ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡¡¡ Viva México Cabrones !!!
¿...còmo chingaos no?

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question about JJF from the Ya-Ya's acetate Return to archive
09-07-03 09:03 AM
BigMac I have a snippet of the YA-Ya's acetate which is supposed to be an untouched, undubbed original version of the live album. Many people have said that it has an awful solo that Keith appearantly played at the MSG show. My question is this- if you listen closely, don't you hear three guitars? I hear Keith's rhythym that he played throughout the song and I thought I heard Taylor's faint playing that sounds like the actual Ya-Ya's album. Most people say it's Keith, but his ryhthm is clearly evident in the background. The solo actually sounds similiar to Taylor's solo on the Gimme Shelter video. I really don't know, so I'm figuring someone with a greater knowledge than I can dissect it.

Maybe I'm wrong that the acetate didn't have any overdubs. Is this a Keith overdubbed solo, that they decided to edit out before the official release?

Thanks, BigMac
09-07-03 09:16 AM
J.J.Flash Hello Brian!
I think Mathijs could help you!
Damn, I must answer you e-mail. I didn't forget that file transfer yet!