ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
© Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive
September 8th, 2005 10:50 PM
Angiegirl From Shidoobee, many thanks!

[Mick announces -after RJ- they will be on MTV Saturday night for hurricane benefit]

1. Start Me Up
2. It's Only Rock 'n Roll
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Waiting On A Friend (tour debut)
7. You Can't Always Get What You Want
8. All Down The Line
9. Night Time (with Buddy Guy)
intros
10. The Worst
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Oh No, Not You Again (B-stage)
14. You Got Me Rocking (B-stage)
15. Honky Tonk Women (B-stage)
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Paint It Black
18. Brown Sugar
19. Jumpin' Jack Flash
20. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (encore)

[Edited by Angiegirl]
September 8th, 2005 10:53 PM
Angiegirl Finally a setlist change??

Mick musta been more offended by Voodoo's RO header than by Keef's comments about Little Mick!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
September 8th, 2005 10:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Waiting òn a Friend and All Down The Line!!

Wait this time I ain'`t gonna do a header like the last one LOL
September 8th, 2005 10:59 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Waiting òn a Friend and All Down The Line!!

And YCAGWYW early in the set, wonder if they're gettin' too tired for 2 encores
September 8th, 2005 11:03 PM
Angiegirl YAY!! Buddy Guy!!

And btw: do I HAVE to enjoy this on my own???
Where are you guys?

[Edited by Angiegirl]
September 8th, 2005 11:07 PM
Surround Sister I´m here (not so much longer, though its
more exciting than ever... Or Moncton-class [=MR].
Guess surprises at B-stage-time,
just after Keith´s corner, right?
...And some not too awaited encore, maybe.
September 8th, 2005 11:09 PM
KeepRigid Cool. Could this mean hope for a Merle Haggard guest spot as well?
September 8th, 2005 11:24 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Guess surprises at B-stage-time

Yeah, YGMR
September 8th, 2005 11:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG Think we are going to need the boot from this one Angie!!
September 8th, 2005 11:27 PM
Angiegirl Yup! Definitely!!
September 9th, 2005 12:10 AM
T&A YGMR on the b-stage should warrant automatic full ticket price refunds....
September 9th, 2005 12:12 AM
Dan
quote:

Mick announces -after RJ- they will be on MTV Saturday night for hurricane benefit

Thousands of people die in a hurricane and they can only give us one freakin' setlist change. Will it take another Nicaraguan earthquake to get a gig with some different songs?
September 9th, 2005 01:39 AM
Poplar
quote:
Dan wrote:
Thousands of people die in a hurricane and they can only give us one freakin' setlist change. Will it take another Nicaraguan earthquake to get a gig with some different songs?

while i disagree with your premise... funny freak'n post, man.

September 9th, 2005 02:35 AM
montana
by Tom Lynn
September 9th, 2005 04:14 AM
Jeep From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

http://www.jsonline.com/onwisconsin/music/sep05/354404.asp

No stopping Stones from rocking
Band keeps fans on feet for 2-hour show
By DAVE TIANEN
Sept. 9, 2005

King Kong is 72 years old.

Would you want to fight him?

In much the same way, the Rolling Stones remain a rock 'n' roll behemoth long after logic and the calendar should have dictated otherwise.

Thursday night the Stones brought their Bigger Bang tour to the Bradley Center for another sold-out show. For two hours from start to a one-encore "Satisfaction" finish they kept a mostly middle-age audience on its feet without a break, without even more than a smattering of ballads to rest Mick Jagger's 62-year-old bones.

How do they do it? It starts with an arsenal of great rockers that pack more bang than Saddam Hussein on his best day. "Start Me Up," "It's Only Rock and Roll," "Sympathy for the Devil," "Tumbling Dice," "Brown Sugar," "Jumpin' Jack Flash," "You Got Me Rocking," and even the Middle Eastern guitar voodoo of "Paint It Black," they are all timeless.

So in their own way are the sodden blues of "Honky Tonk Women" and even the hedonistic sentiment of "Miss You." "Miss You" is regret and longing wrapped in a slippery coat of lubricant.

Some of Thursday's best moments were less expected. The Stones have always liked to use a voluptuous black woman as an erotic prop, and Lisa Fischer - all plunging cleavage, slit skirt and booming pipes - matches Mick, hoochie for coochie. On a salute to Ray Charles, Fischer and Jagger took Brother Ray's classic blur of blues and gospel in "Night Time Is the Right Time" and lit a match to it. Adding to the heat was opener Buddy Guy, who busted a string trying to fan the flames.

The Stones also served a fair sampling of new material and kept the crowd on its feet for such unfamiliar fare as "Rough Justice" and the hard-pounding "Oh No, Not You Again." Themes of sexual persecution abound on "Bigger Bang," and one of the best was Richards croaking his way through "Infamy," a sort of plea for mercy to the decadent.

And then there is the sheer force of personality. Jagger remains a study in narcissistic arrogance boiled to charismatic perfection. Still ridiculously lean and gaudy as the Vegas strip, he prances, struts, poses and shimmies like the devil's own hooker. Thursday he came on stage all in black and red with a plastic fedora, looking like a box of bon bons from Frederick's of Hollywood.

And then there is Keith. Keith Richards makes decay cool. Lined beyond cragginess, he still has the swagger of an ancient pirate, with a tangled nest of frizzy black gray hair held in check by a spangled head band. He strikes the classic Chuck Berry pose, legs splayed, bent at the waist and rocking side to side on emerald green shoes.

Even Charlie Watts is a kind of wonder. How many 64-year-old drummers could hold up to two hours of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "You Got Me Rocking" night after night?

As mentioned, Buddy Guy opened. Often cited as Eric Clapton's favorite guitarist, Guy is by far the most vital of the remaining classic Chicago bluesmen. With his muscular style, he made Stevie Ray Vaughan and all his musical progeny possible. Unfortunately, he has a tendency to clown and showboat his way through a set. Thursday, he came to play, and the Bradley crowd was rewarded with an intense one-two of "Feels Like Rain" and "Damn Right, I've Got the Blues."
September 9th, 2005 08:47 AM
Madafaka Well, at least this change is a good sign.
September 9th, 2005 10:19 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT nice set but 20 songs is weak, i thought 21 was weak on licks, keep it at 21 and ill be satisfied!
September 9th, 2005 11:16 AM
Saint Sway ONNYA & YGMR makes for a nice 1-2 punch on the b-stage

also like WOAF & YCAGWYW back 2 back

Satisfaction encore is boring and should be dropped.
Or drop IORR for good. Slip Satisfaction into the 2 spot. It hasnt been used there and would make a great bang there. Too predictable of an encore once you've already ran thru BS & JJF.

instead put Sympathy or Gimme Shelter in the encore spot. And bring back OOC after the b-stage set.

and drop Miss You. They can play any song in there catalog once they roll out on that moving b-stage and folks will be up and into it. If they feel they need a warhorse in that spot try Paint It Black or HTW.
September 9th, 2005 01:24 PM
Dan
quote:
T&A wrote:
YGMR on the b-stage should warrant automatic full ticket price refunds....

I think this sounds best on the B stage. The only place I could imagine it sounding better would be in a theatre.
September 9th, 2005 01:36 PM
The Wick At last, a proper setlist, although I agree that it should have been 21. She Saw Me Coming would be nice.
September 9th, 2005 02:06 PM
hotlicks great setlist......b stage choices awesome!!
September 9th, 2005 03:06 PM
Saint Sway while everyones patting them on the back for the set list...

its the same 20 songs (1 change) they just shuffled the deck.

I still pose the question? WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO IN TORONTO???

did they spend 6 weeks learning 20 songs? Are these the only songs they know??
September 9th, 2005 03:08 PM
Nellcote Sway, you did not take my advise...
Several weeks ago, I mentioned to ask your Virgin buddy
to ask Chuck. He's the direct link to the inner sanctum..
Find out will ya?
Chuck will Let You Down Real Slow.....
September 9th, 2005 03:39 PM
The Wick
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
while everyones patting them on the back for the set list...

I was comparing it with opening night, that's why I said it was a good setlist. I agree that it could be far better though.
September 9th, 2005 03:56 PM
mmdog
quote:
T&A wrote:
YGMR on the b-stage should warrant automatic full ticket price refunds....

I like the song. However it really does shine on the B-Stage. The guitars really pick up on the small stage. It was played on the B-stage at two shows I attended (Washington '97 and Las Vegas '03) and the crowd loved it both times.
September 9th, 2005 04:17 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
while everyones patting them on the back for the set list...

I think it flows a little better

quote:

"Prepare" for the tour, which entails a lot more than merely learning songs.
September 9th, 2005 04:43 PM
ziggypayne I like You Got Me Rocking, but would much rather see Midnight Rambler on the b-stage (or as an encore).

Waiting On A Friend for Back of My Hand is a bad trade off, no matter how you slice it. Rather than replacing BoMH with an old song, how about a little Laugh, I Nearly Died? It's a pretty strong new track, and it's also a slower tune.

I agree with the person that said this setlist format flows better than the other version. Still, as Sway said, Satisfaction as the lone encore is somewhat anti-climatic. By the time the encore comes around, how can you not see that coming?

As for dropping Miss You, that would be a dream come true for me. I can't stand that song, and had the misfortune of seeing it on the b-stage of the Philly arena show last year. I'd much rather see Paint It Black, Gimme Shelter, You Got Me Rocking, It's Only Rock And Roll, or just about anything else in that slot. What a dreadful tune. Still, since that's the tune where the stage moves, I doubt it will go anywhere. Between the band's comfort level of playing while the stage moves, and timing issues for various cues to the crew, it seems like we are stuck with Miss You.
September 9th, 2005 08:02 PM
luxury1 WHy, I quite like that red hat..........
September 10th, 2005 12:21 AM
texile
quote:
Dan wrote:

lol....i laughed at that in spite of myself.
September 12th, 2005 06:54 PM
Rockola
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
From Shidoobee, many thanks!

[Mick announces -after RJ- they will be on MTV Saturday night for hurricane benefit]

1. Start Me Up
2. It's Only Rock 'n Roll
3. She's So Cold
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Waiting On A Friend (tour debut)
7. You Can't Always Get What You Want
8. All Down The Line
9. Night Time (with Buddy Guy)
intros
10. The Worst
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Oh No, Not You Again (B-stage)
14. You Got Me Rocking (B-stage)
15. Honky Tonk Women (B-stage)
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Paint It Black
18. Brown Sugar
19. Jumpin' Jack Flash
20. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (encore)

[Edited by Angiegirl]

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)