ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
Ian, Bobby and Rogerriffin - Mexico City
© and special thanks to Tzonistac!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Forum Outdoor, Horsens 3rd September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
4th September 2006 02:33 PM
Jeep Goodbye Europe...

4th September 2006 04:06 PM
luxury1 JumpinKentFlash, that was a fun read. Thanks
4th September 2006 04:14 PM
Gazza Great review, Kent. What a thrill for any fan to get the tour closer in their home town - especially when its not a BIG city and its the first time theyve played there
4th September 2006 04:40 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
My review.

Saturday I was playing with my band at the Rolling Weekend in Horsens. First time we played was not so good. Lots of mistakes, especially by me. Second time we absolutely nailed it, and that was also filmed by my friend Bjørn. We played the following songs:

1.- Rough Justice.
2.- Live With Me.
3.- Oh No Not You Again.
4.- Child Of The Moon.
5.- Heart Of Stone.
6.- Brown Sugar.
7.- Let It Rock.
8.- You Got Me Rocking.
9.- Around And Around.
10.- I Wanna Be Your Man.
11.- Jumping Jack Flash.

(Same setlist both gigs. STOP WHINING. LOL)...

In between our sets some guy with a black shirt with lots of tongues came up and said that it was a great Rock 'n Roll Circus-like version of Jumping Jack Flash. He is actually on this forum, but he's mostly a lurker. American I think. Great meeting him. I loved it. In Horsens Folkeblad (The Horsens newspaper) have a great picture of our frontman Esben and me today.
Later Saturday I met up with MickJaggeroo and The Nordic StonesVikings. Great meeting them. When we met up, I think they all had a few beers in them. I didn't think I could catch up, so I stayed off the brew. I had to get up early to get in line too. I talked a lot with Jan Richardson from Finland. He has an insanely large collocetion of Stones.
We found a place that sold the specially brewed Stone Ale. Vilhelm (MickJaggeroo) didn't like it so much I think. Around 21.00 they wanted to go back to the camp. So I went home to go to bed.
The next morning I got up at 4.30 and went to my dad's place to get my ticket. I called a cab (Didn't want to walk) and got up there.
I got in line at 5.00 in the morning with 3 people ahead of me. One guy was there since Friday. 2 Mexican girls as number 2 and 3. I was the fourth. MononoM (Menno from The Netherlands) came early too and was number 5. The first 10 people that had been there long got a bracelet on and was let in first. I met VirginiaInExile (From Shidoobee) and her husband Greg. I sat with them and talked along with NJLStones and his wife. Also met PiotRS from Poland, Shidoobee and also IORR. It was very cool. Never met with any people from online before, and it was a great experience and they were all some of the coolest people I met. Very cool.
When we were let in I frickin' ran as fast as I could. 300 meters away from the stage and the helpers who stood in the bars cheered us. I got in and took a place right up against the railings 3 or 4 people away from the corner in the middle of the stage up against the b-stage runway. Menno was the guy right on the corner by the way.
Maximo Park was the warm-up (From Newcastle Upon Tyne). A bit boring to me. It was a band that knew one melody and knew 20 ways of playing it. They started with a "wild" rock track. The problem is that they don't know how to do live shows really. They started on a high note and could never top themselves, and that was their problem. The front man was one of those Jagger types. They seemed like cool persons though. The frontman said that it was fantastic to be allowed on the same stage as the Stones. He said some Danish things too, like "tak" and the like. They ended their set and the frontman screamed "Thank you very much Horsens, enjoy THE ROLLING STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONES"!!!!
Some more waiting followed. I saw the people being let up on the on stage skyboxes and I knew it was about to happen. I welled up as usual. Typical me. I saw the Shidoobees I talked with standing 10 meters to the right of me.
Then they came on. Jumping Jack Flash was the first number. So cool. The sound was great. Loud as flying fuck and very dry. No echoes or effects on the guitars other than distortion. It sounded like they were playing in my living room. And that was cool. Great, great sound. They were on fire.
Next number was It's Only Rock 'n Roll. Keith had some great licks on it. Ronnie did some cool rythm. After that it was Oh No Not You Again. It was my first time hearing it live and it was fookin' good. Keith's solo was awesome. Jagger was on absolute top form.
He said that it was their last concert in Europe this time around, and they would make sure it was the best one. I never heard them so good, and so much on fire. And if someone has heard a better concert ever, then I take my hat off and bow in the dust for you.
Bitch was next. Cool version, and Keef kept firing those great licks on us. Totally awesome. The horns were cool. Again loud as a son of a bitch. Really cool. Ronnie did some cool things on there. Charlie "Bang Bang" did some great stuff, and you could really hear his special smack. Then came Sway. It was cool. I know some would say that Ronnie's solo was messy, but Jesus it works. I love the weird rythm on this one.
Mick Jagger strapped a guitar on and introduced Streets Of Love. The rumors are true: This one is much better live, but that's kindda the thing with all those new tracks. They outrock the album version. Jagger seemed like he checked if it went good with the audience. And it did. You could see that he was thinking: "Awright. This is going well". And then they took the song even higher up in the stratosphere. Ronnie's solo was beautiful. You could feel the love all around and the audience sang the chorus line. It felt really great. Who would've thought that Streets Of Love was one of the highlights tonight?
I heard some jamming up on stage. The lights turned blue. I know what that meant. Midnight Rambler. This was one of the songs that lifted the show even higher. Jagger was a few meters out on the catwalk to the b-stage and he really got the audience going in the break part of the song. As opposed to Maximo Park, who started on a high note and couldn't go higher, the Stones had started on a very high note and took it so high that I was out of breath. It's unbelievable that it's even possible. Also, it must be annoying for every single rock 'n roll band out there, that they get their arses kicked by these old geezers every single time they go on tour. Then they did this beautiful version of Tumbling Dice. As if the show couldn't go higher it did exactly that. Ronnie nailed the solo. Truly great.
Jagger introduced the band. Ronnie got a good cheer, and whn it seemed like over, he pumped the people up for a very wild cheer. He had the audience going here. I was a bit disappointed in the cheering for Charlie. He usually gets a wild cheer by Danish fans, but tonight it wasn't as big. Well, he's still everyone's Charlie and we all love the guy. Then the Keith intro came and he got a WILD cheer. He had the audience in the PALM (Ha ha) of his hand. He did a beautiful Slipping Away at first. Some guy in the audience screamed for it before he announced it, and when Keef introduced it you could REALLY hear that guy. Keith's usual chit-chat with the audience was cool too. He said: "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. A big crowd here tonight. Where did they FIND you all? Huurr huurr huurr!!!! He started Slipping Away wrong, but it was just funny. Ronnie came up and put his arm around Keith and cheered. Keith laughed too. After Slipping Away he did Before They Make Me Run and that pleased the crowd. Many people sang along to the lines: "After all is said and done, gotta move while it's still fun. I gotta walk before they make me run". Nice one. And this was also one of the 7 songs I never heard live before tonight. I love Keith. He is the man.
Then Jagger came back. Miss You was good. A bit of a highlight really. Played more as a rock song than a disco/soul song. It actually works better as a rock song in my opinion. The b-stage rolled out on the slide and I held my hand up with victory fingers. Keith saw it and threw me a victory sign right back. I was about to pass out when he did that. Charlie was looking down to my side and I waved a him like a lunatic. Typical Charlie he just stared at me until he couldn't anymore, as the b-stage rolled on. I loved that stare. An his nostrils going in and out as usual (I have about 25 pics from the concert and I think one of them was Charlie right here).
Out on the b-stage it started to rain a bit, but the weather overall was pretty good. Still, it could have snowed and I wouldn't have noticed anything. I was in the seventh heaven. When the b-stage arrived out in the middle, I couldn't see much, but I could HEAR it, and that was enough. Jagger said: "We're gonna do one from our new album and it's called Rough Jutiiiiiiice"! That instantly recognizable intro was played. It was so good. Ronnie once again on fire. He had some bum notes during the night. A few solos were started the wrong way, but he redeemed himself every time. Rough Justice is a true killer track and it should be played at every concert. Start Me Up was next and it went over with a cool Ronnie solo and the audience at the b-stage cheering wildly. Usually Danish audiences aren't good at Stones concerts, but I think they were pretty good last night. Still it's a bit hard to judge because I was all the way up front and had 84.999 people on my back. No reason mentioning which way my face was turned. Coming back from the b-stage to the tones of Honky Tonk Women was great too. Also a song that lifted the show even higher. Loved the Keith solo. Jagger wanted to keep the song going, but it was over right before they reached the main stage. So there was a little break here. It doesn't matter as, for my part, it was a break I needed. I was drenched in sweat at this point. All that cheering is hard. I just can't get how Jagger does it every time.
Sympathy For The Devil started in kindda low volume, but jeez Louise was it turned up at the first chorus. Best version I ever heard. Fire on the top of the stage. I felt like I was the spawn of Satan here (SHUT UP - LOL). Keith's solo was really cool. The hat Jagger was wearing during the song was put on Ronnie's head when it was done. He kept it on during the next song. Great with all the pyrotechnics. Especially the fireworks that was right by the wing of the stage that was just burning through the entire song.
Paint It Black was played. A true highlight. The sound crew really cranks it up at the end of the show. Charlie was banging like a lion (So Don Was was right).
Brown Sugar, my favourite track ever, was next and it must've been the best version I ever heard. Jagger did the YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, WOOOOOOO along with the audiences. He kept both sides going. How he did that is beyond me. Did I mention Jagger was good tonight? After the song he yelled: "THANK YOU DENMARK, GOODNIGHT"!!!! Some fireworks went off, and Jagger imitated he was being shot by a machine gun.
They went off. A minute or two passed. Then Keith went in with the intro to You Can't Always Get What You Want. Cool one. And it took the show to higher grounds. People clapping along to the beat. Ronnie started the solo wrong and if that's what he gets slapped around for, I can't understand it. Sure it was a bum note to begin with, but it's all part of the charm, and always have been. I don't know how it was being at a concert in Brussels 1973, but the bootleg paints a pretty good picture of that. Well, I would rather be at this concert. That's how good it was. I use all these words like "fantastic", "cool" and "amazing" all the time, but it's a puny word for what I experienced last night. They also get slammed for playing only 19 songs. Let me tell you something: IT WORKS mates. Sure I woould love a 30 song setlist, but I'm not sure I would survive it if they play like they did last night. Anyway, You can't Always Get What You Want went over very well.
Then the last tune. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction. It was started like on Flashpoint with that power chord strumming in the beginning. Jagger went nuts, as did I. It went on for what seemed like longer than usual. GREAT Keith solo. Ronnnie using his bender like mad. The beat Charlie kept was cool. Slam, slam, slam, slam, slam, slam, slam all the time. The sound crew cranked it up so high that it sounded like the loudspeakers was about to explode. At the end of the song I was yelling to Keith to throw me a pick and he tried to and nodded at me, but it flew right over my hand and landed somewhere right at the back of me. As seen in a pick of the front row audience from BT or Ekstra Bladet, you can see 4 people looking down at a "hole" in the up-against-the-railings audience. One bald dude in white shirt (He was a German who worked as a merchandize seller for the Stones and had FOS tickets. BTW: He was a complete arsehole. Used his elbows and had total paranoia if people even touched him a single bit). The other one is a grey haired guy with glasses (That's my dad). Next to him is a young guy in a black shirt (My friend Jacob). And you can see a military cap. It's worn by my younger brother Niklas (My older brother Mick and his friend Jacob was about 10 meters away from us right behind VirginiaInExile and her husband Greg who I talked about earlier). You can't see me on the picture because I'm down by the legs trying to find the pick.
The show ended and they bowed. Bernard threw the setlist out to the audience, but it went well over my head. They were gone. But it was the best gig I ever saw. Truly a great one. I never even heard it better on any bootleg. And that says a lot. Many of you will say that I should be careful with comparing it to Brussels '73, but I'm telling you: It was THAT good!!!!
The show ended and we waited to go out because of the many people. Some English guy that stood one meter behind me came up and lit a lighter by the floor. I looked down as he picked something up. "Hey, look what I found" he said. In his hand was the pick Keith threw at me. I just laughed and told him that he was lucky. I didn't want to try and get it from him. It was HIS find, and after that show I need no souvenir. I have the memory (And my pictures, which I will get made at the shop soon for you all to see) and that's enough. But if anyone have a pick from the show they want to give me, I won't say no. :-)
I met Greg, VirginiaInExile (Can't remember her name right now) and MononoM after the show and we talked and agreed it was great. Greg took some pics of us and they will put it on Shidoobee when they get back home to the states. Me and Jacob (My pal) parted from my dad and brother as they wanted to go home. As we went out PiotRS ran up to me. He needed a cigarette. We talked a bit, and he was in a bit of a hurry to go back to Copenhagen. It was great meeting him. Cool guy.
It was a show that started in the stratosphere and stopped at the end of the universe.
I got home and wanted to put Saitama on, but I didn't because I knew I would be disappointed in it after what I just witnessed. Went to bed at 2.00 and had a great night's sleep. This was a fucking great show. The best I ever witnessed. Thanks Rolling Stones. This was one of the best nights of my life.

Wow. That's about the best description of a Stones concert I've ever read. Thanks.
4th September 2006 05:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG Great review, JumpingKentFlash!!!

And Jeep, Thanks for all the great Photos!!!
4th September 2006 09:50 PM
Soldatti Great photos and review.
5th September 2006 05:10 AM
Gazza 85,000 sell out in a few hours. The biggest paying attendance at a single show in the entire tour to date.

A remarkable attendance for a rescheduled show in a small town (population 50,000) in a small country of 5.4 million which isnt exactly one of the most accessible parts of Europe for those getting there from overseas.

Well done, Denmark.
5th September 2006 06:31 AM
FotiniD Amazing review JumpingKentFlash! You really got me feeling all that excitement of a Stones gig again. Glad you enjoyed the gig so much! Here's to many more!
5th September 2006 09:46 AM
jb Very happy to see their final ever European show with 85k strong!!! The largest paying crowd so far!!! Now the difficult task of filling up stadiums with only 16 days left before the currently wide open Boston show...They will need 45k, as Bon Jovi played the Razor and "Boxscore" had 45k as "sold out". I don't see much movement in Texas(either show), and Witchita is obviously lost, but with some good PR, we can come closr to filling out Boston, NY, and a few others. I don't see much help for Chicago either , and any summitt plans, should be redirected to AC as that show will , like Vegas, eventually fill up completely. I thank you for your time and consideration...
[Edited by jb]
5th September 2006 10:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Very happy to see their final ever European show with 85k strong!!!

why..is the world ending prior to next summer??
5th September 2006 11:38 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

why..is the world ending prior to next summer??

That is an unverified rumor........................
5th September 2006 11:56 AM
Gazza as long as its not before the rumoured 90-date Stones mini-tour of Europe with as many as 55 shows taking place in UK theatres at £15 a ticket - (half price for children, students and the unwaged)....
[Edited by Gazza]
5th September 2006 12:12 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
as long as its not before the rumoured 90-date Stones mini-tour of Europe with as many as 55 shows taking place in UK theatres at £15 a ticket - (half price for children, students and the unwaged)....
[Edited by Gazza]

I am absolutely convinced that Springsteen is wearing a hair piece....I am not kidding!!!!
5th September 2006 01:47 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
jb wrote:
Very happy to see their final ever European show with 85k strong!!! The largest paying crowd so far!!! Now the difficult task of filling up stadiums with only 16 days left before the currently wide open Boston show...They will need 45k, as Bon Jovi played the Razor and "Boxscore" had 45k as "sold out". I don't see much movement in Texas(either show)
[Edited by jb]

Austin will sell out, it's a walk up kinda town...
7th September 2006 07:26 AM
Bitch Kent your review was amazing to read, your enthusiasm is catching! The RS know how to deliver the goods and the fans feel great afterwards. The ROLLING STONES high lasts for a while, often for a lifetime. I know exactly what you mean when you said it was one of the best nights of your life! It's wonderful the RS ended Europe's leg with an excellent show and A BIGGER BANG!!!!

Gazza I hope you are right and they return next year to Europe with another leg!

Jeep, Nice to see the cool pics of "the boys"! Isn't it funny that the Stones are still called boys? They never get old do they? They keep us all young!

Here's to the ROLLING STONES!!!!!!!!

8th September 2006 09:23 AM
jesperjnielsen Hello,

So I was at the Rolling Stones concert last weekend and it was my first concert with the rolling stones ever!!! and it was great.

So I was wondering if anyone has the audio from the concert and perhaps could upload it, so I could re-live this great memory?

Also, I can tell you that the band got a gold record while visiting Horsens http://gaffa.dk/nyheder/view.php/news_id=16129 (Note: It´s written in Danish) and according to Gaffa Magazine in was a surprisingly fresh and joyful band which received the award

cheers
[Edited by jesperjnielsen]
[Edited by jesperjnielsen]
9th September 2006 03:43 AM
JumpingKentFlash Hej Jesper.

Jeg arbejder på at få fat i så meget som muligt til en dokumentar DVD jeg laver med min ven Bjørn. Jeg bor i Horsens. Der er lidt på www.youtube.com fra mobilkamera. Jeg har også det 10 minutter lange review fra DRs P2. På Stones' egen hjemmeside er der Paint It Black på video. Det var fandme et højdepunkt....
Hvis du hører noget om en bootleg må du endelig sige til.
9th September 2006 04:37 AM
jesperjnielsen Hej

Tak for det

Jeg skal nok sige til hvis jeg finder noget.....hvis jeg ik finder noget på nettet så regner jeg med at jeg kan finde koncerten på CD når jeg skal til plademesse i Aarhus (Tror nok at det er i december, så der er noget tid til)
10th September 2006 04:00 AM
JumpingKentFlash OK, fedt. Bor du i Århus???
10th September 2006 05:51 AM
jesperjnielsen Ja jeg gør, flyttede her op sidste år dag jeg begyndte at læse.....Men er da hjemme i Horsens et par gange i måneden :P

10th September 2006 07:07 AM
JumpingKentFlash Fedt mand. Du kommer også fra Horsens. Me too. :-)
Bor på Nørregade. Hvor gammel er du egentlig???
Jeg er 24.
10th September 2006 04:08 PM
jesperjnielsen Nørregade lægger jo også dejligt centralt

Jeg er 23
11th September 2006 05:59 AM
JumpingKentFlash Fedt mand. Det er sgu ikke hver dag man render ind i en fra Horsens på nettet ang. Stones.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)