ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank you Throbby!
Giants Stadium Yesterday
© Throbby, thanks so much!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Finally! After 8 long years...... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
September 6th, 2005 06:04 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
listened to it 7 times since saturday, and for me it's 6/10. Maybe in 2 years I think it's 8/10 don't know. When I post a review or an opinion of ABB, it's just the feeling of the moment.
What I don't like is that people see me as a criminal for not giving ABB high praise

You could very well be correct. Over TIME, A Bigger Bang may be a forgotten album to the general public much the same way B2B, Voodoo Lounge already are to many people. It may be an album that is looked upon as a slightly better than average later day album by the STONES. My point is that only TIME will determine this and it will not be determined in a few days or even after seven listens.

Believe it or not, when I first heard Bob Dylan back in the 60's, I thought he sucked big time. My first thoughts, not after 7 listens but after a dozen or so, is what in the world do people see in this guy??? Can't sing and the music is terrible (the harmonica gave me an ear ache). Through more listens and TIME, I finally got it. Got it big time.

Music is like that. It can go down like fine wine. Bitter when first tasted but it can age with TIME.
September 6th, 2005 06:31 PM
PeerQueer Very solid album. It might just grow into a great album, much like the Stones' best work did back in the day.

Like others, I'll comment on what I know to be standout tracks:

1) Rough Justice - good Stones work. Gets the album off to a strong start. They're not stretching any artistic boundaries here, but rather embracing those that got them here in the first place. Far cry from Might as well get Juiced...thank God!

2) Back of my Hand - this brought the biggest Stones'-induced smile to my face in quite some time. Absolutely love it. Someone else in here said only the Stones can do this kind of song today, and I agree. It gets stronger with each listening.

3) Streets of Love - - yes, it's a mush-pop ballad, but I like it. This song has charmed me, and I am looking forward to seeing the video interpretation of it.

4) Oh no not you again - - right there with Rough Justice. Classic Stones - nice guitar work and Mick really does deliver the lyrics well. Infectious, catchy, nasty, bitchy,...nice job with this one.

5) Laugh I Nearly Died - - Wow. Great fucking track. 'Nuff said!

6) Infamy - - Clever little Keith ballad/rocker. I love the guy's voice and delivery. I agree with those who were hoping with a stronger ending, though I recall similar reactions back in the day to Slipping Away, and now it is rated as one of the Stones' best tracks in the last two decades, so maybe this one will climb that ladder too.

So 6 strong tracks and the rest were decent, with Neocon getting my total thumbs down. Stupid song, tepid lyrics, poor execution. Brilliant marketing move by Mick though, clever lad. They'll sell another 100,000 just off the media buzz of that one track.

A Bigger Bang really is the best work the Stones have done in some time. Much props to these old guys - they still got a bit of gas in the tank, and I'm thankful to still be able to catch a ride.
September 6th, 2005 06:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot What the fuck is the matter with you people? I didn't give the album a bad review. There are some obvious problems with this album, but I don't think what I wrote was negative at all. I think maybe some of you need to ligten up. Is it just because I don't use the word great? Is it just because I didn't give it a Virgin Records paid for 5 stars?

I didn't do my review from a single listen. It was actually 5 listens. I jotted down my initial reactions on my first listen. I adjusted some things and added some things on subsequent listens. But I kinda liked the style of the way I initially jotted things down. So that's the way I wrote the review. I wrote it stylisticly off the cuff, but it was anything but.

I want someone to quote my review where I say that I "hate" the album....or that I even dislike the album. I say it has obvious highlights(which is true), and obvious lowlights(again true). There are 6 songs that I really don't like. 4 that I could still go either way with. And 6 that I like. Are some of you suggesting that because I didn't come out in a frothing rave about the complete excellence of A Bigger Bang that it is a negative review? What am I supposed to do? Pretend that I like songs that I don't like just to please some of you?

The points I make are valid. It does not sound like a finished product. It's too long by far. I don't remember if I made a point about the lyrics, but the lyrics on this record are LAME. Even the songs that I like suffer from weak lyrics. Streets of Love sounds like something a 10th grader would write for his band's powerballad at the local talent show!

Hey, I'm fuckin' happy as hell that there's a new Stones record out. I'm happy as hell that there's some songs on it that I really like. Yeah there's some(ok, more than some)crap on it, but there's been crap on everything since Some Girls. I don't see the harm in pointing a finger at the crap. Didn't I point a finger at the good stuff too?

The Rolling Stones are my guys. That does not mean that I gotta suck their dicks. If I like something they do, I'll say I like it. If I think it sucks, I'll say it sucks. The Rolling Stones are human beings, just like all of us here. They are not infallible gods. If you want a suck up review, read anything that says it's 5 star. I went with giving an honest opinion. Oh, and anyone who decides what they are gonna buy or not buy based on what I say is an idiot.

Oh, and KeepRigid....the 3 stores that I went to today are all within about 500 yards of each other. I didn't even use my car to get from Mike's to Best Buy(it was on sale for $13.99, not $9.99. I made them check.)...I literally walked across the street. The only reason I drove down to Circuit City was because that was the last place I was stopping. I know gas is expensive, but I doubt I used 4 dollars worth going 500 yards.

Lemme ask a simple question, and give me a sincere, honest answer.

Based on what you heard, was A Bigger Bang worth an 8 year wait? Do you honestly feel that in a period of 8 years, that this is the best possible album the Stones could come up with?
September 6th, 2005 06:45 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Based on what you heard, was A Bigger Bang worth an 8 year wait? Do you honestly feel that in a period of 8 years, that this is the best possible album the Stones could come up with?

No. And no.

Then again, I braced myself for this album, expected so little, that ultimately it didn't turn out that bad. I really like at least 4 songs, maybe even 6 of the 16, that's way more than I ever expected.
September 6th, 2005 06:52 PM
Gazza >Based on what you heard, was A Bigger Bang worth an 8 year wait?

No album by anyone could be, as I predicted months ago. I've maintained all along that as a result of the ridiculously long gap since the last record, there will be wildly mixed reactions upon hearing this varying from the "so desperate to hear new material we'll praise it even if its shit" types of fans to the "after having waited so long, is THIS it?" type of reaction from others. Anything will satisfy some, whereas nothing will please others. The hype by people who heard the thing before it came out is also going to have an affect on many of those who read the advance reviews but hadnt heard it for themselves. As the reviews were mostly positive, feeling a bit underwhelmed is natural. The opposite would be the case had most of the advance reviews indicated that it was shit. I've noticed more negative reviews today from people hearing it for the first time than there were over the last 2 weeks by people who heard it before it came out. I dont think thats coincidental.

>Do you honestly feel that in a period of 8 years, that this is the best possible album the Stones could come up with?

Honestly, yes...simply because having listened to the substandard songs that were on 40 Licks and Keith's almost zero creativity since BTB, while I thought that (solely due to the long gap) they may have had enough material for a decent album, I feared they may have been washed up as a musical force and incapable of making a good record out of what they have left in the tank. I was therefore pleasantly surprised.

It'll grow on you. Believe me.
[Edited by Gazza]
September 6th, 2005 07:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I enjoyed it since the first time I listened it some weeks ago, and the more I listen the more I like it

This is like food or sex some may enjoy a flavour or like a colour or feel atracted by some kind of women/men and some may not

Of one thing I'm sure, this album is gonna kick serious asses all over the world!
September 6th, 2005 07:07 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh, and KeepRigid....I doubt I used 4 dollars worth going 500 yards.

Unfortunately, I had no such luck. I think I spent more on gas today than buying the album. Of course, that may be my own fault for insisting I continue to drive until I had heard the entire album. I will be that much wiser 8 years from now.
September 6th, 2005 07:12 PM
maumau sir stonesalot, your review was undoubtly turned on the negative side (that is, your negative remarks are more passionate that your positive ones)
in the end you come up with an edited list of ABB that is very similar to my own
i add to that list She saw me coming and Laugh i nearly died that, by accident, are my 2 preferred tracks and possibly, IMHO, the two songs that will remain among their greatest after the hype has gone
the difference is that, like angiegirl, I look at this as a really good thing (as you do more in your second post)

about your question of the "8 years" i think it doesn't make sense at all. they've been not writing songs hidden somewhere for 8 years. this is not the band that we are talking about. the band in question has been touring a lot and it is not the band that like to keep track of the archives or the vaults. quite the opposite, the leader of this band hates archives and throw away everything that has been sitting for more than a couple of weeks. apparently they even threw away the licks sessions. so this is not the album of 8 years. bullshit. this is an album sketched in a couple of weeks late in 2004 and recorded in a very short time soon after.

you may argue that this is not enough to make a good album and i may agree with you. but that is the way they work now. ABB is mick and keith as they write songs in late 2004 so i take it and judge it as that.

mick has been explicit about this point. He doesn't like to hang in the studio for a long time. actually he doesn't like to hang in a studio at all. he wants to come up in the recording place with some clear ideas. luckily this time he choose to share these ideas with keith before the recording process began.

i think you can hear both the good and the bad of this creative process in ABB. i think in general these songs sound more consistent than BTB (which i think is way too much a collection of mick's songs + keith's songs) and less mannered than VL (which i think has many tracks where they overtly "act" as the stones (new faces, YGMR, I gw, Baby break it down) that is, a little bit less structured... maybe this is what you feel as "unfinished" and i define more "fresh" or "immediate"

i have already review it completely elsewhere and gave it a 7.5/10
September 6th, 2005 07:15 PM
hotlicks > Oh, and anyone who decides what they are gonna buy or not buy based on what I say is an idiot.
Hope the fearsome duo enjoyed that quote!!!!
September 6th, 2005 07:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I suggest SS give it another listen<

I did. Two more times. I still didn't hear anything that makes me want to change my mind.

I'm gonna give it a couple more plays before bed tonight.

I'll sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow.

But the way I see it now, A Bigger Bang coulda been better...and it sure as shit coulda been worse.
September 6th, 2005 07:46 PM
time is on my side "I guess Virgin spent a lot of money bribing music critics to get 5 star reviews. Remember, Goddess got 5 star reviews too! I'll give it 2 and a half stars. Those six lumps of shit that masquerade as songs just drag this album down way too much. I don't hate the album, mostly because I can fix most of it's problems."

Yeah, I think most objective people would think that is a pretty negative review especially when you're including a song ,LIND, which most people think is one of the highlights.

Let me say there is nothing wrong with that. You gave an honest appraisal of the way you feel about the album. You like half and the other half you don't. Everybody is going to have their own opinion. You gave yours as many others before you have.

My only point is from your review, you say you bought the album today and this is the very first day you have listened to it. To me, listening to an album once or a dozen times on the very same day you buy it is not a good way to definitively review or evalute an album like A Bigger Bang.

It could be that this will always just be an O.K. album for you that could have been much better. From people posting on this thread, who have heard it all for a much longer period of time than a day, they say they agree with your evaluation. So there appears to be many who share your thoughts and agree with your analysis.

It's interesting to note my reaction was much different. I liked it from the very first but have only been able to listen to it twice. Experience has taught me that music must be given TIME. Some times music grows on you and other times it wears away leaving no trace of enjoyment.

I've just feel your not going to definitively know all of this in one day.

September 6th, 2005 08:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot I hear what you are saying Time....but I am an immediate type person. My gut reactions are almost always correct for me. This serves me well in my job...I work in a 911 center. And it usually serves me well with music. I know what I like when I hear it, and I know what I don't like when I hear it. It takes a few listens to pick out particulars sometimes, but I know pretty quick if I like something.

I am not dismissing the fact that I might change my mind, or that the album could grow on me. I'm sure that's possible....I'm even hoping for it. Only a fool would close a mind completely...and mama didn't raise no fools.
September 6th, 2005 08:25 PM
texile well sir, in spite of your previous "he-man" declarations -you're observations are quite fair and balanced....and i agree with everything you've said on this thread;
it's better than i expected but i still expected more - what's wrong with that?
September 6th, 2005 08:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot >what's wrong with that?<

Beats the shit outta me man. I see nothing wrong with it.

I suppose some people just wanna dwell on the negative things I said, and ignore the positive things that I said. What can I do? I've tried a couple of times to say that I didn't write that review to be negative. There are negative parts of the review, but that doesn't mean that it's a negative review. I guess they don't believe me.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. I mean, they can think whatever they want. I'm glad people are diggin' on A Bigger Bang. That's great. I don't wanna piss on anyone's party...and I don't think I am. But I'm not gonna lie and say I like something when I don't.
September 6th, 2005 08:59 PM
Some Guy Good review, nothing wrong with it. I bought the cd today and right now it is sitting in my basement. I like it, but hate to say I'm not ga ga over it. It has good moments and I do like ONNYA, that shit is hot! After 8 years there is no excuse for that album sitting in my basement. Yet there it sits.
September 6th, 2005 09:02 PM
Flashpoint
quote:
maumau wrote:

this is an album sketched in a couple of weeks late in 2004 and recorded in a very short time soon after.

ABB is mick and keith as they write songs in late 2004 so i take it and judge it as that.

Exactly, that's what people have to understand...in fact how can anyone say that all the songs they could have written on their own in the past 6-7 years it's better than what's on ABB which is a full collaboration between Mick & Keith
September 6th, 2005 09:22 PM
KeepRigid It's just the Stones in 2005, with all the good, bad, and ugly that entails. The fact that everyone has a different opinion on what should've been omitted is part of the album's charm.
September 6th, 2005 09:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot >in fact how can anyone say that all the songs they could have written on their own in the past 6-7 years it's better than what's on ABB which is a full collaboration between Mick & Keith<

I don't know...that's why I asked.

September 6th, 2005 10:11 PM
Soldatti Here we go again, it's always the same with every Stones album since Tattoo You. A great album the first week and a piece of shit forever, we're in 2005 not in 1972 or 1978. The music today is shit and the Stones album is incredible for the 2005 standards, the problem with the Stones is that they are the Stones and many Stones fans are still living in the past.
September 6th, 2005 10:36 PM
Bloozehound only gripe is the same one I had after hearing it online last week, thats there's a bit of filler on it, about 4 songs worth, coulda been more solid had about 4 songs been cut, to declare which 4 songs those are would only entice an epidemic outbreak of cyber violence and flame wars of apocalyptic proportions that would shake the world wide web down to its very foundation
September 6th, 2005 11:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot >The music today is shit and the Stones album is incredible for the 2005 standards, the problem with the Stones is that they are the Stones and many Stones fans are still living in the past.<

Oh bullshit.

So what you are saying is that we should accept shit from the Stones because their shit isn't quite as shitty as the rest of the shit out there? That is ridiculous my friend.

The Stones are the Stones for a reason. That reason is great rock n roll music. And I, for one, intend to hold The Rolling Stones up to that high standard. I don't care what year it is, The Stones music is either good, or it isn't. I don't compare what the Stones are doing to say Black Rebel Motorcycle Club or The White Stripes or Maroon 5 or Dave Matthews Band are doing. I don't compare the current Stones to Stones past. That's pointless. I take each song for what it is, and what the effect of that song has on me. Period.

I like half of A Bigger Bang. That means 50% of what the Stones are doing now meet the standards that I hold the Stones to. I think that's pretty good. Shit, any bigtime player in major league baseball would be thrilled to be batting .500!
September 6th, 2005 11:10 PM
Soldatti They're not in the peak anymore, the last spark of Stones magic was 20+ years ago and since then is a band, light years from the glory days, trying to do an album for die hard fans and new people with good (ABB, VL), average (B2B, SW) and bad results (DW).
Take it or leave it, they won't record Let It Loose or Start Me Up again.
September 6th, 2005 11:28 PM
IanBillen [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
What the fuck is the matter with you people? I didn't give the album a bad review. There are some obvious problems with this album, but I don't think what I wrote was negative at all. I think maybe some of you need to ligten up. Is it just because I don't use the word great? Is it just because I didn't give it a Virgin Records paid for 5 stars?

I didn't do my review from a single listen. It was actually 5 listens. I jotted down my initial reactions on my first listen. I adjusted some things and added some things on subsequent listens. But I kinda liked the style of the way I initially jotted things down. So that's the way I wrote the review. I wrote it stylisticly off the cuff, but it was anything but.

I want someone to quote my review where I say that I "hate" the album....or that I even dislike the album. I say it has obvious highlights(which is true), and obvious lowlights(again true). There are 6 songs that I really don't like. 4 that I could still go either way with. And 6 that I like. Are some of you suggesting that because I didn't come out in a frothing rave about the complete excellence of A Bigger Bang that it is a negative review? What am I supposed to do? Pretend that I like songs that I don't like just to please some of you?

The points I make are valid. It does not sound like a finished product. It's too long by far. I don't remember if I made a point about the lyrics, but the lyrics on this record are LAME. Even the songs that I like suffer from weak lyrics. Streets of Love sounds like something a 10th grader would write for his band's powerballad at the local talent show!

Hey, I'm fuckin' happy as hell that there's a new Stones record out. I'm happy as hell that there's some songs on it that I really like. Yeah there's some(ok, more than some)crap on it, but there's been crap on everything since Some Girls. I don't see the harm in pointing a finger at the crap. Didn't I point a finger at the good stuff too?

The Rolling Stones are my guys. That does not mean that I gotta suck their dicks. If I like something they do, I'll say I like it. If I think it sucks, I'll say it sucks. The Rolling Stones are human beings, just like all of us here. They are not infallible gods. If you want a suck up review, read anything that says it's 5 star. I went with giving an honest opinion. Oh, and anyone who decides what they are gonna buy or not buy based on what I say is an idiot.

Oh, and KeepRigid....the 3 stores that I went to today are all within about 500 yards of each other. I didn't even use my car to get from Mike's to Best Buy(it was on sale for $13.99, not $9.99. I made them check.)...I literally walked across the street. The only reason I drove down to Circuit City was because that was the last place I was stopping. I know gas is expensive, but I doubt I used 4 dollars worth going 500 yards.

Lemme ask a simple question, and give me a sincere, honest answer.

SS. What is wrong with everyone eles here in interpeting your post as a basic dissapointment???? Dude, look at your original post. 8 good songs and 8 not good.....would you call that a good review for an album? You wrote that review very much on the lower level of a review just in the way you wrote it.

Surely you have your own opinion and I can respect that but how can you justify that your review was even an OK/decent rating? 50% of songs that are not good does not make a very good album at all. If I read that review in a magazine it would be considered like 2 1/2 stars.

Ian
September 6th, 2005 11:34 PM
gypsy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
It needs more cowbell

That's a given, my dear friend nanky.
September 6th, 2005 11:36 PM
gypsy
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

The ABB CD packages at Best Buy all have a $13.99 sticker on them - but they will ring up for $9.99 for a limited time. Read the signs around you the next time you're at the store...or peruse the sale ad.
September 6th, 2005 11:44 PM
Lethargy Hi all:

Bridges To Babylon and Voodoo Lounge are both better than A Bigger Bang. This makes ABB the worst stones album in 16 years, in my opinion.

All the "best since tattoo you or some girls" hype, all the anticipation, the longest gap (8 years) in their career, the mostly favorable press reviews - none of this changes the fact that most (though not all of course) of this album sounds like Goddess In The Doorway outtakes.

It's silly to compare ABB to their classics, of course, but come on now, even their last two were better than this. Rough Justice is decent, Back Of My Hand sounds cool, Oh No Not You Again is fun, I'll even admit Laugh I Nearly Died has an original sound and vibe to it that makes it a thumbs up for me, but...

Flip The Switch, Love Is Strong, Mean Disposition, Gunface, and especially Out Of Control all kick the crap out of every song here.

The new Keith vocal tracks blow massive chunks, even when compared to The Worst, Thief In The Night, You Don't Have To Mean It, Thru And Thru.

Don't Stop is better than most of this stuff.

Streets Of Love is embarassing and gives me dry heaves. I'm not a huge fan of Already Over Me, Blinded By Rainbows, or Always Suffering, but these are MUCH better ballads than Streets Of Vomit, which sounds like a Bon Jovi song.

Even Suck On The Jugular is better then the 'funk' track here: Rain Fall Down.

Most of the lyrics are supremely lame and full of cliches (how can any songwriter, let alone out beloved glimmer twins, use the phrase 'bat out of hell' in a song in 2005? not to mention 'make sweet love' and other cliched garbage)

I'm going to listen to it quite a few more times of course, and perhaps some songs will grow on me, but that's probably more out of force of habit and denial. My first impression is that this is a big disappointment.

Lethargy
September 6th, 2005 11:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Take it or leave it, they won't record Let It Loose or Start Me Up again.<

Whaaaaaaaaa? I don't see ONNYA as being that far removed from either one of those songs. Neither is Rough Justice for that matter. The only thing that holds back ONNYA is the weak lyrics:

The moon is yellow
I feel like Jello
Staring down her tits

Yikes. Pretty lame stuff there. But fortunately the music is there to make up for it. And then some.

I'm afraid I don't see your point Soldatti. I think the Stones certainly CAN do something as good as SMU or LIL. And in fact, came close to doing so several times on A Bigger Bang. They also put out some songs on A Bigger Bang that rank right up there with the worst they've ever put out too.

If we all take the attitude that the Stones just can't be great anymore...then what the fuck are we doing here?
September 7th, 2005 12:10 AM
PeerQueer Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I would agree with yours if it weren't so fucking wrong!

Go back and listen to ABB for a week, come back and lick on my left nut, (the right one is already spoken for) and then tell me which one tastes better.

ABB is far better than either Voodoo or Bridges, or Steel Wheels. Those were all decent albums, with 2 or 3 strong songs, ABB is flat out good with at least twice that number of kick ass tunes.

And all you Streets of Love haters - well fuck you too!

quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Hi all:

Bridges To Babylon and Voodoo Lounge are both better than A Bigger Bang. This makes ABB the worst stones album in 16 years, in my opinion.

All the "best since tattoo you or some girls" hype, all the anticipation, the longest gap (8 years) in their career, the mostly favorable press reviews - none of this changes the fact that most (though not all of course) of this album sounds like Goddess In The Doorway outtakes.

It's silly to compare ABB to their classics, of course, but come on now, even their last two were better than this. Rough Justice is decent, Back Of My Hand sounds cool, Oh No Not You Again is fun, I'll even admit Laugh I Nearly Died has an original sound and vibe to it that makes it a thumbs up for me, but...

Flip The Switch, Love Is Strong, Mean Disposition, Gunface, and especially Out Of Control all kick the crap out of every song here.

The new Keith vocal tracks blow massive chunks, even when compared to The Worst, Thief In The Night, You Don't Have To Mean It, Thru And Thru.

Don't Stop is better than most of this stuff.

Streets Of Love is embarassing and gives me dry heaves. I'm not a huge fan of Already Over Me, Blinded By Rainbows, or Always Suffering, but these are MUCH better ballads than Streets Of Vomit, which sounds like a Bon Jovi song.

Even Suck On The Jugular is better then the 'funk' track here: Rain Fall Down.

Most of the lyrics are supremely lame and full of cliches (how can any songwriter, let alone out beloved glimmer twins, use the phrase 'bat out of hell' in a song in 2005? not to mention 'make sweet love' and other cliched garbage)

I'm going to listen to it quite a few more times of course, and perhaps some songs will grow on me, but that's probably more out of force of habit and denial. My first impression is that this is a big disappointment.

Lethargy

September 7th, 2005 12:34 AM
exile
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Its not like they have been locked in a studio for 8 years straight!

And just because it has been 8 years does not automatically mean the Stones OWE YOU an album like 'Sticky Fingers'

Im absolutely thrilled with A Bigger Bang, and im telling all my friends to go out and buy it because its sooo good.

but thats just me....
September 7th, 2005 12:35 AM
ListenToTheLion ABB is their strongest album after Tattoo although not that good. Someone who thinks Laugh I Nearly Died is a weak song has to scrap the shit right out of his ears.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)