ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡¡¡ Viva México Cabrones !!!
¿...còmo chingaos no?

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 9-11/Keith & Mick/MSG Return to archive
09-09-03 01:04 AM
telecaster Coming up on the second anniversory of 9/11, I stumbled across the video of NYC benefit MSG show on my hardrive

Forgot how good that was

Bless Mick and Keith for playing "Salt of The Earth" when they did. No band or song could have been more appropriate
at that time

09-09-03 03:43 AM
Doxa I think "Highwire" could have been a better one.

Doxa
09-09-03 02:42 PM
jb The WHO STOLE THAT SHOW...IT WAS SINGLE-HANDEDLY THE REASON FOR THEIR UMPTENTH FINAL TOUR. THE PERFORMANCE BY MICK AND KEITH, REGRETTABLY, COULD NOT HAVE BEEN WEAKER.
09-09-03 02:46 PM
steel driving hammer The Who seemed better cause they played twice as many songs opposed to the Stones.

Plus the Stones could of played JJF, SFM etc, they chose to set a mellow sad mood.

Yes The Who rocked, but look who's rocking now?

Stones are playing in an Ireland Pub tonight, where's The Who playing?
09-09-03 02:47 PM
Joey " The WHO STOLE THAT SHOW...IT WAS SINGLE-HANDEDLY THE REASON FOR THEIR UMPTENTH FINAL TOUR. THE PERFORMANCE BY MICK AND KEITH, REGRETTABLY, COULD NOT HAVE BEEN WEAKER. "

Josh , I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently stroke your young , moist , sweaty , quivering , glistening , GLISTENING , GLISTENING forehead ( with eyes looking up at me longingly and all Bambi-like ) and just say , " Thanks ! " for being ....................well........................YOU !

You are much loved by the Jacky and I KNOW you will be rooting against Penn State this Saturday .

Joeykins !
09-09-03 02:49 PM
Boomy Of course the Who stole the show. But it wasn't even the Stones, it was Mick-Keef and Paul Schaffer.

And I really think they could have played something other than "Miss You" (the Title fits, but the song doesn't). I'm not really sure what they could've played.

But the Who just played their hits. And maybe that's what the Stones (wait, Mick-Keef and Paul) should've done. The concert was created to lift up the people of New York..."Start Me Up" could have been a great energy booster. The crowd probably would have gone nuts.
[Edited by Boomy]
09-09-03 02:57 PM
steel driving hammer But on a somber note Tele's right, it means alot.

Never forget, never forget their hiding...
09-09-03 03:00 PM
jb I will not post anything stupid on 9/11.....
09-09-03 03:05 PM
steel driving hammer A little Eminence Front?

Behind an M&M's butt, M&M's butt, it's a put-on...

LOL!
09-09-03 03:06 PM
Boomy I will not post on 9-11
09-09-03 03:08 PM
steel driving hammer I will not listen to anything other than live Stones on 9-11.
09-09-03 03:09 PM
jb I think the posts should only be related to the memeories of the victims....It was sad watching the last funeral for the 343rd fireman killed...they buried his remains yesterday.
09-09-03 03:14 PM
steel driving hammer Your absolutely correct jb.

But one should not mourn forever.
09-09-03 03:14 PM
sandrew I thought pretty much everyone sucked for that MSG performance. Daltrey's voice was shot to hell, and McCartney ("Yesterday" -- ouch!) and his band were lame as hell.

If only I could've smacked that bastard John Cusak upside the head as he was ostentatiously jamming to the Who's dino-rendition of "Fooled."

Keith's intro to "Salt" was so slow and sluggish, I thought he was going to keel over, and "Miss You" sounded almost as bad as the Hall & Oates band doing it at Live Aid.

One of the enduring memories I have of that show is -- pardon the insolence -- Billy Joel and Elton John playing together, both with police hats on their heads.

I know it's inappropriate, given the solemnity of the moment, but was I alone in thinking..."Village People!"
09-09-03 03:25 PM
luxury1 Keith was so pale and scrawny at that show. And yes, Paul Schaffer is insufferable. He makes my skin crawl, I cant look at him. But I read something from Pete I love little kids Townsend, who said thankfully Keith walked into practice at the last second, like the cavalry charging in to save the day. I guess Mick had lined up Pete to do the two Stones songs, but gratefully, Keith braved his broked foot and showed up.
How bout Bowie sandrew? I thought his performance was stellar at that show.
09-09-03 03:30 PM
steel driving hammer Keith foot was broke then?

How'd he break it?
09-09-03 03:37 PM
sandrew Bowie was pretty good; he opened the show, right? I'm probably jaded, 'cause I generally can't stand benefit concerts, festivals, or any large gatherings of celebrities.
09-09-03 03:45 PM
gimmekeef The show was about the audience and the moment IMHO and yes they all could have played better.But they cared enough to play and the faces in the crowd were uplifted for a while........I thought it was a grand gesture.
09-09-03 03:56 PM
Joey

A six hundred billion dollar budget deficit for next fiscal year ( and I am being conservative ) is going to affect everyone's lives a hundred times more than 9/11 EVER did .

JACKY !
09-09-03 04:04 PM
steel driving hammer But it's costing us 2 Billion dollars a WEEK just to keep our sweet asses safe from terror.

Wouldn't of been much different if Algore were in the hot seat either. Those bastards would of still struck and Algore would still be having coffee w/ the Taliban.
09-09-03 04:42 PM
Joey " Wouldn't of been much different if Algore were in the hot seat either. "

Al Gore would not have marched our troops into the Vietnam ( er , I mean Iraq ) .

JACKY !
09-09-03 04:45 PM
jb Al Gore was a great President!!!
09-09-03 04:51 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Joey wrote:
Al Gore would not have marched our troops into the Vietnam ( er , I mean Iraq ) .

John Kerry and Joe Lieberman were FOR war w/ Iraq.

You remember Joe Lieberman don't ya? Al's running mate.

Shave Sacs, not Iraq!

LOL!!
09-09-03 05:33 PM
Joey Steelie ................................

Well I'm here looking through an old picture frame
Just waiting for the perfect view ;
I hope something special will step in to my life
Another fine edition of you .
A pin-up done in shades of blue
Sometimes you find a yearning for the quiet life ;
The country air and all its joys
But badgers couldn't compensate at twice the price .
For just another night with the boys oh yeah
And boys will be boys, will be boys ;
They say love's a gamble, hard to win, easy lose
And while sun shines you'd better make hay .

So if life is your table and fate is the wheel
Then let the chips fall where they may ;
In modern times the modern way
And as I was drifting past the Lorelei .
I heard those slinky sirens wail - whooo Joey !
So look out sailor when you hear them croon
You'll never been the same again oh no ;
Their crazy music drives you insane - this way
So love, leave me. do what you will .
-Who knows what tomorrow might bring?
Learn from your mistakes is my only advice ;
And stay cool is still the main rule
Don't play yourself for a fool .
Too much cheesecake too soon
Old money's better than new ;
No mention in the latest Tribune
And don't let this happen to you .

-- Thank You

The Joey

09-09-03 05:40 PM
steel driving hammer What the fuck was that my young Joey?

Lyrics to what you bastard?

Thou Shalt Just Play Thee Fucking Track Thy Bastard!
09-09-03 05:46 PM
Joey " What the fuck was that my young Joey? "

http://www.roxyrama.com/lyrics/index_roxymusiclyrics-frameset.html