ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
Đ Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Finally! After 8 long years...... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
September 7th, 2005 11:31 PM
PeerQueer Another day in the rotation...

I love it.

Life is good!
September 7th, 2005 11:50 PM
exile
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
And Exile....you say I need professional help, yet you make comments like the following:

>Your whole life must be disappointments...try suicide<

Yes you sound like quite the stable fellow. Advising suicide over being disappointed by an album.

I don't even know you...and I don't have a problem with you
we disagree on this album, so what.

Anyone can see that my comments regarding suicide were in jest and were a joke. Only an idiot would think I was serious, and im sure your not an idiot.
If you are devoid of a sense of humor then thats another issue all together.

If you don't like the album, then have fun waiting 10 years for the next one. meanwhile I will enjoy the album I have ABB. ok

because personally i don't really care what you think about the album.
September 8th, 2005 12:01 AM
gypsymofo60 Well although I don't visit the site too often anymore I thought, let's see what the real fans think. First cab off the rank SirStoney. Well here's one guy's opinion I really trust. No arse licking "Oh it's wonderfull!" when it aint shit here. Thanks for the honesty man. Here in OZ we've had jerks like this Nui Te Koh dip-shit telling us we're about to re-visit Exile On Main Street. "Their best effort in 33 years"....PULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Let's face it! They're too old to care about making really meaningfull music anymore. Too old, too rich, and in some cases too fucked up. In ten years we'll be told this, like BABYLON was Voodoo reject material rehashed, given a spit and polish and the boys at Virgin said; "You're The Stones!" "Do as thou wilt." Face it guys, Tattoo You was the last of the GREAT albums. Since 1983 they've just been going through the motions, and some of it could certainly be likened to motions. Bowel motions. Will I buy it? Yeah! Outta loyalty again. Will I go to see another live show? NO! I'm not sure how I really feel about this album yet. But I worried when I heard the title right off. A Bigger Bang? Hardly inspiring, is it? Judgement on hold for now.
September 8th, 2005 12:15 AM
Zulu Fun Mix Actually, ABB is only a few mistakes away from being a truly great CD. Both those mistakes are devastating. The slick/sweet/pop approaches to "Streets of Love" and (the otherwise good) "Biggest Mistake" are obvious and predictable. What's shocking and surprising is that they would let Ronnie's lameness hear the light of day.

For example, put on "Driving to Fast," go to the 2:30 mark, and listen to that "guitar solo." It's just NOTHING, not even a joke. Same with his "solo" on "Rough Justice." Keith and Mick do a great job with the rhythm guitars and the jabs all the way through, but a guitar band needs a lead guitarist. Ronnie has totally lost it. he is fading fast. Compare his utter nonsense on ABB with his excellent interventions on VL (like in "Blinded by Rainbows" or "You Got Me Rockin'". I can't see why Mick and Keith let his "contribution" make it to the final ABB recording unless they just felt sorry for him, knowing his time on the planet may be limit. It's sad, but Ronnie's embarrassing performance is the main reason, I think--though not quite the only reason--this very good album can't qualify as great.
September 8th, 2005 12:17 AM
texile bowel motions.....yes mofo - i agree with you AND the sir.
i like much of it because of the grooves...and that's just it - i felt that way about VL the first time i heard it - but they didn't stay with me because what it really comes down to for me is MEANING - not DEEP meaning...just SOMETHING that lasts....grooves are grooves but so was KC and the sunshine band - nothing wrong with that cos i like it funky....but you don't wonder what he's saying in these songs like you do on the really great shit - and you don't FEEL the songs like the great shit;
what bothers the fuck out of me is this constant some girls refernces in reviews - now, SG is sacred to me after exile...and this has none of that passion;
i like it for what it is - but it's closer to undercover in feel to me - not a bad thing but not a great thing.
damn sir - you're a HARD motherfucker and i feel an affinity and that's scary as shit!
September 8th, 2005 12:50 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hard?

Yeah, I was hard about 45 minutes ago...but the wife helped me out with that.

I'm a little tired right now, but not hard anymore.

LOL!

September 8th, 2005 03:21 AM
ListenToTheLion [quote] I'm gonna listen some more, but this album just isn't getting it done for me. So, go ahead. Flame away. I've said all I have to say. All I can do is be honest. If that pissed you off....too fuckin' bad. [unquote]

Do you really think you are so important that someone might have a sleepness night because of what you think? Your arrogance is repulsive.
September 8th, 2005 03:46 AM
beer Best Stones album since Tattoo you. I felt that way 2 weeks ago. i feel the same way today.

-
September 8th, 2005 03:55 AM
IanBillen
Not for anything...but, and this is not to be taken in a dis-respectable tone:

Who gives a shit what Sir-Stonesalot, or anyone eles thinks about the album.
What should matter is what YOU think of the album and what it does for you.

I mean I'm actually reading where folks on this board are not going to go out and buy the album because someone eles says they don't like it....WTF?
Or they are "bummed" because somebody eles doesn't like it....???

Come now. Is every single syllable another person says gospel to you?
Rate it yourself man.

Ian

September 8th, 2005 04:10 AM
marko Theres no keiths input on the album.Just only 2-3tracks.
Which is sad actually,edge is missing from this album.NONE
of these songs doesnīt crab like even Donīt stop,or too tight.Where Keith was still at it.His precense just isnīt
there anymore,neither is Ronnie,theres still 2 left,but is
that THE ROLLING STONES?

answer is very simple,NO.I still think after 10listenings that this is micks album,others were just guests.ABB has
lot of glimmers from Wandiring Spirit and Goddess in the
doorway.

Like SS said,this is adult music,not rock n roll.

However i still like the cd,but it isnīt worth of 8 years
waiting.
September 8th, 2005 04:48 AM
blackandblue It is the Stones yeah and it is the best you may expect. Needless to say they won't match their golden age. But considering the crap they have made since Tattoo You I was pleasantly surprised when I heard ABB.
September 8th, 2005 05:11 AM
marko I donīt think that Undercover or Voodoo,or even Bridges
were crap.Those all 3 better than ABB.

Iīm allready bored for the new cd.And it isnīt a question,that are they good as in their golden era/age.

Stones have only 1 guy writing music,and its Mick.
September 8th, 2005 05:21 AM
blackandblue
quote:
marko wrote:
I donīt think that Undercover or Voodoo,or even Bridges
were crap.Those all 3 better than ABB.

Iīm allready bored for the new cd.And it isnīt a question,that are they good as in their golden era/age.

Stones have only 1 guy writing music,and its Mick.

Well you can't blame him if Keith has no inspiration left can you?

In my opinion Undercover and Dirty Work are crap, SW, VL and BTB a little less crap. So A Bigger Bang wins easy.
September 8th, 2005 05:49 AM
lotsajizz what's with the Tatoo You praise? a cobbled together bunch of rejects, some twelve or more years old--the album has no consistency and is outshone by many that followed...not the least of which was Dirty Work
September 8th, 2005 05:58 AM
blackandblue
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
what's with the Tatoo You praise? a cobbled together bunch of rejects, some twelve or more years old--the album has no consistency and is outshone by many that followed...not the least of which was Dirty Work

Tattoo You.

Side one: ups and downs. Ups: Start Me Up, Black Limousine, Slave, Little T & A. Downs: Hang Fire, Neighbours.

Side two is classic. All great, outstanding songs. Worried About You was the highlight during the Licks tour.
September 8th, 2005 07:20 AM
bez85 I hope Keith's saving his good stuff for his next solo record. I agree he wasn't present on ABB...
September 8th, 2005 07:31 AM
maumau
quote:
bez85 wrote:
I agree he (keith) wasn't present on ABB...

ah hah ah hah ah hah that's funny! post of the month
September 8th, 2005 07:48 AM
blackandblue
quote:
maumau wrote:

ah hah ah hah ah hah that's funny! post of the month

Not funny but quite stupid. Keith's rhtythm guitar is oustanding on ABB.
September 8th, 2005 07:54 AM
Jumacfly ABB means also the end of the guitar combo KR/RW....now the Stones guitar players on the record are Mick and Keef, it's a new era, let's face it...
September 8th, 2005 08:00 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
ABB means also the end of the guitar combo KR/RW....now the Stones guitar players on the record are Mick and Keef, it's a new era, let's face it...

Well you never too old to learn. Why could Mick not replace Ronnie on guitar? Maybe Ron can play bass. Or learn to play piano so they can fire that tree-snuggler.
September 8th, 2005 08:09 AM
bez85 Keith's guitar is mixed back in most of the songs. The mix is muddy sounding and I don't like the eighties sounding effects on Charlies drums..
September 8th, 2005 08:15 AM
blackandblue
quote:
bez85 wrote:
Keith's guitar is mixed back in most of the songs. The mix is muddy sounding and I don't like the eighties sounding effects on Charlies drums..

On my copy I hear Keith loud and clear. With Charlies drumming nothing is wrong. So where are you talking about?
September 8th, 2005 08:27 AM
bez85 Charlie's drumming is great through out the CD, it's the echo/reverb eighties sounding effects added to the drums that bother me..yeah you can hear Keith but I want it in my face..It's too middle of the road safe
September 8th, 2005 08:31 AM
exile
quote:
bez85 wrote:
I hope Keith's saving his good stuff for his next solo record. I agree he wasn't present on ABB...

What do you mean? Listen to keith play on It Won't Take Long, Dangerous Beauty and Driving Too Fast

Fucking outstanding!!!

September 8th, 2005 09:31 AM
Scratched Back I just had to register after lurking here for some time. All this negativity regards the new album, I can't believe it. For me, it is sooo great. I just love it. Great songs, great sound, great groove, great singing.

And what I simply don't get that it appears that quite a lot of people think it sucks cuz its a MJ record. First of all, Keith is present on this album very much so. Second of all, its not an insult for a stones record to have a substantial MJ signature now is it?? I mean, Im a keef man myself for as long as Im a fan. But really mick is just as much stones as keef is. And guys lets face, if indeed MJ wrote most of ABB, that's most likely since nowadays he's got some more melodies left in him than keef does these days.
September 8th, 2005 09:33 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Scratched Back wrote:
I just had to register after lurking here for some time. All this negativity regards the new album, I can't believe it. For me, it is sooo great. I just love it. Great songs, great sound, great groove, great singing.

And what I simply don't get that it appears that quite a lot of people think it sucks cuz its a MJ record. First of all, Keith is present on this album very much so. Second of all, its not an insult for a stones record to have a substantial MJ signature now is it?? I mean, Im a keef man myself for as long as Im a fan. But really mick is just as much stones as keef is. And guys lets face, if indeed MJ wrote most of ABB, that's most likely since nowadays he's got some more melodies left in him than keef does these days.

Welcome Scratch! great post,you got a good point here!
September 8th, 2005 09:37 AM
blackandblue Scratch is the new SS: Sir Scratch welcome. The old SS is buried.
September 8th, 2005 10:31 AM
Lethargy
quote:
exile wrote:

I cant believe it ethier......
back whe B2B and new songs on Forty licks were released everyone was saying how over produced they sounded. What they wanted was a back to basics raw stones record....

now they get exactly that......and its still not good enough for some.

For many, including myself, the raw basic SOUND is a good thing, and it's just the actual SONGS that suck.
September 8th, 2005 10:33 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

For many, including myself, the raw basic SOUND is a good thing, and it's just the actual SONGS that suck.

Many songs are catchy on ABB (just IMHO)...
and Dirty Work is still available in store.
September 8th, 2005 11:08 AM
Egbert
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Tattoo You.

Side one: ups and downs. Ups: Start Me Up, Black Limousine, Slave, Little T & A. Downs: Hang Fire, Neighbours.

Side two is classic. All great, outstanding songs. Worried About You was the highlight during the Licks tour.

Yep
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)