ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
© Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best rocker on ABB ?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 12th, 2005 09:04 PM
West 8 I know alot of people like ONNYA & RJ but Driving to Fast is the one I'm more impressed with. Anyone agree?
September 12th, 2005 09:06 PM
Mel Belli I don't mind it, but Mick's guitar riff is a little sterile, and the lyrics are corny.
September 12th, 2005 09:10 PM
Steel Wheels Look What The Cat Dragged In.
September 12th, 2005 09:16 PM
glencar ONNYA. Hands down.
September 12th, 2005 09:27 PM
CraigP ONNYA. agreed!
September 12th, 2005 09:33 PM
full moon It Won't Take Long......
September 12th, 2005 09:33 PM
Poplar
Rough Justice beats ONNYA, but just by a nose hair.
September 12th, 2005 09:38 PM
Soldatti RJ & ONNYA. Tied.
September 12th, 2005 10:19 PM
Saint Sway Everybodys Getting High
September 12th, 2005 10:32 PM
the good Driving too fast is good; I don't think the lyrics are juvenile if you consider their metaphorical content. What is life, if not a series of choices about what path you are going to take?
September 12th, 2005 10:37 PM
Saint Sway Lucky In Love
September 12th, 2005 10:57 PM
texile well saint - at LEAST wandering spirit.....lol.
onnya is the only real rocker here - just a bunch of great shouting and loud, sloppy guitars....and mick sounds like.......MICK!
September 12th, 2005 10:58 PM
the good
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I don't mind it, but Mick's guitar riff is a little sterile, and the lyrics are corny.

Yeah, the riff isn't great, but Jagger's singing is spectacular, and really makes the track, I think.
September 12th, 2005 11:05 PM
Saint Sway I cant believe no one has nominated "Throwaway"

best rocker on the album IMO
September 12th, 2005 11:09 PM
stonedinaustralia ONNYA - it's great

this time you can say without sounding stupid that you can hear it sitting comfortabley in the list on Some Girls

so glad they have gone back to being a band and have decided to do without the cast of thousands "special guests"
September 12th, 2005 11:09 PM
Daethgod Shoot Off Your Mouth

September 12th, 2005 11:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
Shoot Off Your Mouth

heh heh!
September 12th, 2005 11:26 PM
KeepRigid Still of the Night!

I'm sorry, I guess I don't know how to play this game after all.
September 12th, 2005 11:28 PM
Saint Sway best rocker on ABB is clearly...

MOTHER OF A GUN!!!

those guitars ROCK!!!

Keiths still the man!!!
September 12th, 2005 11:34 PM
KeepRigid For one command I stand and wait now
From one who's master of my fate now
I can't escape for it's too late now
I'm just a prisoner of love
September 12th, 2005 11:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rough Justice by more than a nose
September 12th, 2005 11:51 PM
Saint Sway as far as Bigger Bang goes...

I would say the best rocker is easily "Gun"

and the best ballad is "Hard Woman"

ABB is clearly the most collaborative, cohesive and best overall Stones effort since Jamming With Edward.

Keith really left his signature mark all over Bang.

Ronnie even more so.
September 12th, 2005 11:54 PM
exile
quote:
West 8 wrote:
I know alot of people like ONNYA & RJ but Driving to Fast is the one I'm more impressed with. Anyone agree?

Im a BIG fan of RJ and ONNYA, but I have to agree "Driving Too Fast" really grabbed me. Its my favourite on the whole album.

Its fun, got a good groove.

ONNYA is next, great studio version
Then RJ (maybe I flogged this one too much in the beginning need to give it a week or too rest.)
September 12th, 2005 11:58 PM
KeepRigid Alone from night to night you'll find me
Too weak to break the chains that bind me
I need no shackles to remind me
I'm just a prisoner of love
September 13th, 2005 12:33 AM
Zulu Fun Mix I can't believe no one has said "Dangerous Beauty." The tension and tautness in that song--not to mention the savagely slashing lyrics--are the essence of good "rockers." Mick's phrasing is nothing short of brilliant.

Which is not to deny that "Rough Justice" and "ONNYA" and, for that matter, "She Saw Me Coming," aren't also excellent.
September 13th, 2005 12:35 AM
Daethgod Best rocker on ABB has to be "Turn The Girl Loose"
.... anyone .......

September 13th, 2005 12:49 AM
Mr Jimmy I go back and forth between RJ and ONNYA... it's a mood thing.

I'm looking forward to YEARS of indecision.
September 13th, 2005 01:09 AM
T&A The rockers represent the weaker side of the album. The only one that works for me much is DTF. And, Saint---you need some fresh material - it's gettin' stale...
[Edited by T&A]
September 13th, 2005 01:40 AM
the good
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:
I can't believe no one has said "Dangerous Beauty." The tension and tautness in that song--not to mention the savagely slashing lyrics--are the essence of good "rockers." Mick's phrasing is nothing short of brilliant.

Which is not to deny that "Rough Justice" and "ONNYA" and, for that matter, "She Saw Me Coming," aren't also excellent.

Yeah, Dangerous Beauty is killer. I really didn't like it too much at first, but its has grown on me quite a bit. That solo by Keith gets better with every listen; I feel like I'm in a car that lost its breaks when I listen to it. And Mick gets an A+ for the lyrics on this one. It took me a couple of listens before I really figured out what he was talking about.
September 13th, 2005 04:37 AM
Jumacfly Drving Too Fast!!
excellent Mick on this one!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)