thought there could be a bad version of that song, but the 80's touch did it!

Jagger did CYHMK on his solo tour??? Very interesting.
12th September 2006 12:42 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Jagger did CYHMK on his solo tour??? Very interesting.

That's where the harmonica solo came from...
12th September 2006 12:46 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Does anyone really wnat to hear a nearly 70 year old Mick Jagger sing about "putting a gun right in your face" or talk about his "cock" in Rough Justice?

That is why Dylan has the #1 record in the US right now. He is not trying to be anything but Bob Dylan. Mick (espically w/ the Stones) feels he must play a certain part. And I think the public can see through this.

I'd be far more interested in hearing the Stones be the Stones in 2006/2007. Not what they think the public wants them to be.

I'd like to agree, but it's just not the case that Dylan is more popular with the public right now. With critics, I'll grant you. Dylan got lucky with a relatively slow sales week. "Modern Times" will drop precipitously down the charts, just like his last critically acclaimed releases. (Which says nothing about how good it is.)
12th September 2006 01:01 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

That's where the harmonica solo came from...

I don't get it. What do you mean?
12th September 2006 01:11 PM
Mel Belli Mick first did a harmonica lead on CYHMK on the solo tour, and resurrected it for Stones '02.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
12th September 2006 01:20 PM
sirmoonie Gotcha. Tx, Melvin.
12th September 2006 02:26 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Got2RollMe, do you have "Have You Seen Your Mother" from Webster Hall?

I'll cut it and upload it today. I also need to fix the sync on "Evening Gown." Dunno how it got so screwed up. Glad you guys enjoyed it!
12th September 2006 02:58 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If you say its "Lets Work", I am going to get on a plane in the morning, go over there and personally kick your ass!

Nope, nope, nope! Although airfare IS cheap right now...

The song I had in mind was "Say You Will." I saw the video & I believe I taped it off MTV "back in the day" but I have no idea where it is now...Love to see it again.
12th September 2006 03:01 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Gotcha. Tx, Melvin.

Sorry for the vagueness!
12th September 2006 03:01 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nope, nope, nope! Although airfare IS cheap right now...

The song I had in mind was "Say You Will." I saw the video & I believe I taped it off MTV "back in the day" but I have no idea where it is now...Love to see it again.

good call.
12th September 2006 03:02 PM
glencar Bring it on!
12th September 2006 03:02 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I'll cut it and upload it today. I also need to fix the sync on "Evening Gown." Dunno how it got so screwed up. Glad you guys enjoyed it!

If I were Joey, I'd say something about wanting to nuzzle you.
12th September 2006 04:49 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Thanks GotToRollMe!! Right up there with Party Doll in my book!!!
12th September 2006 08:42 PM
GotToRollMe Here's Mick doing "Evening Gown" with the sync corrected (as good as I could get it, anyway). Enjoy!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
12th September 2006 09:16 PM
Throwaway Two questions regarding WS:
Whos the guitar player w/ the acoustic in Evening Gown?
and is Brendan Obrien from WS the same O'brien from the Crowes first album?
12th September 2006 09:56 PM
GotToRollMe This one's for Mel Belli.

Mick doing "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby" at Webster Hall in '93:

13th September 2006 08:06 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
This one's for Mel Belli.

Mick doing "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby" at Webster Hall in '93:

You're the best!
13th September 2006 08:07 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Two questions regarding WS:
Whos the guitar player w/ the acoustic in Evening Gown?
and is Brendan Obrien from WS the same O'brien from the Crowes first album?

Jimmy Ripp and yes.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
13th September 2006 09:18 AM
Throwaway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Jimmy Ripp and yes.
[Edited by Mel Belli]

Thanks. So THATS who plays those sizzlin leads...
13th September 2006 10:56 AM
trevcourt State of Shock
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)