ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡¡¡ Viva México Cabrones !!!
¿...còmo chingaos no?

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Farm Aid ticket available for show THIS SUNDAY 9/7/03 (NSC) Return to archive
09-04-03 10:07 PM
Martha Hey, hey everyone, Martha here with a last minute announcement about a ticket I just learned I have to sell (the friend is bowing out) for the Farm Aid concert on Sunday the 7th in Columbus, OH at Germain Ampitheater.

Go here for the line-up www.farmaid.org

I have one lawn seat ticket to sell and I'll give the details to anyone interested. Please, though, e-mail me here: [email protected] so I will make certain to hear from you since, I may not be able to get back to the message board much before the show on Sunday. Thanks!

By the way, I've been missing everyone. My energy has not been very good lately, and I haven't been on the computer much. I have peeked in here and there though.

Hugs to all of ya'

Martha Mellencamp
09-05-03 12:05 PM
jb Farm Aid doesn't draw the huge crowds as in the past...I hope you are able to sell your ticket but you may have to take a loss....Good Luck.
09-05-03 12:17 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
Farm Aid doesn't draw the huge crowds as in the past...I hope you are able to sell your ticket but you may have to take a loss....Good Luck.

Well, they told me it is sold out JB, do you mean this event used to be held in bigger venues? 20,000 people is big enough for me.

And, I won't be taking any loss, my friend will. But I don't like being asked/pressured into trying to sell his ticket for him, especially when it is only one ticket and a last minute deal. Germain is not a ticket sellers dream come true type of venue. I doubt if I can sell it, which, my friend seems to not understand We went around with this one already when he bowed out of going to the Santana show at the last minute, earlier this summer. I just have to realize it isn't my responsibility to sell his ticket for him and do only what I can do.

Thanks for letting me vent about this! LOL

JB, can't you charter your private jet and meet us there and buy his ticket? The weather promises to be wonderful on Sunday. :-)
09-05-03 12:22 PM
jb Martha, I thought the show was held in a stadium...I know the last few years attendance has been down. They use to draw over 50k, and I did not realize that they moved it into an arena. If it is sold-out, you should have no problem.
Also, I would love to fly in, but after Ohio State cheated University of Miami out of our 6th National Championship last year, I would nevr set foot in that state...plus, Ohio had very poor attendance for the Stones concerts...
09-05-03 02:52 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
Martha, I thought the show was held in a stadium...I know the last few years attendance has been down. They use to draw over 50k, and I did not realize that they moved it into an arena. If it is sold-out, you should have no problem.

I haven't been to any of the Farm Aid concerts before so, I have no idea about the past attendence numbers or venues.

I just hope Johnny stops by to say hello to me before his set.

Also, I would love to fly in, but after Ohio State cheated University of Miami out of our 6th National Championship last year, I would nevr set foot in that state...plus, Ohio had very poor attendance for the Stones concerts...

I was at all (2) of the Ohio Stones shows...and although the numbers were low (especially in Cleveland) the shows were incredible,...especially in Cleveland. Go figure. Ohioans, in general, do not have the disposable income to afford such high ticket prices...and that is only getting worse I fear.

Sorry you can't make it in. We do have fantastic sweet corn, as far as this state goes, though.

Martha Mellencamp
09-05-03 04:08 PM
Gazza >plus, Ohio had very poor attendance for the Stones concerts...

josh,how come youre not boycotting Florida?
09-05-03 04:11 PM
jb Believe me Gazza, if not for my successful practice, I would have long ago left for DUBLIN.
09-05-03 04:16 PM
Larry Dallas Martha,

I would have to loved to take your extra ticket, but I have plans already. I wish this would have come up a few weeks ago. Have fun at the show and tell Willie to drive on!
09-05-03 04:18 PM
Gazza >Believe me Gazza, if not for my successful practice, I would have long ago left for DUBLIN.

you must delegate a lot of work,josh going by the volume of posts during working hours..

either that or you have as many hands as an octopus....
09-05-03 06:18 PM
MarthaMyDear Gazza said:
quote:
you must delegate a lot of work,josh going by the volume of posts during working hours..

either that or you have as many hands as an octopus....

ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I'm STILL trying to figure it out!!!
lol................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P P :P :P How DOES he
do it?!?!?!
lol................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P

*** Martha ***
09-06-03 01:18 PM
Martha
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
Martha,

I would have to loved to take your extra ticket, but I have plans already. I wish this would have come up a few weeks ago. Have fun at the show and tell Willie to drive on!

DAMN! I wish I would have known earlier too, Larry Dallas, but my friend thought he was going to go up until Thursday night of this week. Argh. I hate having a ticket and not being able to give it to someone if it ends up not being used. Seems like a waste to me. Oh well.

By the way, I just learned that the concert will be webcast live tomorrow (Sunday). To see it just go to the website; www.farmaid.org between the hours of 4 and 11 pm tomorrow!

Tune in and you'll see us waving from the lawn! LOL

hugs and kisses,
Martha Mellencamp