ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡¡¡ Viva México Cabrones !!!
¿...còmo chingaos no?

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A bit of blues news / John Lee Hooker Return to archive
09-07-03 08:08 AM
Mother baby Independent Label Lands John Lee Hooker Titles

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - The estate of bluesman John Lee Hooker has signed a worldwide licensing deal with Eagle Rock Entertainment that will bring to the market some previously unreleased audio and video titles by the late singer/guitarist.

Hooker, who died in June 2001, previously had licensed his completed recordings to Virgin/Pointblank. According to Eugene Skuratowicz, manager of the Hooker estate, the change of executive regimes at Virgin in 2002 led the estate to shop the unreleased material to other labels.

The deal with Eagle Rock kicks off Sept. 30 -- two days after the premiere of the PBS music-documentary series "Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues" -- with Eagle Records' release of "Face to Face." The album, which was brought to completion by Hooker's daughter (and former Pointblank labelmate) Zakiya, will be succeeded by a second collection of "final recordings."

Eagle Rock also will issue a 1949 Hooker session recorded at the home of animator Gene Deitch. These intense solo sides, cut shortly after the release of Hooker's first hit, "Boogie Chillen," previously were available only as an unauthorized import.

Eagle Rock's home entertainment imprint, Eagle Vision, will release a Hooker DVD that will be compiled in collaboration with the estate.

09-07-03 08:37 AM
J.J.Flash Thaks Mom!
Good news!
09-07-03 08:43 AM
steel driving hammer Thought I Hoi, ThoughtI Hoi Hoi, Pevine Whistle Blow.
09-07-03 08:49 AM
J.J.Flash Damn, still talking about the ol' good Blues, I must buy the last one of Buddy! Parmeda loves him too!
Do you have? The one with Clapton on some tracks.
09-07-03 11:44 AM
FPM C10
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Damn, still talking about the ol' good Blues, I must buy the last one of Buddy! Parmeda loves him too!
Do you have? The one with Clapton on some tracks.

I haven't heard it all yet, but saw him on Letterman plugging it - it's acoustic and AMAZING.
09-07-03 12:28 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I haven't heard it all yet, but saw him on Letterman plugging it - it's acoustic and AMAZING.

Oh my friend, don't talk about Letterman. Unfortunately, I've changed to another cable TV company and there's no Late Show!
But FPM, was Buddy alone on the David Letterman's show?
09-07-03 01:55 PM
Mother baby If anyones interested Guy is going to be doing a few gigs in Engand & France in October. (Who knows who might show up on stage with him.)