ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
Ian, Bobby and Rogerriffin - Mexico City
© and special thanks to Tzonistac!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith arrived to shoot Pirates Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th September 2006 12:42 AM
MidnightRambler "Pirates" sequel third-biggest film of all time

Sun Sep 10, 4:46 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The swashbuckler epic "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" has become the third film to pass $1 billion at the worldwide box office, distributor Walt Disney Co. said on Saturday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The film starring
Johnny Depp had sold $1.003 billion worth of tickets as of Friday, the company said in a statement. But it was unlikely to climb any higher up the rankings.

"Titanic," released in 1997, holds the record with $1.8 billion, followed by 2003's "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" with $1.1 billion.

"Pirates," which has ruled the foreign box office for the last nine weekends, enters its final major market, Italy, on Wednesday. The first film, 2003's "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," earned $21 million there, and $656 million worldwide.

All told, the sequel has earned $415.1 million in North America, and $587.5 million internationally, the No. 1 film of the year by both measures.

A third film, "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," is shooting in Los Angeles with plans for release next May.

Key cast members including Depp,
Keira Knightley and
Orlando Bloom are returning. Additionally, Rolling Stones guitarist
Keith Richards has just flown in to shoot a cameo role, a source close to the set said.

Richards, on whom Depp modeled his flamboyant character, Captain Jack Sparrow, has long been asked by producers to play Sparrow's father. The source declined to say what role Richards was playing.
11th September 2006 01:11 AM
Taptrick
They have one of the boat sets at Plant 42 in a hangar in Palmdale, California.

11th September 2006 02:43 AM
FotiniD I'm waiting for the action figure
11th September 2006 04:04 AM
Zeeta
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:
Keith arrived to shoot Pirates

Unfair, pirates just usually have knives don't they?
11th September 2006 04:27 AM
F505
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Unfair, pirates just usually have knives don't they?

11th September 2006 10:03 AM
jb What about practicing the new and exciting set lists???
11th September 2006 10:12 AM
Jumping Jack My sources tell me the fall tour will feature a new song which will be featured on the movie soundtrack.
11th September 2006 10:17 AM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
My sources tell me the fall tour will feature a new song which will be featured on the movie soundtrack.

"This place is empty"?
11th September 2006 10:27 AM
gimmekeef I've read the script thru my sources...Depp finds his father Keith in a decrepid pirate bar..and says..Hi Dad how are you?..Keith says...

'Good to be here..Good to be anywhere'.....and they hoist a drink....thats it for Keith's role.......
11th September 2006 10:51 AM
danielharris627 Whaaat? That can't be it.
11th September 2006 11:07 AM
Jumping Jack "This place is empty"

You stole my punchline, LOL!!! It will be a big hit in Boston!
11th September 2006 01:35 PM
nankerphelge If the director is anywhere on the ball, the scene is simple:

Keith and Depp, in the backroom of a poorly lit, smelly pirate bar, sharing a jug of rum.

Talking to each other and laughing in "Keefspeak" -- but we the audience don't understand a fucking word!!!

Would be an Oscar moment!
11th September 2006 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
If the director is anywhere on the ball, the scene is simple:

Keith and Depp, in the backroom of a poorly lit, smelly pirate bar, sharing a jug of rum.

Talking to each other and laughing in "Keefspeak" -- but we the audience don't understand a fucking word!!!

I just sneezed and am seeing black dots in the air!!!
[Edited by jb]
11th September 2006 02:59 PM
nankerphelge Too much pepper
11th September 2006 03:03 PM
glencar Maybe Mick'll also do a cameo for this biopic!
11th September 2006 06:38 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maybe Mick'll also do a cameo for this biopic!

No second fiddles for Mick........Funny though if thru bs Keith got an Oscar nod we all know Mick would die for!....
11th September 2006 06:41 PM
Angiegirl Is the current episode II as bad as I hear people saying around me?

Sequels are evil, period.
11th September 2006 06:51 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Is the current episode II as bad as I hear people saying around me?

Its sold a billion in tix...so it probably is....The first was dumb too but sold a gazillion....But I'll be there opening night to see Keith...lol
11th September 2006 06:56 PM
F505 The autumn tour 2006 of the Stones should be called: This place is empty!
11th September 2006 09:38 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:

"This place is empty"?

Funny as hell.
12th September 2006 02:08 AM
Bruno
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Yes Angie, it´s awful. I almost left the room. Even Depp knows it is shit, but he loves playing Keith, so he would love to do 10 episodes anyway...
12th September 2006 02:52 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Well I can't say it's shit as Bruno says, but it's definitely not as good as the first one. Lots of completely silly "action" scenes and they're making a huge joke out of Sparrow. Yeah, he's a funny guy, but he's a lot more than that as well... Sometimes, especially in the first half of the movie, I felt it was trying to force laughter off the audience with silly gags. Not very nice.

The story is kind of complicated as well.

But then again it has its really fine moments: I liked the new character of the Jamaican voodoo girl, Tia something, and the whole setting, I liked Jack's playing around with Elisabeth, the whole twisted father-and-son scenes with Will Turner and his dad and an amazing ending which leaves you with your jaw on the floor - that is, if you liked enough the first movie.

I'd go see it if I were you, just don't have too high expectations.

Number 3 should be better and I hope there are enough scenes of Keith to justify for all the "he's on" / "he's off" gossip the past two years.
12th September 2006 03:06 AM
pdog
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Too much pepper

Who snorts pepper?
12th September 2006 10:40 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
What about practicing the new and exciting set lists???

don't worry.... Mick's quote was that theres "plenty of time to rehearse new songs"

"plenty of time"..... plenty of time...

I'm sure we can expect an entirely new set!
12th September 2006 10:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

don't worry.... Mick's quote was that theres "plenty of time to rehearse new songs"

thats his best one of the tour so far, next to his "dont worry, we've got 300 others to choose from" line after the Chinese government banned five songs from the Shanghai setlist..

and we know how that turned out...
[Edited by Gazza]
12th September 2006 10:55 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
My sources tell me the fall tour will feature a new song which will be featured on the movie soundtrack.

This makes Joey giddy .
12th September 2006 10:56 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
thats his best one of the tour so far, next to his "dont worry, we've got 300 others to choose from" line after the Chinese government banned five songs from the Shanghai setlist..

and we know how that turned out...

I laughed so hard when he said that that I cracked a rib
12th September 2006 10:59 AM
Saint Sway its also funny when he goes into his speech onstage about how he "was here last night... how many of you were here last night?.... awright! but tonight were gonna do different songs... we dont want to do the same show... so were gonna try this out... and do some different song tonight... blah blah"

and then they just do one set change
12th September 2006 02:44 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
If the director is anywhere on the ball, the scene is simple:

I would like to nuzzle you .
12th September 2006 07:43 PM
glencar This will earn over a billion easily!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)