ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
© Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: La bella Italia - Stones no. 1!!!! Return to archive
September 12th, 2005 04:10 PM
BlindLemon This is from iorr.org board, bing thanks to mauroo for posting, all da credits to him!

So, Stones top Italian charts, their third no. 1. over there only, according to mag article pasted by mauroo.

Therefore, tomorrow, I am going to cook a ton of pasta, grate gran padano over it, and spill t with a barrel of chianti to boost the ailing Italian economy where sensible people, despite the impending social security reform, couragously chose to spend some extra Euros on a very, very good album.

Avanti, popolo!

adding some more info:
http://www.musicalnews.com/articolo.php?codice=6731&sz=2
says that it has sold over 40k, and has already achieved gold status in its first week. Also, there is sg about how Italy knows better than the UK, where that wanker Blunt beat the Stones, seems to be a nice jab, but my Italian is too weak to get beyond understanding the gist of things.
[Edited by BlindLemon]
September 12th, 2005 04:23 PM
jb Surprisng..how many units? 3300?
September 12th, 2005 04:25 PM
BlindLemon How about over 40k? Sorry, jb, revised post later on, as I was reading more info.
September 12th, 2005 05:22 PM
maumau wow!
i did not expect that!
actually I did not even think to check the charts here in italy because, as the article explain, this place has never been much of a "stoned" country. We got Stones at #1 only 2 times: in 1965 with "Around and Around" and in 2002 with "Forty Licks", both compilation. About albums with new material: Tattoo and Dirty Work got to #3, Voodoo and Exile #4, and Bridges #7.

Article also mentions the only #19 of Flashpoint with Brown Sugar recorded in Turin 1990 (MY FIRST STONES CONCERT!!!)

Well, now that i know, i have had some clues: the little shop where i buy cds had already finished his copies when i got mine on September the 2nd afternoon. And the big record shop in the main railway station in Rome where i stop waiting from my train back home has had ABB on #1 the whole week.

Add some good reviews, the cover of the local edition of Rolling Stone a week before the release and here you go...

i don't think charts are very telling of the quality of music but i am very happy and also i hope they notice that

venite venite pietre rotolanti!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)