ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
© Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Finally! After 8 long years...... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
September 9th, 2005 04:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Flea! I hadn't thought of that....it IS the best Jagger solo album. His backing band is a hell of a lot better.

I will see you tonite Bro. Gregg and I are going to the viewing sometime between 6:30 & 7pm. We'll stop in after. I have something for you! You will like.

Beside the 2 songs Keith sings...does anyone think that he wrote or helped to write(I mean in a meaningful way)any of the songs on ABB? I sure don't hear it. Maybe Rough Justice?

This is certainly Mick's album. I can't believe I've seen the day when the Stones have become Mick's backing band.

I don't care. They still have the best back catalogue of rock n roll songs by far. They still play 'em pretty good too. And I guess for what it is, A Bigger Bang is probably pretty good. I just wish I liked that kind of thing.
September 9th, 2005 04:09 PM
egon ss,

I love you man. the platonic love of course!

you were the 1st person ever on the internet to give
me sometging without asking something in return.
that was an amasing feeling.

i wish you especially a very nice weekend!
September 9th, 2005 04:12 PM
marko i just hope,we could throw some air guitar on sept.30.
Not while yer driving!
September 9th, 2005 04:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot Thanks egon...you are aces in my book to bro. I know I don't have to wish you a good weekend because you already KNOW what to do! Go get 'em mon ami!

Oh hell yeah Marko. Air guitar like a mofo!

I got all sorts of great stuff on my iPod. You can play DJ all the way home!
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
September 9th, 2005 06:40 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Beside the 2 songs Keith sings...does anyone think that he wrote or helped to write(I mean in a meaningful way)any of the songs on ABB? I sure don't hear it. Maybe Rough Justice?

I say RJ, IWTL, SSMC, and maybe some of ONNYA
Certainly not 50-50 eh?
September 9th, 2005 06:47 PM
ResidentMule >>>IWTL, SSMC, ONNYA

they sure as hell didn't include these songs for Mick's lyrics or melodies
September 9th, 2005 07:17 PM
Zulu Fun Mix I think Keith probably played a prominent role in writing "Dangerous Beauty," in addition to ONNYA, etc. But by the way, even if this were purely a Mick Jagger solo CD, it wouldn't be his best. *Wandering Spirit* would be his best, by far. That one is a classic; this one, though very good, isn't.

PS: I'd like to read the full Fleabit Peanut Monkey review of ABB. When can we expect it?

ZFM
September 12th, 2005 01:57 AM
gypsymofo60 Well after repeated listening I still think it's the best since Tatts. Much better flow about than the staggered Babs & Voodoo. Shits all over Dirty Work, on par, maybe slightly better than Undercover, but it coulda done with some standout tracks which Undercover had. I love ROugh Justice, but Streets of Love as the single? They promote the album with that?....Shades of Mixed Emotions. Wrong choice to sell the album on. Still it's certainly selling well in Melbourne. Alot of stores sold out large shipments by Thursday 8/09/05. Thats just four days. Looks like it's gonna chart well here. I take back the dig about rehashes. It sounds fresh, and Jagger's best lyrics in years. In yer face. 8 out of 10. Exile? Get ferked!
September 12th, 2005 04:34 AM
exile yep guess lots of people like that "Adult Contemporary pop" SS was talking about

debut at no. 4 in Australia
September 12th, 2005 02:27 PM
texile it kicks ass all over B2B,VL,DW and SW but not as nasty as undercover.......and it lacks that one great song like undercover of the night, although danferous beauty and ONNYA are my favorites right now.
September 12th, 2005 06:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot >yep guess lots of people like that "Adult Contemporary pop" SS was talking about<

Well duh.

Why do you think Mariah Carey and Celine Dion sell bazillions of albums? The vast majority of the public likes nice, safe, bland, calm music. And that's fine.

I like nasty, dangerous, aggressive, up-tempo, guitar driven rock n roll. A Bigger Bang just ain't that.

I gave my copy to my son. I doubt that I ever listen to it again. It's just not my cup of tea.
September 12th, 2005 06:43 PM
Saint Sway so true!

why do people measure a good record by how many copies it sells???

some of the best albums I own - like Woody's records - or the Faces - never sold shit. And they rock the hell out of 99% of the top selling albums!
September 12th, 2005 06:59 PM
exile The only thing I measure a good record by is if I like it or not

Im glad to say that I like this one. A Bigger Bang

[Edited by exile]
September 12th, 2005 09:25 PM
full moon Some of your " opinions" are a joke.... This is a great album by a bunch of 60 yr olds..........
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)