ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
Đ Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Finally! After 8 long years...... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
September 8th, 2005 01:33 PM
hotlicks it's only an album for fuck sake, is ther any point in hurling insults at each other,we are all on this board because we love the stones---i think ?? Cmon guys chill out and if anybody tells me to fuck off i'll knock their melt in!!!!!!!!!!!! norn ireland 1 england 0
September 8th, 2005 01:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot I guess you have to be a shit sucking sycophant around here now.

Rocks Off is now the new Shidoobee. So....

All hail THE ROLLING STONES, the infallible gods of everything that they survey!

How's this?

I really love the new album. It sounds GREAT! Every song is destined to be a new classic, and it will sound great on 95.5 The River, Rock n Roll Without The Hard Edge. Mick Jagger should be the primary songwriter from now on because all the songs he wrote on A Bigger Bang are just PERFECT. I give this album a 12 on a scale of 1->10. No wait, make that a 14, yeah a 14 out of 10. Oh, what the hell, make it a 15.

I apologize for my earlier individuality. I promise to be a good sheep from now on. Can you ever forgive me?
September 8th, 2005 02:00 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I guess you have to be a shit sucking sycophant around here now.

All hail THE ROLLING STONES, the infallible gods of everything that they survey!

How's this?

I really love the new album. It sounds GREAT! Every song is destined to be a new classic, and it will sound great on 95.5 The River, Rock n Roll Without The Hard Edge. Mick Jagger should be the primary songwriter from now on because all the songs he wrote on A Bigger Bang are just PERFECT. I give this album a 12 on a scale of 1->10. No wait, make that a 14, yeah a 14 out of 10. Oh, what the hell, make it a 15.

I apologize for my earlier individuality. I promise to be a good sheep from now on. Can you ever forgive me?

I like the new album....and that post too!
September 8th, 2005 02:16 PM
ListenToTheLion I apologize for my earlier individuality. I promise to be a good sheep from now on. Can you ever forgive me?

OK for once i will forgive you, but please try to behave in future. And don't ever leave the flock again!
September 8th, 2005 02:58 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

So send me my Shidobee sticker !!
September 8th, 2005 03:16 PM
ListenToTheLion Is there also I Shidobee T-Shirt? I want to order one. And I am NOT living in France so it will arrive for sure.
September 8th, 2005 03:25 PM
nankerphelge "I promise to be a good sheep from now on"

September 8th, 2005 03:40 PM
gimmekeef Go ahead..kick me in the nuts...But I still like this album..in 2-3 months who knows...then I'll rank it...I do know I haven't played BTB or VL for a damn long time...
September 8th, 2005 03:57 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Is there also I Shidobee T-Shirt? I want to order one. And I am NOT living in France so it will arrive for sure.

hey fuck you on this one !!!
September 8th, 2005 07:17 PM
Soldatti Let's talk about the new album in a few months, we'll see if it's the same.
September 8th, 2005 08:36 PM
J.J.Flash Since the time when Stonesy posted his review, his first impression on this great, terrific album, I'm sure he has listened to it many many times and I'm sure every song on it has grown on his "personal billboard"....... I really love this album and I don't think there would be anything better they could put on this. I really don't know what Stones' fans are seeking on their new stuff, not really.

Despite I agree with every single word fellow Stonesy types on his keyboard, I can't agree with a single letter of his review.
September 9th, 2005 02:15 AM
marko Iīm looking for Keith Richards,the one who used to PLAY!
He is just pending some notes,fills up,or just plays little
better fills.Theres no tight riff at all.Just couple of hooks.To me,it ainīt enough.
Too Tight alone,washes up rough justice.Only good 2 riffs are It wonīt be long and Driving too fast.
Guitars are buried in the mix.
I think they could have done better!
Its also stupid to think that canīt,because they are old.
What abour chuck īberry?Or any other old blues or r/b artist?They still can play.Keith canīt,or he doesnīt want
to.I wonder,people say his playing very well on this tour.
How come he is so audible on ABB?I donīt get it why.
And donīt tell me i have bad speakers,because i DON`T.
Maybe i have wax in my ears,but i ainīt that deaf.
September 9th, 2005 02:58 AM
hotlicks When's the last time chuck berry wrote a decent tune ?? answer------about 30 years ago!
September 9th, 2005 02:58 AM
marko thats right,but i think he can still play?
September 9th, 2005 03:33 AM
hotlicks To shit sucking sycophant------much better------lol.
September 9th, 2005 03:51 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
marko wrote:
thats right,but i think he can still play?

Why do you think that? That man has become a laughter. The last time he played a decent solo must have been 35 years ago. Nowadays you are lucky when he shows up at his own concerts.
September 9th, 2005 04:55 AM
marko Just comparing,some people think that keith canīt play
because of his age,but i think its the sticky fingers.
But what about Bob Dylan,he is not having any troubles.
I think keith abuse of boose drugs and all,is finally
showing out.Which is sad really,i never wanted this to
happen.
September 9th, 2005 05:07 AM
beer
quote:
marko wrote:
Just comparing,some people think that keith canīt play
because of his age,but i think its the sticky fingers.
But what about Bob Dylan,he is not having any troubles.

I saw Bob Dylan about a month and a half ago. Very Close. He never touched a guitar once.

I aint slagging him, though, i loved the show.

-
September 9th, 2005 05:22 AM
marko He never touched a guitar once

Really?
September 9th, 2005 05:31 AM
beer Really!

But it was still a great show IMO.

-
September 9th, 2005 07:32 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Why do you think that? That man has become a laughter. The last time he played a decent solo must have been 35 years ago. Nowadays you are lucky when he shows up at his own concerts.

I swear I won't reply to these kind of negative thing...... I won't have a hear-attack as usual.... I swear the God... go ahead... keep on bashing 'em folks....
September 9th, 2005 07:44 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
"...shit sucking sycophants..."

Sound more like Macca fans to me.
September 9th, 2005 07:49 AM
egon ok, i'm gonna say it now;

biggest mistake should NOT have been on the album.

it should have been on goddess.
September 9th, 2005 07:56 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
marko wrote:
He never touched a guitar once

Really?

word is that Dylan has arthritis...he's been playing electric piano and harmonica only for about two years now...frankly I think Keith's decline as a player can be put down as much to that arthritis as to any other cause
September 9th, 2005 09:59 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

I swear I won't reply to these kind of negative thing...... I won't have a hear-attack as usual.... I swear the God... go ahead... keep on bashing 'em folks....

I was talking about Chuck Berry....
September 9th, 2005 03:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot Maybe Chuck can't play anymore...but he can sure as heck still pee on a white woman!
September 9th, 2005 03:43 PM
KeepRigid When is someone going to win this contest?
September 9th, 2005 03:44 PM
marko LOL!

September 9th, 2005 03:46 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Maybe Chuck can't play anymore...but he can sure as heck still pee on a white woman!

Yeah buddy. I heard THAT!

Agree with you, pretty much, about ABB. Also agree with Marko - it's a MJ solo album. If you look at it that way, it's the best Mick solo album ever!

Did you hear about Brownie's brother? The viewing's tonight. Stop by my place if you come down.
September 9th, 2005 03:51 PM
pdog "So I stuffed my anger. And I stuffed my face. And that's why I weighed three hundred pounds."

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)