ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
© Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gas, Gas, Gas Return to archive
September 13th, 2005 03:42 PM
Fadeout_Freedom Are there any old-timers who can recall another time when the "latest Stones album" could be had for the price of three gallons of gas?

I bought A Bigger Bang last week for $9.90-something plus tax; gasoline is going for $3.14 or so here (southern Illinois).

I've only been a Stones fan since 1980, and driving since 1981... I may have bought Tattoo You on LP for $7.99, but gas was probably around $1.00 then...

By comparison, what'd Aftermath cost in 1966? I have no idea what gas went for...
September 13th, 2005 03:45 PM
Joey " Are there any old-timers who can recall another time when the "latest Stones album" could be had for the price of three gallons of gas? "

********* BLANK STARE **********

September 13th, 2005 04:00 PM
Fadeout_Freedom
quote:
Joey wrote:

********* BLANK STARE **********

(Waving my hand in front of your face)

Okay, then let me re-phrase the right half of that equation in the form of something that might interest you ... for the price of 4 bags of Doritos?

(hee hee hee)
September 13th, 2005 04:03 PM
Nellcote I think I better get a big ol'e can of whup ass out for this big fella, what say you Brother Joey?
September 13th, 2005 04:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Fadeout_Freedom wrote:
Are there any old-timers who can recall another time when the "latest Stones album" could be had for the price of three gallons of gas?

wouldnt know

The last time the Stones released a new record, none of us would have been old enough to drive, let alone quote gas prices
September 13th, 2005 04:11 PM
Fadeout_Freedom no no no, I'm just saying new CD's are getting cheaper, and it's about time... I probably got Voodoo Lounge for $12 and I don't know what I paid for BTB, but it was too much!

I think ABB for $10 is a steal by comparison.
September 13th, 2005 04:11 PM
Nellcote I think JB has noted problems of gas in the past, perhaps you should direct this toward him?
September 13th, 2005 04:12 PM
lotsajizz I've seen gas price pictures from when I was a toddler....it was around forty to forty-five cents or so a gallon in the '68-'70 period...and my first record I bought myself--the Batman TV series soundtrack--was something like three dollars in 1970 or so
September 13th, 2005 04:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I think I better get a big ol'e can of whup ass out for this big fella, what say you Brother Joey?

" When you walk through a storm
Keep your head held high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone "

Nellcote .........................................

I'm seriously thinking of going to the Little Rock Stones' gig .................................. and you ?!?!?!

Oh , and what ever happened to the days when the Rolling Stones ALWAYS could be counted on to perform in Kansas City , MO ?!?!?!

www.OmahaMeca.com

Tee Hee !!!!!

Lil' Fiji ...........................................

Snarky !

[Edited by Joey]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)