ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
© Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones/Crowes back to back in D.C.! Return to archive
September 8th, 2005 10:27 AM
Mel Belli It's Saint Sway's dream exacta: Just got me a pair of Crowes tickets at the 9:30 CLub for Oct. 4 (they're also playing on the 3rd but, ahem, there's another act in town that night).

September 8th, 2005 10:36 AM
Saint Sway thats so cool!

2 nights of back to back killer riffs!!!!

you get to hear the Worlds Greatest R&R Band on the 3rd and then you get to hear how they used to sound - and should still sound - on the 4th.

I'll ask them to throw some Stones in for you on the 4th

enjoy!
September 8th, 2005 10:46 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I'll ask them to throw some Stones in for you on the 4th

enjoy!

That'd be cool. And tell Chris not to tweak the Stones for ticket prices (I know it'll be on his mind).
September 8th, 2005 10:49 AM
wisertime Saint Sway, don't forget to tell them to come in Europe in 2006 !!! We need them !!
September 8th, 2005 10:59 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

That'd be cool. And tell Chris not to tweak the Stones for ticket prices (I know it'll be on his mind).

ha! Unfortunately whenever anythings on his mind it always winds up being blurted out of his mouth. Hes not exactly known for holding things back.

fwitw, he is a big fan. He idolized the Stones. I guess, like me, he's a fan but gets pissed about certain things they do and then rants about them. I know I only do it here bc I care. I mean, you wont catch me on a Limp Bizkit board bitching about their integrity, ya know. The Stones are the best so they just have the effect on me where certain things actually bother me or piss me off.

anyways, as of last night, it looks like they'll be coming to the MSG show w/me so hopefully it'll be a cool show and Rich will get inspired to cover some more songs.
September 8th, 2005 11:25 AM
GimmeExile The Crowes show on 10/3 will start late, so you can go to the Stones and then catch a cab to the 9:30 Club.

September 8th, 2005 11:28 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
wisertime wrote:
Saint Sway, don't forget to tell them to come in Europe in 2006 !!! We need them !!

they're coming in earlly '06. I believe a run of Amsterdam shows is slated for the same time as the Stones MSG 06 shows.

how'd your NYC record shopping go?
September 8th, 2005 11:28 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
The Crowes show on 10/3 will start late, so you can go to the Stones and then catch a cab to the 9:30 Club.

Oh, don't tempt me.
September 8th, 2005 11:39 AM
wisertime
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

they're coming in earlly '06. I believe a run of Amsterdam shows is slated for the same time as the Stones MSG 06 shows.

how'd your NYC record shopping go?

Thanks ! Great to hear that, I'm looking for Brussels and Paris gigs. I saw there would be a new album also.

NYC records shops are great !! I was with a friend who knew them, he bought a lot of bootlegs. It was a nice trip, I hope to come again because 6 days are too short !!
I didn't see concerts but as soon as I came back I went to Belgium to see Gov't Mule, great show !!
September 8th, 2005 06:56 PM
pdog The Black Crowes tour is a bust!
September 8th, 2005 08:16 PM
White House Lawn People bitch about GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY--even IT is better than NEW EARTH MUD! : P
September 8th, 2005 08:20 PM
Saint Sway Mud sucks. Crowes kick ass and take names.

mock em all you want. But deep down you know that the Black Crowes' Marc Ford & Rich Robinson make Woody & Keith sound like the guitarists in the COUNTING Crows.

like em or not. the boys rock.
September 8th, 2005 08:28 PM
White House Lawn Who is covering whose songs on a nightly basis?
September 8th, 2005 08:31 PM
Saint Sway I didnt say they write better songs. They'll be the 1st to admit that.

Just saying they're better geetar players these days.

Seeing the Crowes is like seeing Taylor & Richards at their zenith.
September 8th, 2005 08:35 PM
White House Lawn And I can run faster than the 65 year old guy that lives next door to me! Your point is an obvious--and moot--one.
[Edited by White House Lawn]
September 8th, 2005 09:33 PM
KeepRigid Tell them to record something while they've got Gorman hanging around! (And only take 8 days to do it, too.)
September 8th, 2005 11:24 PM
Nellcote Seeing the Crowes now is akin to watching paint dry, IMO.
September 9th, 2005 01:03 AM
ResidentMule "Who is covering whose songs on a nightly basis?"

and just who is making the moot points?

look, I can play in this game too. which band is playing about 4 times as many songs this year even though their catalog is about a tenth the size of the other. not to mention - the Crowes cover Tumbling Dice probably one out of ten shows(with a few rare occurances of Happy, Loving Cup and Torn & Frayed). the Stones are covering the same Ray Charles song pretty much every night

a Stones vs. Crowes argument here always turns into two people in glass houses throwing rocks at each other. one band is too young and derivative to seriously compare to the most endurinig band in rock n roll, the other is too old to remember more than 20 of their own songs. come on, are you guys trying to bum me out that I'm seeing BOTH these bands next month?
September 9th, 2005 01:22 AM
winter Don't waste your time on the Crowes - I recently saw them at the Orpheum in Boston - 2 words come to mind: Bor - Ing!

Unfortunate, b/c I have always liked them.

When did the switch from playing gritty rock-n-roll to being a jam band?

At least Chris has toned down his copy cat mannerisms of Mick circa late 60's / early 70's.

wintah
[Edited by winter]
September 12th, 2005 02:06 PM
Jair Is it "By your side" a good album to start listen Black Crowes?
And about Three Snakes..."?

Both are for sale by about 5 USD in a local store...
Thanks in advance for any help!

[Edited by Jair]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)