ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡¡¡ Viva México Cabrones !!!
¿...còmo chingaos no?

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Uncut stones special.. Return to archive
09-04-03 06:34 PM
Jen D been re-reading the musicians & writer favourite stones tracks piece - some great great writing in there, people who can/could really share their feelings & apreciation for their music (some try too hard though)

Ian Macdonald's comments on Street fighting man made me want to play the song RIGHT THEN, (put it on later and realised I'd never really, really felt it before... - even though I've known it for most of my life.) & triggered an irational desire to throw my arms round him, find his local buy them a drink & spend an evening playing great records and talking/listening to him talk about them big grin

- if he hadn't killed himself two weeks ago. (wish you had an anti smile for really upset)
09-04-03 06:40 PM
glencar Who was Ian McDonald?
09-05-03 04:10 PM
Gazza thats not the same Ian McDonald that wrote those excellent Beatles books like "Revolution In The Head" is it???
09-07-03 02:40 PM
Jen D Yes, sadly

Some comments, tributes and two beautiful obituaries.
Ian McDonald RIP - from Mojo Magazine's forum

shitty start for a new week - ian macdonald is dead - Black Cat Bone (alt Mojo forum)
09-08-03 02:09 AM
Prodigal Son That's real tragic. He was a great rock writer as I recall. Interesting, smart, incisive, everything. Plus he had a vast knowledge of musical theory. And if someone writes a book like Revolution in the Head for the Stones, I'm snapping it up like that.