ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡¡¡ Viva México Cabrones !!!
¿...còmo chingaos no?

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Keith Moon... (NSC) Return to archive
09-07-03 03:48 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Twenty-five years ago today, Keith Moon, first (and many argue only) drummer for The Who, passed away. His vitriolic drum playing was almost the antithesis of Charlie Watts's razor-sharp jazz style, and he was known for destroying almost anything he laid his hands on, including, sadly enough, his own life.

Rest in peace, Keith Moon. Somewhere, there's a room full of infinite drum kits just for you!

-tSYX --- Always runnin' up someone's hill...
09-07-03 03:57 PM
throbby A sad day indeed.
09-07-03 05:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl He was so stone!

This is Keith during the R&R Circus rehearsals

This is Keith during the American Music Awards, some months before he passed away

09-07-03 06:01 PM
Gimme Shelter R.I.P. Keith
09-07-03 06:14 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Keith: "Well, here we are then, Life With The Moons! Today, my eyes don't quite line up properly and Ronnie has a mullet!"
Ronnie: "It's not a mullet! It's just this angle! And the hair's too long in the front!"
Keith: "You sure are mighty defensive about that mullet, eh, Woody? Ahahahahahaha!"
Ronnie: "'s not a mullet. Anyhow, I'm more stoned than you are."
Keith: "No, no, you're not. Watch this. *croak*."
Ronnie: "Well, shit. Hey, Kenney, you know that job you've been looking for ever since the Faces broke up?"

-tSYX --- Jo, Josephine...
09-07-03 08:02 PM
stonedinaustralia it's funny tSYX i was thinking of keith moon just yesterday - one of my favourite keith moon stories came to mind

apparently during one of his sojourns in a rehab centre and as part of the programme he did some wood working classes (beats basket-weaving i suppose)

anyway, in classic moon style what does this attempting to reform alcoholic make for his project - a drinks tray!!
09-07-03 10:20 PM
kath dear gawd, where did they get those TIES???
09-08-03 01:39 AM
Boomy I wonder if Joey had one of his "Moon Moments" over the weekend?

"Utah State had no chance, Ronnie!"
09-08-03 10:08 AM
Joey " anyway, in classic moon style what does this attempting to reform alcoholic make for his project - a drinks tray!! "

And on the underside of the tray he had a cutout picture of a Centerfold -- True Story .

My sources also tell me that this is what Sir Stonesalot is singing in his shower every morning these days :

" They gotta name for the winners in the world ,

I wanna name when the Lions Lose ;

They call Nebraska the CornHuskers ,

Call Me Stoney blues !

.....Stoney Blues !!! "

{{ Deacon Joe }}
09-08-03 01:46 PM
gypsy Joey, do you think SS is pretending that the Lions won? Like how he pretended that Timberlake did not perform onstage with the Stones...
Do you think he's joined an Amish community?
09-08-03 02:03 PM
Joey " Joey, do you think SS is pretending that the Lions won? "

My Princess ..............................

It is your young Joeskee's sincere belief that Stoney is deathly afraid of the can of " Whoop Ass " that the mighty Huskers will open on his beloved Nittany Lions this Saturday evening .

I will be there at the game enjoying evey single minute of it with me Bacardi and Cokes --- WHY YOU ASK ?!?!?!

" Because Paybacks are a bitch Ronnie "

Jerskee !