ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

FleetCenter,Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tattoos (not Tatoo You...) Return to archive
09-11-02 02:17 PM
56DeSoto I would think this has been discussed around here before, but I couldn't find it when I searched. Does anybody have an unusual Stones tattoo? The tongue is one thing, but has anybody done anything different with it? I've toyed with the idea of adding a Stones tat to my collection for a long time, but I'd like to add a twist to it. So help me out, folks, whatcha got and where'd you get it placed? I need some inspiration.

Cheers,
Amanda
56DeSoto
www.edithgrove.com
09-11-02 02:21 PM
jb I have seen a toungue in the vaginal area....it must be shaved for clear viwing.
09-11-02 02:28 PM
56DeSoto Ouch. I was thinking more about the arm area...

56DeSoto
09-11-02 03:47 PM
tumblingdice I have the tounge/ normal red / on the upper arm. The guy tried to put a acid hit on the toungue but I would not let them I just wanted it they way it always is on the albums ect. Thought about getting the spiked voodoo one though.
09-11-02 04:26 PM
nankerphelge I have put my tongue in vaginal areas -- don't recall any tattoos though!
09-11-02 04:37 PM
Riffhard Nanky,
You bastard!!You beat me to the puch!I was thinking the exact same thing.Two great minds blah,blah,blah....

Riffhard
09-11-02 04:50 PM
nankerphelge Absolutely. Wonder what happens when those great minds get fried for a Stones show in NYC?????
09-11-02 04:53 PM
Riffhard We shall soon find out!That it for damned sure my Stonesian friend!

Fuck Yup,
Riffhard
09-11-02 11:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Just avoid this Keith pic tattoo near the vaginal area

Get back to the original question ===> has anybody done anything different with it?
09-12-02 07:21 AM
stonedinaustralia you don't necessarily have to use a stones tounge do you??

sandrew mentioned sometime ago he has tattoo of my avatar - that is some hard core funky stuff imho

the sleeve poster picture of the "goats head soup" from the album of the same name would make a good satanist/biker type tat but that's not really my style -

the '75 jet powered eagle would look good but again a bit "heavy" if you know what I mean

how about one of the blimp? - nice and contemporary - and it's got the tounge!

totally hard core (in the deepest sense of the word) - would be a home-made job - a simple slogan - compass point and indian ink across the back of the hand - saying "who the f$%k is keith richards"

get your face done up like the boys on the cover of "tattoo you" - probably turn a few heads on 5th avenue but just a part of growing up in some parts of new zealand

a pair of "tumblin' dice" could look pretty cool

hope this helps

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
09-12-02 08:31 AM
gypsymofo60 Keith's skull ring was partly the inspiration for my back job with a few extras of my own thrown in, does Ronnie do tatts? I charge very resonable rates, due to very blunt needles....."Gawddamit Charlie! Rock n' roll is back on the road."
09-12-02 08:43 AM
corgi37 My tongue tatt is on my hip. It was the 1st one i got. I was a late starter at 33. I always wanted it, but after seeing them in 95, i finally got the guts to get it done. It was a piece of cake, no pain at all. It is just the standard tongue. If/When they tour Oz early next year, i will get a scroll done under the tongue of the dates i have seen them live.
09-12-02 12:36 PM
gypsymofo60 When I got mine Corg' I was gonna have a scroll done which in my youthful exuberance was going to be filled each time I got laid. Needless to say it was the shortest scroll on record, and this I could forsee. Abruptly I then banished the idea to the dust bin of the mind.."left shoe shuffle, right shoe muffle"........
09-12-02 07:39 PM
Child of the Moon A couple of years ago, I really wanted one of Keith, in all of his zonked-out 1976-vintage glory, somewhere near the opposite end of my forearm (palm side). Then I gave up on that and, if I ever decide to get one, it'll probably be the spiked Voodoo tongue. Not sure where, though.
09-12-02 07:47 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Get back to the original question ===> has anybody done anything different with it?

Well, during this summer I was bored so I turned myself into a walking billboard for the Tour, covering my jeans and arms in hand-made ads for the Stones. Especially delicious was the written note that I put on the seat of the pants when I got back late that night for use in the morning - "AND NO MICK TAYLOR!"

-tSYX --- One two three four five...