ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
© Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best rocker on ABB ?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 13th, 2005 05:28 AM
justforyou ONNYA is my favourite rocker, good riffage, nice vocal delivery, amazing surges of power...

RJ starts like a punky Iggy tune, but loses it's punch in the cliche'd chorus and it's following riff.
September 13th, 2005 05:34 AM
lotsajizz 'Driving Too Fast'
September 13th, 2005 05:49 AM
Gazza Dangerous Beauty. Fantastic, nasty riff, crashing drums and a clever and quite funny lyric..

To quote Nasty Habits, from the "whats wrong with sweet NeoCon" thread?

Like Dangerous Beauty. Which treats Abu Ghriab like the most awful sex club in the world and gets away with it triumphantly. Although I'm not so sure that this was so much politically motivated so much as it gave Mick a chance to be completely misogynistic on some bitch's ass in 2005 and have no one come down on him. The imagery in this song is simply macabre and gets even weirder when you move it away from its actual context. To someone unaware of the Abu Ghriab connection this song must sound like Memo from Turner or something.
September 13th, 2005 05:57 AM
Jumping Jack Rough Justice

Honorable mention: It Won't Take Long
September 13th, 2005 05:59 AM
beer
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I cant believe no one has nominated "Throwaway"

best rocker on the album IMO

"bitches keep bitchin"

You know the words, sing along!

-
September 13th, 2005 08:37 AM
Nasty Habits Oh No Not You Again, followed quickly by Dangerous Beauty.

All you Mick Jagger Solo Album Whiny Babies out there read this: CHARLIE WATTS NEVER PLAYED DRUMS ON NO MICK JAGGER SOLO ALBUM.

Give the drummer some!

September 13th, 2005 08:49 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT i like Driving too fast a lot, but RJ and ONNYA are instant classics
September 13th, 2005 08:54 AM
egon it won't take long is moving up.

it makes me feel dirty.... but in a good way.
September 13th, 2005 09:00 AM
Jair Let me Down Slow.
September 13th, 2005 11:48 AM
J.J.Flash Rough Justice..... miles ahead
September 13th, 2005 12:08 PM
ListenToTheLion Dangerous Beauty.

Best three songs: Dangerous beauty, Laugh I nearly died and Look what the cat dragged in.
September 13th, 2005 12:09 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Look what the cat dragged in followed by ONNYA and Rough Justice
September 13th, 2005 12:14 PM
texile i would have picked dangerous beauty but it's not a ball-out "rocker" in the sense of onnya......but db is the best lyrical thing jagger has done in a long time; it's dark and mysterious......
what is it about onnya? for me - it just kicks with the kind of passion that i haven't heard from jagger in forever - THAT'S his real voice....he sounds terrified and the guitars are just all over the place....
saint - i'm as cynical as the next sir stonesalot...and in no way do i think abb is a great album - BUT it has a few great moments - like these 2 songs ...fleeting ones, but still..take the passion when you find it.
September 13th, 2005 05:20 PM
Col
quote:
the good wrote:

Yeah, the riff isn't great, but Jagger's singing is spectacular, and really makes the track, I think.

Yeah, Jaggers singing is really spot on on DTF. He sounds really youthful and energetic. My favourite track for sure. The mix is also brilliant. The riff reminds me on I Cant Turn You Loose by Otis. The lyrics reminds me of when I go on a wee bender, from beer to beer to another beer and so on without thinking about responsibilties or consequences.
September 13th, 2005 06:08 PM
FPM C10 I think I have to go with "Rough Justice"...at first I thought it was a very minor effort, but it (like most of the album) sounds better every single time I hear it.

I'm very partial to "Dangerous Beauty" too - it's the song I wished "Sweet NeoCon" would be.

"It Won't Take Long"..."Drive Too Fast"...you know this really isn't a bad album at all. If only Mick had kept SOL for his next solo album...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)