ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
© Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's Orwellian adventure Return to archive
September 12th, 2005 10:46 PM
the good I am listening to a live national interview with the Stones being broadcast on 102.9 MGK IN Philly, and believe it or not, Keith came up with the Orwellian barnyard allegory for Rough Justice, not Mick. I would have sworn Jagger came up with that idea. To hell with all the Keith naysayers!!!
Uh oh- Keith just called Brian's death a tragic accident- and then added- "just like the rest of his life." Really poor taste, Keith.
September 12th, 2005 11:09 PM
Riffhard
quote:
the good wrote:
Uh oh- Keith just called Brian's death a tragic accident- and then added- "just like the rest of his life." Really poor taste, Keith.

I don't think that that line is in poor taste at all. Brian,while a very gifted musician,and founder of the Stones,was,in fact,a major fuckup. He was an emotional basketcase,as many have attested to. He beat on women,and left more than a few of them holding his children. Which,by the way,he never gave any help to at all. Be it finacial,emotional,or even an acknowledgement. The guy holds a special place for one reason,and one reason only. He was the founding member of the Stones,and helped with some very cool tunes with his multi instramental abilities.

The fact that some here are so oblivious to this guys failings is nothing more than revisionist history. Most people,both inside the band,and outside,said the same thing about Brian. He was spoiled angry child that could not handle the success that he originaly wrought. Once Jagger,and Richards came to the fore he was lost. For those that play the sympathy card every time Brian's name is mentioned I just shake my head and laugh. The guy was a first class asshole. A talented (for a time),asshole,but an asshole all the same.

That's just the facts,and I don't think that Keith should be constrained in pointing out the obvious.

Just my two cents.

Riffhard
September 12th, 2005 11:16 PM
stonedinaustralia agreed Riffhard

there's nothing "poor taste" about the truth

it may not be palatable for some but it sure is better than "revisionist" hindsight - tho i might say keith HAS been guilty of that on occasions

but not this time
September 12th, 2005 11:16 PM
the good
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I don't think that that line is in poor taste at all. Brian,while a very gifted musician,and founder of the Stones,was,in fact,a major fuckup. He was an emotional basketcase,as many have attested to. He beat on women,and left more than a few of them holding his children. Which,by the way,he never gave any help to at all. Be it finacial,emotional,or even an acknowledgement. The guy holds a special place for one reason,and one reason only. He was the founding member of the Stones,and helped with some very cool tunes with his multi instramental abilities.

The fact that some here are so oblivious to this guys failings is nothing more than revisionist history. Most people,both inside the band,and outside,said the same thing about Brian. He was spoiled angry child that could not handle the success that he originaly wrought. Once Jagger,and Richards came to the fore he was lost. For those that play the sympathy card every time Brian's name is mentioned I just shake my head and laugh. The guy was a first class asshole. A talented (for a time),asshole,but an asshole all the same.

That's just the facts,and I don't think that Keith should be constrained in pointing out the obvious.

Just my two cents.

Riffhard

Hey, Brian was an ass. No doubt about it. Really just a bad person in many ways. Anybody who knows anything about the guy knows that, but I thought Keith's comment was a bit harsh, and uncalled for considering the topic being discussed.
September 12th, 2005 11:22 PM
the good Did you guys hear them say that the next single off the record was going to be "Rain fell down?" I like the tune, but the next single??? I hope not.
September 12th, 2005 11:23 PM
KeepRigid I believe they are going to release them all.
September 13th, 2005 12:30 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
I believe they are going to release them all.

i knew this would happen eventually
September 13th, 2005 01:00 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
the good wrote:
Did you guys hear them say that the next single off the record was going to be "Rain fell down?" I like the tune, but the next single??? I hope not.

It could be wise strategically in the sense that Rain Fall Down might get wider airplay because it could see rotation on radio staions that cater to "dance friendly" music, for lack of a better term.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)