ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

FleetCenter,Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan's old haunts to feature in Jagger film Return to archive
09-10-02 01:57 PM
moy Dylan's old haunts to feature in Jagger film
SHOOTING of a �10 million film about the tempestuous life of the poet Dylan Thomas will begin at Laugharne in January.

The town's world-famous boathouse, where Thomas lived with the long-suffering Caitlin, will be included in the film being made by Rolling Stones singer, Mick Jagger.

One of the poet's favourite drinking haunts, Brown's Hotel, at Laugharne will also be featured.

Jagger is known for his admiration of Dylan Thomas, and his company Jagged Films has long been interested in making the film.

There is much excitement in Laugharne ahead of the arrival of the all-star cast. Scottish actor Dougray Scott, who appeared with Tom Cruise in `Mission Impossible II', will play the part of Thomas, while Emily Watson, of `Breaking the Waves' fame, has landed the role of Caitlin.

The drama will follow Thomas' marriage to Caitlin in 1937 until his death in New York in 1953 at the age of 39. The couple are buried together in the churchyard at St Martin's Church, Laugharne.

The 71-year-old landlord of Brown's Hotel, Tom Watts, personally knew Dylan.

"This was his favourite pub, he got the inspiration for all the characters in `Under Milk Wood' while sitting in the bar here,'' said Mr Watts.

"He would sit in the corner smoking Woodbines and then go home and elaborate on what he had seen. The people of Laugharne didn't think much of Dylan because they recognised themselves in what he was writing.''

Among them were the `web-footed' cockle women immortalised in `Under Milk Wood'.

Mr Watts was quick to defend Thomas against the popular theory that he was an alcoholic whose taste for whisky eventually killed him.

"I only ever saw him drink half pints of beer,'' he recalled. "It was a load of tripe that he was an alcoholic. He was a diabetic and after he was found unconscious in a New York hotel room he was taken to hospital where he was given morphine, which because of his condition was the wrong thing to do. The Americans don't like that theory.''

The new film is to be named after a collection of Dylan's poems, `Map of Love'.
09-10-02 02:47 PM
jb Nobody likes Dylan...I thought we went over this already!
09-11-02 04:24 PM
cocksucker Dylan is god
09-11-02 04:30 PM
moy this is not bob dylan but the article is jagger related that's why i posted, and yes it was discussed before but this is an updated article
09-12-02 10:15 PM
Martha Thanks for posting this thread Moy!

I am very interested in film..it runs a close second to my rock and roll obsession.