ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
Ian, Bobby and Rogerriffin - Mexico City
© and special thanks to Tzonistac!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Groupies appreciation & pic thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th September 2006 12:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Myself, I always liked groupies. I always thought that their contribution to Rock N Roll has never been properly adressed. It's not like the 60's and early 70's anymore when groupies were herded around like cattle for the boys in the band and the producers....is it? There's been a few good books written about groupies but they always seem to be written by the groupies themselves. Nowadays exploiting minors is frowned upon. But back then it was par for the course. I don't think Rock N' Roll has really come clean about that issue. It's a book that's still to be written.....no?

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
7th September 2006 12:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
7th September 2006 01:00 PM
Bruno Nice thread; last week I read a bit from Pamela Des Barres´ book, "I´m With The Band", there are cool readings, some of them about Mick.

7th September 2006 01:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
7th September 2006 01:07 PM
GotToRollMe No groupie thread would be complete without the Plaster Casters!

http://www.cynthiaplastercaster.com/
http://www.hollywoodhangover.com/

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
7th September 2006 01:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
7th September 2006 01:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
7th September 2006 01:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
No groupie thread would be complete without the Plaster Casters!

http://www.cynthiaplastercaster.com/

Well, it's nice to know that exploitation works both ways.
7th September 2006 01:26 PM
tumbled At what point are you crossing the line? I mean at what point does a female fan become a groupie? I have teasingly been called a groupie just because i go to more than one show on a tour. I kind of cringe at that. I always feel like I need to get closer to interview or get the vibe or something. I see men doing the same. So are they groupies too?? Is it obsessive and therefore wrong??
I am thinking of a lot of fun times now. Thanks for the topic ..... its interesting...without groupies where would we be?
7th September 2006 01:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Like I said...it's a book that hasn't been written yet. Rock n Roll is great stuff. But it's not a panacea...just a partial one....just a sign post .... just a direction suggestion at a crossroads somewhere.
7th September 2006 01:32 PM
monkey_man I'm thinking most of the people on this board could be considered groupies!!
7th September 2006 01:32 PM
jb Grace Slick is a sickening, obnoxious has been.
7th September 2006 01:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Grace Slick is a sickening, obnoxious has been.

Grace is the SUPER GROUPIE of all time. That is no minor accomplishement. Has been ....maybe.....but she still defines what a groupie is and should be. Besides she looked good. Why the Airplane let her front the band is beyond me, but they did.....and the rest is history.
7th September 2006 01:48 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Grace is the SUPER GROUPIE of all time. That is no minor accomplishement. Has been ....maybe.....but she still defines what a groupie is and should be. Besides she looked good. Why the Airplane let her front the band is beyond me, but they did.....and the rest is history.

Looked good!!!!!!!!!! Oy Vey!!! Not a more disgusting pig in the business-she also hates the Stones(particularly Mick).
7th September 2006 01:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Looked good!!!!!!!!!! Oy Vey!!! Not a more disgusting pig in the business-she also hates the Stones(particularly Mick).

That's funny. I saw an interview on TV a few years back where she credited Mick with "showing us how it was done."
7th September 2006 01:54 PM
jb
quote:

That's funny. I saw an interview on TV a few years back where she credited Mick with "showing us how it was done."

I saw an interview about 7 yrs ago and she said he and the band should hang it up....
7th September 2006 01:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

I saw an interview about 7 yrs ago and she said he and the band should hang it up....

Yeah, but even you've said that.
7th September 2006 01:58 PM
jb
quote:

Yeah, but even you've said that.

We are part of the Stones family and have earned the right to crticise; outsiders may not .
7th September 2006 02:00 PM
ComeAsYouAre Gracie Slick was the shit! She wrote the lyrics for White Rabbit, which is in Engish history books. And what a voice...
7th September 2006 02:05 PM
jb
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:
Gracie Slick was the shit! She wrote the lyrics for White Rabbit, which is in Engish history books. And what a voice...

She also wrote "We built this city" and made the video.
7th September 2006 02:14 PM
monkey_man
quote:
jb wrote:

Touche Motherfucker
7th September 2006 02:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

That does it.
Just watching her on TV when I was a kid made me horny. I hate to imagine what she did to the band in real life.

(just joking)

If you're reading this Grace ... I still love ya. And yes, I would still marry you. But it's too late for that now....
7th September 2006 02:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels life's just another motel room now....but I'm used to it.
7th September 2006 02:52 PM
killerbitch Speaking of groupies, who were the biggest groupies of The Rolling Stones?
For instance during the Sixties and Seventies?
7th September 2006 02:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
Speaking of groupies, who were the biggest groupies of The Rolling Stones?
For instance during the Sixties and Seventies?

7th September 2006 03:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Actually funny you shoud bring that up. The Stones, besides Brian, took pretty good care of their groupies. I think even Bill after he got through his phase. Mick didn't really do right by Karis for a long time but he's made up for it since. Sinatra never cared, he was a pig. These kids were just fodder for him. I'm Sinatra, I exist therefore I fuck young girls....was his philosophy. I hope it serves him well. But they all do that
7th September 2006 03:09 PM
tumbled I heard Merv Griffin (hearsay deleted)

but look at the Greeks!! they started it!
its part of our dna now!! we group!
[Edited by tumbled]
7th September 2006 03:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
tumbled wrote:
I heard Merv Griffin (hearsay deleted)

Probably still does.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
7th September 2006 03:52 PM
not bound to please
quote:

How is she a groupie? If she's a groupie, so are the other male musicians she slept with. Double standard.

Male musicians who date female musicians, artists, writers, photographers, etc - are dating and having relationships.

Groupies are fans who's only interest to a male or female musician (or other artist) is sex.

7th September 2006 07:02 PM
not bound to please TTM "I don't think this definition stands up to close scrunity.
Who says sex is their only interest?????"

Oh - are they supposed to be interested in the trivialities of the sorts of girls going after them? You know - the main interest is in them, and although it feeds ones narcissism, it's skin deep.

The same goes with the Internet wackos. Only they don't get laid.

"I think Grace qualifies my definition of "groupie". That IMO isn't meant to diminish her accomplishments at at all. "

Your definition is offensive then. Sorry.

"Besides you know how girls are."

Um, no, I don't....

Or rather....I know what many sorts are like, and they are quite different.

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)