ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

FleetCenter,Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question - Heading to Philly without Ticket Return to archive
09-13-02 11:15 AM
Soupbone Hey Folks,

Longtime stones fan, new to this board. By the way, this is by far the best Stones board I have seen. Kudos to you folks for posting meaningful, insightful thoughts on the music and band.

I'm considering heading to Philly solo without a ticket for the FU Center show next Friday. I'm wondering what the situation is like for this tour as far as people unloading tickets before the show. Are scalpers getting burned and selling good lower level seats for under face value? Have there been any instances of fake tix getting sold?

I know I can get a really good seat on TM right now for the $300 but I would hate to see the same seat going for $90 before the show in the parking lot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and see you at the show (hopefully!).

--Soupbone

09-13-02 11:26 AM
Helmut I have the same question for MSG
09-13-02 11:41 AM
Riffhard By all accounts thus far it should be very easy to hook up at both venues.Bear in mind that we're talking about New York F'ing City here.Tickets for these shows went much faster than most.The Giants show will no doubt be a breeze to get a tix for face or even less.Garden could be a bit tougher.You will find a ticket but,you may have to pay a little over face for it.Ofcourse,you could always wait awhile and sweat them out.Once the show starts the prices will start dropping like stones so to speak.Definatly get a close look at those tickets.Conterfitting hasn't been a problem so far but,then again we are talking about New York F'ing City here!

Riffhard
09-13-02 12:03 PM
Tops I had a really easy time buying a $100 ticket for $60 outside of the United Center the other night. The seat was way up high in the back, so I didn't spend any time there - I opted instead to watch 1/2 of the show from directly right of the stage, about 12 rows back (until I was moved).

I was a little concerned about the ticket being counterfeit, because the back of the ticket was a little different, but the person who took my ticket at the gate didn't even look twice at it. I nevr checked to see if anyone was sitting where my ticket put me.