ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
© Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STONES OFFICALLY HIT#1 IN ENGLAND (first act to have #1 albums in 5 decades) Return to archive
September 11th, 2005 09:39 AM
Poison Dart The offical chart to be released today will give The Rolling Stones a number one album (of all new material) in five different decades.

Here is how the chart reads:

1/ The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang
2/ James Blunt - Back to Bedlham
3/ Kayne West - Late Registration
4/ Mcfly - Wonderland
5/ The Kaiserchiefs -Employment

I wonder if any of these acts will still be having #1 albums in the year 2047?

This is a truly amazing accomplishment that will never be equalled.
September 11th, 2005 09:45 AM
star star wooo! go team Stones. bloody legends. im glad they beat that whingeing Blunt character too. if people think some of the stones new lyrics are crap they should listen to that tosser's songs. he may aswell be writing about how his pet cat died.
September 11th, 2005 10:30 AM
GimmeExile Epic Achievement!

Let's hope the second week for Kanye West slowed down enough to allow the Stones to debut at number one in the U.S.
September 11th, 2005 10:40 AM
hotlicks God i remember the first stones albun
hitting number one in uk---1964----well done.
September 11th, 2005 10:55 AM
Poison Dart A BIGGER BANG IS #1. I love the sound of it
September 11th, 2005 12:27 PM
mrt my first post.it's only rock n roll but i like it.with all the whinning about the album and their age .it is to see them hit #1.
September 11th, 2005 12:39 PM
egon whoehoooooooooooooooooo!!!
September 11th, 2005 12:46 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
The offical chart to be released today will give The Rolling Stones a number one album (of all new material) in five different decades.

Here is how the chart reads:

1/ The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang
2/ James Blunt - Back to Bedlham
3/ Kayne West - Late Registration
4/ Mcfly - Wonderland
5/ The Kaiserchiefs -Employment

I wonder if any of these acts will still be having #1 albums in the year 2047?

This is a truly amazing accomplishment that will never be equalled.

Where did you see this information?
The album debuted at #2 and it's official.
September 11th, 2005 12:48 PM
Gazza BBC Ceefax is still showing last week's chart. Has this week's been confirmed yet?
September 11th, 2005 12:55 PM
blackandblue In Engeland: 2
In Holland 1

(official charts info)
September 11th, 2005 01:25 PM
hotlicks Is it no1 or no 2 ????
September 11th, 2005 01:27 PM
Col Two different sources saying two different things. Fuck, I was well chuffed for a few seconds anyway. Think i'll check ceefax at 7pm, only then will I truly beleive that The mighty Stones lost out to James frigging Blunt.Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by Col]
September 11th, 2005 02:36 PM
Cocaine Eyes I'm gonna believe the good news. It should be #1, so..........
September 11th, 2005 03:57 PM
kath jeezuz, whether it's number 1 or 2, it's great!!!
September 11th, 2005 09:56 PM
Soldatti
quote:
kath wrote:
jeezuz, whether it's number 1 or 2, it's great!!!

Under the circumstances (possible record, first #1 since 1994, the album #1 all the week except Saturday) is very DEPRESSING.
Sadly, the Stones are now a collection of #2 records, the act with more #2 records of the history.
September 11th, 2005 10:09 PM
exile debut at No. 4 in Australia

http://www.aria.com.au/pages/aria-charts-display.asp?chart=1A50
September 11th, 2005 10:47 PM
glencar Wow, my emotions ran the gamut on this thread. From "Wow! #1!" to "Oh shit! #2!" to "Hmmm, where'd I leave that beer..."
September 12th, 2005 03:32 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Under the circumstances (possible record, first #1 since 1994, the album #1 all the week except Saturday) is very DEPRESSING.
Sadly, the Stones are now a collection of #2 records, the act with more #2 records of the history.

Don't get too depressed. Enjoy the record man!
September 12th, 2005 12:45 PM
Soldatti
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Don't get too depressed. Enjoy the record man!

The difference between Blunt and the Stones was...................11 COPIES!!!!!!
Where is the gun?
September 12th, 2005 12:57 PM
blackandblue You are kidding!
September 12th, 2005 01:03 PM
Soldatti
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
You are kidding!

I wish, ABB lost the UK #1 for 11 damn copies.
September 12th, 2005 03:25 PM
jb Disgraceful and appalling....You would think someone would have contacted Mick and he could have bought 11 fucking copies...
September 12th, 2005 04:12 PM
gimmekeef He probably bought 5000 anyway....These sales would mean more to me if the competition was actually music.But this hip hop shit should be in its own category...GARBAGE...Even more depressing is the disinterest in Clapton and Dylan cds that are great....WTF has this world come too...I actually tried to listen to Kanye West to see what it is..Its the same bs dumbass beat that has been around for 5yrs now...no change
September 12th, 2005 04:15 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
He probably bought 5000 anyway....These sales would mean more to me if the competition was actually music.But this hip hop shit should be in its own category...GARBAGE...Even more depressing is the disinterest in Clapton and Dylan cds that are great....WTF has this world come too...I actually tried to listen to Kanye West to see what it is..Its the same bs dumbass beat that has been around for 5yrs now...no change

Agreed..todays youth will not do better than their parents..they are stuck in a world of hip-hop , gangsta rap, with no morales or values.
September 12th, 2005 05:07 PM
Mr D
Hip Hop ?

James Blunt is about as hip hop as Motorhead!
September 12th, 2005 05:15 PM
Col James Blunt is the poppiest of manufactured pop-pap. Pure drivel! Music for mams, wimps, girlies and grannies. He has the most girliest voice that has ever been put to record. Makes Mcartneys silly love songs sound like fucking avant-garde masterpieces.
September 12th, 2005 06:38 PM
exile these days its more about marketing than music

and fast food tie ins
when people like Justin Timberlake, Tony Hawk doing commercials for McDonalds.

they should be doing commercials for apples.
September 12th, 2005 06:44 PM
Jumacfly I m number 4, good score!
September 12th, 2005 10:32 PM
corgi37 As it said in the Herald-Sun today, #4 is not a bad effort with zero promotion and little air play.
September 12th, 2005 10:42 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
As it said in the Herald-Sun today, #4 is not a bad effort with zero promotion and little air play.

Actually it's a GREAT effort, they will tour there Corgi.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)