ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
© Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones: No "leftovers" in new album Return to archive
September 10th, 2005 04:32 PM
moy Rolling Stones: No "leftovers" in new album
Saturday, September 10, 2005

When the Rolling Stones released 2002's hits collection, 40 Licks, they said they had written a full album's worth of new songs in addition to the four fresh tracks included on the anthology. But none of those appear on the new Stones album, A Bigger Bang. Mick Jagger told us that he and guitarist Keith Richards wrote so many songs last year that they didn't bother revisiting the Licks leftovers:
[ click here to listen if you have a Backstage Pass] "We just started again. If we hadn't have had as much material, I would've probably, there was a couple in there I thought could've been really good, or we might want to rework them a little bit. But we never got to that, to be honest, 'cause we had so much stuff that was coming out."

A Bigger Bang, which came out on Tuesday (September 6th), features 16 new Jagger-Richards songs, including the first single, "Rough Justice," and the politically charged "Sweet Neo Con."

The Stones' tour continues on Saturday, September 10th, in Chicago. The group will also appear that night on the ReAct Now: Music & Relief telethon, airing commercial-free from 8:00 to 11:00 P.M. ET on MTV, VH1, CMT, VH1 Classic, and MTV2.
September 10th, 2005 04:53 PM
the good well, the well has clearly run dry for the Stones...
September 10th, 2005 05:03 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
the good wrote:
well, the well has clearly run dry for the Stones...

Huh? The article says just the opposite: The Stones had so much new material from a recent creative burst that they didn't have to revisit the 2002 Licks new material.
September 10th, 2005 05:06 PM
the good
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

Huh? The article says just the opposite: The Stones had so much new material from a recent creative burst that they didn't have to revisit the 2002 Licks new material.

I was joking!
September 10th, 2005 05:06 PM
the good
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

I was joking!
September 10th, 2005 05:33 PM
White House Lawn Great news--I hope we see at least two more albums, especially if Mick & Keith stick to writing in close proximity.
September 11th, 2005 08:28 AM
corgi37 They've said the same thing since 1978, and we STILL had to wait 8 years between albums. SW, VL, B2B were supposed to have heaps of songs left.

For 40 Licks, we got 4 mediocre songs. We STILL had to wait 8 years. 8 years! Why didnt they put out something from the Licks sessions, instead of the "hugely successful" Live Licks travesty?

They are full of shit. Bullshitting us, and probably themselves. 8 years!! 8 years between drinks, and they write 16 songs in a few weeks.

Something is wrong.
September 13th, 2005 09:33 AM
Jair 16 songs in eight yrs means half year to wrote each song.
I'm somehow frustrated.
September 13th, 2005 10:39 AM
Jumacfly we need the bootleg!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)