ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

FleetCenter,Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Martha My Dear! Return to archive
09-13-02 12:10 AM
Rescued Our beloved Martha is attending the Inland Invasion in Southern California on Saturday. A one off, all day history of L.A. Punk with the Pistols, Damned, and Buzzcocks along for the riot. An endeavor that deserves immense respect.
Martha, have an incredible time! If it weren't for the Stones, I'd be there slamming too. It's a great time to be a rock fan!
09-13-02 12:50 AM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
Rescued wrote:
Our beloved Martha is attending the Inland Invasion in Southern California on Saturday. A one off, all day history of L.A. Punk with the Pistols, Damned, and Buzzcocks along for the riot. An endeavor that deserves immense respect.
Martha, have an incredible time! If it weren't for the Stones, I'd be there slamming too. It's a great time to be a rock fan!

Rescued,

Not to be a dick or anything but being a former member/musician of the 70's/80's California punk scene, WHAT does the Pistols, Damned and Buzzcocks have to do with our scene?

I DON'T want you to get the WRONG impression either Rescued! I LOVE those bands you mentioned. In fact in late 1999 my band opend for the Buzzcocks in NorCal while they were on their "Go Kart" tour. I just ask you, if you are going to talk about "L.A. Punk", let's fucking talk about X, Black Flag, Fear, Circle Jerks (etc)

Just "keeping it real" and I too hope that Martha My Dear is having fun !!

Later, Cardinal Fang
09-13-02 01:11 AM
Rescued That's cool Cardinal Fang. You were part of it. I wasn't.

I'm just an over enthusiastic fan of the type of music you guys gave us. I was in L.A. during 82/83, but was mostly a nerd.

I think there's a Pistols connection because didn't a bunch of the original scenesters go to San Francisco for the last concert at the Winterland. I think Darby Crash and the Germs were there. And I thought the Damned actually interacted with punks in L.A.

Sorry I went overboard, but I saw that Orange county bands like Adolescents, Social Distortion, and TSOL were playing along with the Circle Jerks and X, and I flipped. I also love that new band the Distillers.

Thanks for responding with your insights. Much respect for doing it, instead of wishing you did.
09-13-02 06:52 AM
MarthaMyDear I think there's a Pistols connection because didn't a bunch of the original scenesters go to San Francisco for the last concert at the Winterland. I think Darby Crash and the Germs were there. And I thought the Damned actually interacted with punks in L.A.

Sorry I went overboard, but I saw that Orange county bands like Adolescents, Social Distortion, and TSOL were playing along with the Circle Jerks and X, and I flipped. I also love that new band the Distillers.

-------------------------------------------------------------

To me, there's a Pistols connection 'cause of what you say... Yes, I think you're right that: a bunch of the original scenesters go to San Francisco for the last concert at the Winterland. I think Darby Crash and the Germs were there. An L.A. scenester named Hellen Killer, who went-out with Sid Vicious while the Pistols were in San Francisco, was there and probably a bunch more L.A. scenesters, including (more than likely) the Germs... And, PIL used to play here in Southern California ALOT, which I felt was part of the scene here (going to see them, etc.) and the Damed played here alot, also... Alot of scenesters went to these shows, etc.... These were some of my very favorite shows to go to!!! Since I lived in Orange County first and then L.A. and used to move back and forth between Orange County and L.A., etc., the Orange County bands bring back ALOT of memories, especially, but all of them do!!! I used to go and see the Adolescents play with Social Distortion, TSOL, and the Circle Jerks 'cause these beands used to play together ALOT, if I remember correctly (and those thoughts are pretty hazy, if you know what I mean!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol........................... :P ) and X was always playing, of course (usually with at least two of those bands)...

Anyways, thank you, you guys, for your posts!!! I am so tired and I've had a long week already that I kind-of just want to relax and enjoy the bands (not keep track of anything for a review), but if I have a review, I'll post it here, ok.??? Thank you, Rescued, and I'll talk to you soon!!! ENJOYING THE STONES SHOWS WILL BE THE ***BEST***, OF COURSE!!! ANYWAYS, ALOT MORE SOON!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (And, John Lydon has been living here (in Malibu, of all places (?!?!?!)... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P for a long time now with his long-time wife, Nora, and Steve Jones has been living here for even longer, I think... And, Patricia Morrison, the bass player for the Damned, is a long-time L.A. scenester (she played in at least the Gun Club, Legal Weapon (with Kat, the singer), the Cramps, etc.)... I miss seeing the Gun Club!!! It's sad that Jeffrey Lee Pierce died... Anyways, take care and I'll talk to you soon!!! Anyways, MORE SOON!!!! )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]