ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
Ian, Bobby and Rogerriffin - Mexico City
© and special thanks to Tzonistac!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Things the net needs regarding B.Jones Return to archive
9th September 2006 11:12 PM
burnt It would be nice if there were clips of Brian introducing concert pianist Katchor, a clip of him introducing Hendrix at Monterey - a historic moment. Also, someone who knows should do a piece on the guitars used by Brian Jones. (types & models...) And how come there has never been one publised picture of "Brian & Anna"? I'm an old goat; was a big fan from '65 to '69. I was 16 when he probably got killed. Thanks!
10th September 2006 12:23 AM
Altamont There is a website about Brian's guitars but i can't remember it.

Here is Brian introducing Jimi at Monterey 1967

10th September 2006 10:32 AM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
burnt wrote:
And how come there has never been one publised picture of "Brian & Anna"? I'm an old goat; was a big fan from '65 to '69. I was 16 when he probably got killed. Thanks!

Because Anna was just another one of his dollybirds. She just happened to be there. I don't care what she wrote in her dreadful book.
10th September 2006 11:36 AM
GhostofBrianJones Check out Stewed and Keef's Brian Jones thread here on Rocks Off.
Also there are several forums and fan clubs and sites on the Net dedicated to
Brian Jones. Also Guba.com and YouTube have good videos with the Stones
and Brian. I am 57 and was 19 when Brian passed.

Am glad to meet another BJ fan!
10th September 2006 04:18 PM
burnt Thanks, bro's!
PS I have no idea how that "welcome to the breakfast show" (next to my post) got there or what it means.
10th September 2006 04:24 PM
not bound to please
quote:
burnt wrote:
It would be nice if there were clips of Brian introducing concert pianist Katchor, a clip of him introducing Hendrix at Monterey - a historic moment. Also, someone who knows should do a piece on the guitars used by Brian Jones. (types & models...) And how come there has never been one publised picture of "Brian & Anna"? I'm an old goat; was a big fan from '65 to '69. I was 16 when he probably got killed. Thanks!

What the memory of Brian Jones needs is for the nuts on the net to be medicated and put into straight jackets....

10th September 2006 04:25 PM
not bound to please
quote:
burnt wrote:
Thanks, bro's!
PS I have no idea how that "welcome to the breakfast show" (next to my post) got there or what it means.

It's a welcome message, referring to the 69 tour.

See Gimme Shelter...

[Edited by not bound to please]
10th September 2006 05:05 PM
GhostofBrianJones People have the right to like Brian Jones as much as anyone else who likes
the other band members. If you don't like Brian it is not a problem with
any of us Brian fans. People can stick with Mick and Keith and the others
and we will stick with who we like.
10th September 2006 08:32 PM
Chuck Brian Jones illegitimate son on TV in 1965:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uKYqI-aiDYc

10th September 2006 11:31 PM
oldkr The Net needs to leave brian jones alone, leave the man in his air tight lead casket with his bleached hair and his embalmed body , leave him alone , if bob dylan can get over it so can all of the loons who profess to be 'prolonging his legacy' you're all just degrading him, let the man sleep awhile!

OLDKR
11th September 2006 11:03 AM
jb
quote:
oldkr wrote:
The Net needs to leave brian jones alone, leave the man in his air tight lead casket with his bleached hair and his embalmed body , leave him alone , if bob dylan can get over it so can all of the loons who profess to be 'prolonging his legacy' you're all just degrading him, let the man sleep awhile!

OLDKR

He bleached his hair?
11th September 2006 12:26 PM
WJ
quote:
jb wrote:

He bleached his hair?

No, it was bleached white after he died. It has never been determined why this was done. Really strange.
11th September 2006 12:30 PM
jb
quote:
WJ wrote:

No, it was bleached white after he died. It has never been determined why this was done. Really strange.

scary!!!
11th September 2006 01:29 PM
not bound to please
quote:
oldkr wrote:
The Net needs to leave brian jones alone, leave the man in his air tight lead casket with his bleached hair and his embalmed body , leave him alone , if bob dylan can get over it so can all of the loons who profess to be 'prolonging his legacy' you're all just degrading him, let the man sleep awhile!

OLDKR

word

11th September 2006 07:36 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
oldkr wrote:

OLDKR

While your certainly correct in regards to the Brian loons that loiter on some message boards, I do feel that your suggestion that the net needs to leave him alone is a little preposterous. The Internet is in fact probably the greatest source for Brian information. I personally would like to see a Brian site purely devoted to the man as a musician and as an integral part of the 60’s Stones and the decade in general. Many sadly seem to be a kind of warped homage. This board I feel probably has the healthiest relationship with his era and that’s something we should be grateful for.
11th September 2006 07:40 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
I personally would like to see a Brian site purely devoted to the man as a musician and as an integral part of the 60’s Stones and the decade in general.

Me too!
11th September 2006 08:00 PM
oldkr Brian was a blip, yes he may well have been instrumrntal (in every sense of the word) in the early rolling stones, but that about it, he was famous for less than a decade, and for being part of the quintessential boy band. He was in no way indicative of any part of 60s culture, other than as a harbinger to the ultimate socio-political implosion of the predominant youth movement.

There are many great sites devoted to Brians musicianship, his instrumental ditties on stones tunes and the like , but there is alo a multitude of messageboards catering to nutjobs who seem to believe they are part of some new awakening, of somebody who, no only long dead, but merely, nay ultimately is, and should remain a footnote at best.

OLDKR
11th September 2006 08:49 PM
GhostofBrianJones I do NOT consider myself a Brian loon. I am a die hard fan of Brian Jones and
I am no more a loon than the others who like the rest of the members of the
Stones. I don't care if someone does not like Brian, all I care is that I DO and
that is what counts.
11th September 2006 09:01 PM
oldkr Ghost, I'm not attacking your right to enjoy Brian! i love brian, but he has his place in history and his small amount of fame seems to beeen blown out of all proportion by some supposed fans of Brian.

rock on

OLDKR
12th September 2006 12:34 AM
GhostofBrianJones I understand. We are just remembering him for what he did. He has always
been my favorite since I was about 14 and it has stayed with me ever since.
And for the most part I usually talk about him with others who are as interested
in him as I am. It seems to work out best.

I am also interested in Ronnie Wood. I think the Stones have accomplished
more than any other RNR band in history. They will never be forgotten either.
We just don't want Brian to be forgotten either that is all we are trying to do.
Even though he lived to be only 27 we would like to remember him for who
he was and what contributions he made. This is all we BJ fans ask.

I hope everyone here will please try and understand. We should also be
grateful that the rest of the Stones are still living, in good health and are
still rocking and rolling.
12th September 2006 12:53 AM
munky
quote:
oldkr wrote:
Brian was a blip, yes he may well have been instrumrntal (in every sense of the word) in the early rolling stones, but that about it, he was famous for less than a decade, and for being part of the quintessential boy band. He was in no way indicative of any part of 60s culture, other than as a harbinger to the ultimate socio-political implosion of the predominant youth movement.

OLDKR

possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read on this board.
who voted you the biggest keith resource on the net?
12th September 2006 08:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
oldkr wrote:
Brian was a blip,
OLDKR

EH? He was a member of the Stones during they're most creative an interesting era. Without him it would'nt have been the same.
13th September 2006 12:46 AM
burnt Brian Jones fans are not exactly a high-profile force in the world. It is a "niche" group. His history is fascinating, unusual and unique. His untimely death smacks of unresolved foul play. If he'd lived, who's to say he couldn't have been bigger than the Stones? We'll never know, obviously. He was an artistic inspiration to many young musicians in his period of popular music, AND culture. His musical interests are considered a founding influence on what is now called world music. His multi-instrumentalism was most atypical in bands of his time.

Most importantly, just as we did not have to be limited to "either/or" the Beatles or Stones when they were contemporaries (I love both bands; they were probably friends), there is absolutely no reason to like Brian to the exclusion of the band he founded. Just because I appreciated Brian's talents artistically, it doesn't mean I can't like Keith ***I got tickets to the Rolling Stones show in a week*** That proves it. I hope they live that long, and live well. Cheers! Feel the love, for christ's sakes!
[Edited by burnt]
[Edited by burnt]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)